Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Buffyverse. A Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel guild

Back to Guilds

 

 

Reply The Buffyverse. A Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel guild
Cordelia's Complete Character Change Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cordelia's Best Season
Season One
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Season Two
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Season Three
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Season Four
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
That One Part of Season Five
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Buffy Season One
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Buffy Season Two
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Buffy Season Three
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10


Sid Vaporeon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:11 pm


Wow, say that title five times fast!
Sorry if this is already a post. Just tell me, and I shall repent, and flog myself.
Anyway, I just wanted to see some discussion on how Cordelia's character completely changed after the second season of Angel.
Yes, I do understand that we, the viewers, should assume that she matures when she gets the visions. And sure, I can accept that.
Partly.
But can a woman like Cordelia, a sharp, sarcastic and causticly hilarious woman, can one thing completely change the way she sees the world? I just thought that by the time that she was a higher power (that was a what the hell moment for me) she was a completely different character.
Can anybody share their opinions on this?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:16 pm


Does nobody remember Cordelia?
Please!
Respond!

Sid Vaporeon


Neptune Bride

8,650 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:39 am


Yeah, she changed a lot, but she was still her old self deep down inside. I mean, remember that first episode after Buffy died, and Angel came back from his trip? She was all like hinting "whadya bring me, whadya bring me?" actually, through most of the first 15-20 minutes of that episode, she was like her old self. THere were a few other times too when I had to laugh and be like 'yup, you can't compleatly hide the rich ditz, can you luv?'
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:24 pm


She progressivly changed and matured..That's how I see it. As time when on, she started to care more and more. Her being poor and getting the visions also played a big part of it. I can accept it. It makes total sense. Besides, Buffy used to be Cordiela.

zach61092


zach61092

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:26 pm


And even Buffy was a sarcastic and hilarious woman with her powers.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:34 pm


zach61092
She progressivly changed and matured..That's how I see it. As time when on, she started to care more and more. Her being poor and getting the visions also played a big part of it. I can accept it. It makes total sense. Besides, Buffy used to be Cordiela.


Yeah, they became really similar as the shows progressed. Maybe that's part of the reason why Angel fell for Cardelia? Because he saw that same thing that made him love Buffy in her?

It could have just been that he needed a love interest, though....

Bye Bye Adilic


zach61092

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:46 pm


Bye Bye Adilic
zach61092
She progressivly changed and matured..That's how I see it. As time when on, she started to care more and more. Her being poor and getting the visions also played a big part of it. I can accept it. It makes total sense. Besides, Buffy used to be Cordiela.


Yeah, they became really similar as the shows progressed. Maybe that's part of the reason why Angel fell for Cardelia? Because he saw that same thing that made him love Buffy in her?

It could have just been that he needed a love interest, though....
Well, I was going for when Buffy used to be popular and probably more spoiled.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:49 pm


zach61092
Bye Bye Adilic
zach61092
She progressivly changed and matured..That's how I see it. As time when on, she started to care more and more. Her being poor and getting the visions also played a big part of it. I can accept it. It makes total sense. Besides, Buffy used to be Cordiela.


Yeah, they became really similar as the shows progressed. Maybe that's part of the reason why Angel fell for Cardelia? Because he saw that same thing that made him love Buffy in her?

It could have just been that he needed a love interest, though....
Well, I was going for when Buffy used to be popular and probably more spoiled.


Yeah, me too. But they both ahd that sensitivity in them though, which is why Cordelia was drawn to the Scoobies in highschool (albiet against her will).

Bye Bye Adilic


Nietzsche-Girl

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:42 pm


Classic, bitchy, fearless Cordy in seasons one and two were by far the best.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:42 pm


Bye Bye Adilic
zach61092
She progressivly changed and matured..That's how I see it. As time when on, she started to care more and more. Her being poor and getting the visions also played a big part of it. I can accept it. It makes total sense. Besides, Buffy used to be Cordiela.


Yeah, they became really similar as the shows progressed. Maybe that's part of the reason why Angel fell for Cardelia? Because he saw that same thing that made him love Buffy in her?

It could have just been that he needed a love interest, though....

Buffy and Cordy were both champions.

Nietzsche-Girl


hazellazer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:32 am


It was funny, after finishing Angel I went back and started a rewatch on BTVS and was like "Hoshitman, Cordy was a b***h?" she really did come a long way. And I liked her from Angel S1-S3, since she was still her same old Cordy but she had a dose of reality that made her human and not sheltered high school chick.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:32 pm


BakaTulip
It was funny, after finishing Angel I went back and started a rewatch on BTVS and was like "Hoshitman, Cordy was a b***h?" she really did come a long way. And I liked her from Angel S1-S3, since she was still her same old Cordy but she had a dose of reality that made her human and not sheltered high school chick.
Ya, and as time progressed she got less self-centered..

zach61092


RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:34 pm


Cordy is probably my favorite Buffy/Angel character. She really did grow up right before our very eyes....gradually in baby steps.

By the end of the second season of Buffy, she's already a different character...Her failed relationship with Xander Harris really put her in a position outside of where she started, with no hope of returning. The same girls who respected and admired her suddenly looked down on her by showing her exactly how bad a person she was. It's only natural that she grow beyond that.

As for what became of her once she left Sunnydale, she found herself inside in the inner triangle, one of three...rather than her position in the Scoobies, as one of the many.

Cordy grew up, but her change was relevant to her immediate surroundings. And thus, were great characterization by the writing staff.

It's a shame they couldn't of continued to mature Buffy in the same way. They kept putting Buffy in the same kind of positions, but after the third season, they just stopped letting her personality change. But that's probably another topic all together.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:08 am


I liked Cordelia better when she was in high school, even though she was annoying. In Angel she did a total change of character, and it was mainly to get Angel as her own because she still wanted him.

Watch the seasons of Angel closely and you will see this. She dyed her hair blonde because she thought Angel would like it because of Buffy. She tried to change in anyway just to entice him to her bed even though she knew what happens when Angel had sex and she still tried.

She was artificial and fake. She never did things for herself she always had a motive.

If you can't tell I really don't like her.


Anita_Blake_VampireHunter


RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:34 am


Anita_Blake_VampireHunter

Watch the seasons of Angel closely and you will see this. She dyed her hair blonde because she thought Angel would like it because of Buffy. She tried to change in anyway just to entice him to her bed even though she knew what happens when Angel had sex and she still tried.


I think you're way off target here. She didn't even realize she had feelings for Angel until midway to the end of season 3. (By then she had already gone through a lot of her changing.) As for her dying her hair blonde, didn't that happen in Season 4? The same season that she was inhabited by what she would give birth to, Jasmine.

Most of Cordy's change happened midway through Season 1, with Doyle's death, the rest of her maturity came after a time with the visions and the things she experienced...like her time in Lorne's dimension with the Grooselug(sp?), the birth of Angel's son, etc, etc.

Also, sex has little to do with Angel's losing his soul, it's all about achieving true happiness, as he manages to have sex with Darla, Eve and the werewolf chick who's name just escaped me without losing his soul. (Did I miss anyone?)
Reply
The Buffyverse. A Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//