Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Felly's RAoK Temple
For the interested/curious Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gracie
  x2
View Results

Voleur dCoeur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:01 am


Apparently the Gracie quest can be done three times. (I suppose that's the standard now.)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:18 pm


I did not know that. o.o

Micherru


Calamanari

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:08 pm


Anyone tried using those soccer ball (kick) items in towns or something? I haven't tried yet but I'm guessing that you can.. uh.. kick them at people?
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:49 am


Haven't gone in yet myself (last I knew towns was broken but there again I haven't checked in some time.)

There's conflicting accounts on this but it's been said that # of kickable soccer balls = # of kicks and once the kicks are done the balls are gone. (*thinks, decides to totally not edit that*) A couple of other users said once they re-entered towns after expending their kicks their balls reset. (*not editing that either*)

As for the kicking...I'm guessing you could aim it at somebody but I think it's just around.

Faranath
Crew


Micherru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:03 pm


I haven't tried it either. *hates soccer* <.<
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 pm


Meh, I don't like soccer either...but I have a sort of "free stuff" fetish. whee If it weren't for the in-house item limit that's where the soccer ball would go.
(It probably wasn't fair that I started the trailer each time and then wandered off to another window to work on email till it was done.)

Faranath
Crew


Micherru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:28 pm


Haha, I did that too. Just let the video run and go do other stuff
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:51 pm


Haha, I always have a bunch of other tabs on my browser that I multi-task on XD

Interesting with those soccer facts(?), btw. I wonder what's up with them still.

Calamanari


Faranath
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:49 am


I'm not going to have time today but I might get a chance to verify tomorrow either in the morning or late in the evening.
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:02 pm


Yesh

Micherru


Voleur dCoeur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:19 am


Here you are, ladies:
In addition to Pose and Items there is now an option in the lower right of the Towns screen called Toy Bag. It works as a toggle just like the others.
Click on the Soccer Ball (inside the Toy Bag) and it will add a soccer ball to those icons. Click on that soccer ball and your avatar will then have a soccer ball in front of it.
As near as I can tell all you can do is run into it repeatedly for amusement.
If you let it sit too long a slowly-flashing red circle appears over it. (I have let that go on for a couple of minutes now and nothing has happened.)

Edit: Flashing red circle: This is so you can target your soccer ball if it rolls behind a tree or house and you can't see it. That circle flashes through anything.
Changing areas within a zipcode: My soccer ball jumped out of a shrub shortly after I got to my destination.
And if you're really curious: I bounced my soccer ball repeatedly off the first house I came to but no old guy came out shaking his walker and yelling for me to get off his lawn.
Changing zipcodes: You keep the ball.

Edit2: # of soccer balls does not reset when you close out towns and re-enter.
Also: I closed out again without attempting to get two soccer balls in play. I don't know why it would be possible but it seems like the sort of question Gaians would ask.
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:46 am


Bottomline: Mel was mostly right, it seems. I couldn't find anything special to do with the ball. Unfortunately I didn't come across any other Gaians to ask them if they could see and/or kick my soccer ball.
However, this strikes me as a testing phase for a future feature. I would hope, at least since I have a hard time picturing a person being amused enough by this to keep it up indefinitely--perhaps buy out all the soccer balls on Gaia, that sort of thing. (Except Mel, but she's a special kind of weird.)
And speaking of Mel; Do you want this cleaned up and added to the FAQ? (Also, please enjoy the fruits of my recent Towns harvest.)

Voleur dCoeur
Crew


Fellanora
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:18 am


V>User Image

That said, you rock. As for the FAQ...let me think it over for a couple of days. I'll nudge it in there if I decide it's a go.

twisted And since he did my work for me I have time to get Faran's wordbumping in for the day. Woot.
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:16 pm


Oooh, nice to know, thanks Valeur! (Btw, I will have to learn your guys' informal names, if you would like to throw them out to me/if you let me call you by them X__x )

At first I thought there WAS an old man who comes out of the house.. I was about to go try it. XD

Calamanari


Voleur dCoeur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:34 am


Congratulations, Calamanari. You are not a lemming. You just have lemming tendencies.
Informality: You can shorten my name if you'd like. I tend to not encourage that (beyond dropping the dCoeur) but since I let Mel get away with it and we're supposed to all be friends here, knock yourself out.
Reply
Felly's RAoK Temple

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//