Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:54 am


I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think it's going to be anything like the original, which is one of my favorite movies. The preview looks very Tim Burton-esque.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:56 am


willowtree
I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think it's going to be anything like the original, which is one of my favorite movies. The preview looks very Tim Burton-esque.


I want to see it, but they made johnny depp look gay.

ElvenPrincess


willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:22 am


ElvenPrincess
willowtree
I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think it's going to be anything like the original, which is one of my favorite movies. The preview looks very Tim Burton-esque.


I want to see it, but they made johnny depp look gay.


I'll admit ther is definitely a creepiness factor to him, but I think that's just goes along with the wackiness of Tim Burton. I think it'll fit right in.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:15 am


willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree
I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think it's going to be anything like the original, which is one of my favorite movies. The preview looks very Tim Burton-esque.


I want to see it, but they made johnny depp look gay.


I'll admit ther is definitely a creepiness factor to him, but I think that's just goes along with the wackiness of Tim Burton. I think it'll fit right in.


but he looks gay. I hate to admit it I don't think that he looks hot in this movie. and he's one of the hottest actors out there.

ElvenPrincess


PlatinumYoukai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:14 pm


ElvenPrincess
willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree
I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think it's going to be anything like the original, which is one of my favorite movies. The preview looks very Tim Burton-esque.


I want to see it, but they made johnny depp look gay.


I'll admit ther is definitely a creepiness factor to him, but I think that's just goes along with the wackiness of Tim Burton. I think it'll fit right in.


but he looks gay. I hate to admit it I don't think that he looks hot in this movie. and he's one of the hottest actors out there.


Depp said in an interview he was going for a cross between children's show host (i.e. Captain Kanagaroo or Mr. Rogers) and a game show host. He went for the melodical, surrealistic aura of children's show hosts and the outrageousness of the game show hosts. But in the end, it's all a mask....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:28 pm


ElvenPrincess
willowtree
I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think it's going to be anything like the original, which is one of my favorite movies. The preview looks very Tim Burton-esque.


I want to see it, but they made johnny depp look gay.
I agree. I think that Marylin Manson should play Willy Wonka, but that'll scare the little children away

Even Angels Cry.....


Robert De Niro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:13 pm


I like the original and I dunno if i'll ever see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp looks like Micheal Jackson in that movie. And he kinds acts like Micheal Jackson too.. So, I might see it.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am


It was not his intention to look like Michael Jackson, but hey shite happens and he looks like Wacko. I also would not have minded Marilyn Manson as Wonka. *thinks of Manson video*

PlatinumYoukai


Uncle Choco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:26 pm


That would be interesting, Manson as Wonka. But can Manson even act?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:38 pm


EViLgerbilz
That would be interesting, Manson as Wonka. But can Manson even act?


Does that even matter in Hollywood these days? They just get a decent looking face and stick 'em in a movie. Acting abilities are incedental.

PlatinumYoukai


Uncle Choco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:47 pm


PlatinumYoukai
EViLgerbilz
That would be interesting, Manson as Wonka. But can Manson even act?


Does that even matter in Hollywood these days? They just get a decent looking face and stick 'em in a movie. Acting abilities are incedental.
Good point. Maybe I'm still stuck thinking that movies should be art instead of a product to be sold.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:23 pm


i cant wait, it looks hell good

GroovyJenny


PlatinumYoukai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:16 pm


Okay, I saw the movie the day it came out and while it was interesting a visually stunning, I didn't really like it. Sorry, but Depp's no Gene Wilder and I thought he really did sound way too much like Jackson, despite his intentions. And the oompaloompa songs were just not as entertaining. Frightening, yes, but not as entertaining.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:20 pm


I saw that movie and thought it was great. My dad said it was more true to the book. I liked this movie better than Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because it was a lot funnier to me. Gene Wilder was way too kind to be real. rolleyes

Sango_the_Tenshi


ElvenPrincess977
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:22 pm


I thought that movie was really good.  
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//