Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dragonball Z
ATTENTION: Saiyan Saga 'redubbed' ISN'T UNCUT!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:52 am


Just thought I'd say it again. I've heard that Cartoon Network is gonna air those redubbed episodes, which are supposed to be 'uncut' and they even shout to everyone; "How DBZ was meant to be seen".

This is COMPLETE bullshit!


Some time ago I watched he first episode myself, because I was curious. I also saw the first episode in japanese, english subbed by Anime HQ.

I've made an editorial/review about it, and just read it. I've watched all three versions:

Censored, dubbed by Ocean Studios
'Uncut' redubbed by FUNimation
Japanese, fansubbed.

So please read my editorial/review, and I hope I can convince you to watch the JAPANESE DBZ. Because that TRUELY is how DBZ is meant to be seen. This isn't uncut at all.

(Sorry for my poor english smile

Quote:
The episode begins with strange monk music! The narrator starts talking; He tells that after Goku had beaten King Piccolo (hey, isn't that what FUNi called Piccolo's FATHER?!) 5 years have passed. The narrator continues. "It's a time of rebuilding..." What exactly needs to be rebuild? As far as I know only the Tenkaichi Budoukai stadium was destroyed. He also says a lot of other crap, which is actually quite stupid since in the original you didn't hear anything. In any case, I continue watching. As I hear the music it becomes clear to me that they'd fired Bruce Faulconer. The title screen. Very cool and stylish appears the title in japanese, AND english! But since I can't read kanji I have no clue what it says. The title in english is 'A new threat.' This doesn't look like the real episode name at all, namely A Sheltered Boy: My Name is Gohan. Unless Gohan's the new 'threat', of course.

The episode begins. We hear ChiChi call for Gohan. She sounds kinda mad. And there's constantly music playing like we're used to by the FUNimation dub. We see Goku. I noticed that Sean Schemmel is trying really hard to sound like the Goku done by Ocean studios. The dialogue is also exactly the same as the Saiyan saga where they've cutted all sorts of stuff out! Finally, it's time! Instead of that ChiChi says that all the worrying is gonna give her wrinkles, she says; "I'm gonna worry myself to DEATH." Wow, the first forbidden word is out, people.

The legendary farmer comes on screen, and he is smoking! But oh, it's too early to celebrate. The screen may be uncut, but when it comes to dialogues... This man has the most horrible voice ever. This voice actor tries to do an Texas accent, but unfortunately for him the voice of Ocean was better. Example of FUNI: "This job is bigger than I thoughTTTHHH." It doesn't even sound like a Texas accent. Pretty sad that I, a person from the Netherlands, noticed that. You're never gonna believe this, but FUNi still has this: Farmer: "Better bring my pea-shooter!" If this is so 'uncut', why don't they say 'My gun'?! This isn't any different at all from the Ocean version, very bad FUNi. Brr, the sentence "I'll be darned" is also still left in. I don't have a clue why they even DARE calling this uncut. Well, Raditz comes out of his spaceship. You immediately hear 'cool' techno music. Also this voice actor tries to imitate Ocean's Raditz , and they did such a terrible job, like he tries it without using his tongue. When he says "Kakarot has failed us", it sounds like he's the terminator. He could've done a better job as #16. At this point I think the censored version of Ocean Studios is a lot better, but of course nothing can match the original japanese version.

Gohan comes on screen, his voice doesn't go with his cute appearance at all. Even if this Gohan is done by a woman,his voice is too heavy compared to his japanese one. I also miss Gohan's super cute theme that he has in the japanese version. We can hear the first dumb joke, when Gohan tries to climb a tree: "Hey, are you sure there's not an elevator on this thing?" Haha. There are also moments when Gohan says nothing, but FUNi did let him say something. Especially when Gohan cries, you hear that terrible voice. Couldn't FUNi hire another woman for this?

In the commercial part they threw in some dumb music. In this version Raditz isn't surprised that the people on Earth are still alive, like in the japanese one. He only says "Miserable little vermin". Also the conversation between Piccolo and Raditz is exactly the same as in the old english version. I already mentioned Raditz' horrible voice, didn't I? Muahaha, they did instead of 'Watch the birdie' now 'Double Sunday', like in the Budokai games. In the japanese one the attack doesn't have a name, just so you know. Raditz also immediatly says that 'Kakarot' and himself are Saiyans! Normally you find this out the same time as Goku does, but FUNi apparantly found it neccesary to enlighten us about that right now. The narrator also says "Who is this mysterious Saiyan warrior." Like everyone already knows what Saiyans are. I wouldn't be surprised if they called Piccolo a 'Namek' within a few episodes, hehe. The narrator also says; "And Goku will discover the secrets of his past". This sentence only gives too much away. How are we supposed to know that Raditz' meant Goku with 'Kakarot'? Weird FUNi.

My opinion? This is terrible. To keep it simple, this is a must for the dubbies, but for the people who love the real DBZ, will watch in horror, like I did.


I got the following from the official DragonBall Z site, for the english dub.

Quote:
His mission: To survey the damage and destruction his sibling should have leveled against planet Earth.


Uhm, Goku's mission on Earth is to kill all the people that live on Earth. NOT to destroy it.

Quote:
Raditz begins to carry out the work his brother could never bring himself to do.


Eh? He DEMANDS Goku to kill 100 people, and lay their bodies next to Kame House the next day. Or he'll kill Gohan. He doesn't go kill the Earthlings himself? @@;

Quote:
Piccolo knows that the intergalactic mercenary has come for one thing: Total domination of planet Earth.


Again: The Saiyajin's purpose for being on Earth is to kill the civilians. NOT destroy the world!

Quote:
Piccolo knows that in order to protect his new home world he must do the unthinkable: Join forces with Goku!


PROTECT?! As you know, Piccolo's dream is to rule the world, like his father did (for 2 hours or so blaugh ) , the reason he fights along Goku is because, if the Saiyajin kill everyone and put the planet for sale, he can't exactly rule it anymore.

NOT TO PROTECT HIS NEW HOME?! gonk

Also, did you hear that theme song? If we want DBZ the way it was supposed to be seen, GIVE US THE CHA LA HEAD CHA LA AND ZENKAI POWER!!



I'll bet that some of you will ignore this completely. But I know that true fans would listen to me. FUNi KILLS the real DragonBall Z. Even TOEI said they would go to someone else if they knew what FUNi would did to it.

So please, want the real DBZ? Watch the japanese! And don't whine to me about it not being on TV, because FUNi DOES (thank GOD) put it on the DVD's.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am


jeeej for Bura!!!!

i agree, the japanese eps are the best!!!!!! heart

Gh0st B3N


Lesirahc

Quotable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:46 am


true it's not as what it's sopposed to be.Because I remember like goku saying "******** off"But maybe I was watching gt in jap just wasn't paying attention.But the new version does have blood.Unlike that other version.But yeah japenese is better.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:47 am


His mission: To survey the damage and destruction his sibling should have leveled against planet Earth.


Uhm, Goku's mission on Earth is to kill all the people that live on Earth. NOT to destroy it.

True but he must destroy all civilization aswell so the new planet owners will be able to build.

Lesirahc

Quotable Lunatic


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:13 am


Knuckles the ehconda
true it's not as what it's sopposed to be.Because I remember like goku saying "******** off"But maybe I was watching gt in jap just wasn't paying attention.But the new version does have blood.Unlike that other version.But yeah japenese is better.


Nah, he doesn't say ******** but he does say 'damn' and 's**t' and such. The fansubbers of GT (I bet you mean Super5.com, ne?) overreact that a bit XP. And thanks for agreeing with me that the japanese is indeed better! 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:07 am


I like the revamped episodes! gonk

You guys are almost all against me! crying

Kamikalo


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:33 pm


Kamikalo
I like the revamped episodes! gonk

You guys are almost all against me! crying


Sorry for liking the REAL DBZ, the way it was *really* meant to be. ^^; I REALLY recommened the japanese version, watch it when you have the chance. If you do, you'll hate FUNimation soon enough, like us. smile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:16 pm


MikoBura
Kamikalo
I like the revamped episodes! gonk

You guys are almost all against me! crying


Sorry for liking the REAL DBZ, the way it was *really* meant to be. ^^; I REALLY recommened the japanese version, watch it when you have the chance. If you do, you'll hate FUNimation soon enough, like us. smile

OMG, I've watched many of the Japanese versions. I like it and I like Funimation's dub.


I don't get it. Why do you have to be 6-11 years old to like Funimation? I don't see anything so horrible about Funimation. I don't get why it's a sin and from what I see, it's not. neutral My brother is 22 and he likes the Funi dub. Does that make him horrible?

I'm not saying you're stupid for liking the original Japanese version, but saying liking Funimation is a sin unless you're a little kid is offensive to many degrees.

Kamikalo


Kamikalo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:56 pm


And I'm sorry if I sound bitchy, but I really don't see why I have to be a 6-11 year old to like Funimation. REally.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:03 am


Kamikalo
MikoBura
Kamikalo
I like the revamped episodes! gonk

You guys are almost all against me! crying


Sorry for liking the REAL DBZ, the way it was *really* meant to be. ^^; I REALLY recommened the japanese version, watch it when you have the chance. If you do, you'll hate FUNimation soon enough, like us. smile

OMG, I've watched many of the Japanese versions. I like it and I like Funimation's dub.


I don't get it. Why do you have to be 6-11 years old to like Funimation? I don't see anything so horrible about Funimation. I don't get why it's a sin and from what I see, it's not. neutral My brother is 22 and he likes the Funi dub. Does that make him horrible?

I'm not saying you're stupid for liking the original Japanese version, but saying liking Funimation is a sin unless you're a little kid is offensive to many degrees.


I said 'kinda' in a not meaning way, not:

OMG! YES IT'S A SIN! DAMNIT!

So don't take stuff seriously.

It's like this. There is DBZ how it's meant to be, and there is the edited americanized version. The what used to be DBZ, but they made it theirs.

I have a lot of friends on MSN that also prefer the dub over the japanese. However, I usually turn those to my side soon enough twisted They mostly don't really know what FUNi did to this great anime.

MikoBura
Vice Captain


Ethereal Dream

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:35 pm


I figured it wouldn't be as uncut as they claimed, but I've never seen either the original Japanese, or the first dub for those episodes, so I can't really comment. I think I'll stick with the manga.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:10 pm


Ethereal Dream
I figured it wouldn't be as uncut as they claimed, but I've never seen either the original Japanese, or the first dub for those episodes, so I can't really comment. I think I'll stick with the manga.


Manga owns the anime anyway. 4laugh

MikoBura
Vice Captain


Kamikalo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:00 pm


MikoBura
Ethereal Dream
I figured it wouldn't be as uncut as they claimed, but I've never seen either the original Japanese, or the first dub for those episodes, so I can't really comment. I think I'll stick with the manga.


Manga owns the anime anyway. 4laugh
Always does! cool
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:43 pm


Shame on them for leadingus on like that. They shall suffer my wrath evil

SYFFER
Captain


TidusJr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:13 am


Kamikalo
MikoBura
Ethereal Dream
I figured it wouldn't be as uncut as they claimed, but I've never seen either the original Japanese, or the first dub for those episodes, so I can't really comment. I think I'll stick with the manga.


Manga owns the anime anyway. 4laugh
Always does! cool

Ohh yeah. Manga rules. And you can get cool pics from it to draw. mrgreen
Reply
Dragonball Z

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//