Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Happy Guild (Earthbound)

Back to Guilds

A true Earthbound guild dedicated to the love of blue. 

Tags: Earthbound, Happy Happy Village, Mother 2, Super Smash, Blue 

Reply Boogey Tent
EarthBound on Wii Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a Wii?
Yeah, I waited in line
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but I got mine later
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
No Wii for me :(
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20


SaferSaturnX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:26 pm


Yes, it's a funny name, get over it already: It's an awsome system. I've played and beaten Twilight Princess, and I am very impressed. The only thing I dislike about the system is that the wiimote has an auto shut-off to conserve battery life, but no actual on-off switch, which is very disconcerting to my OCD self. But I have also tested the virtual console, with the original Zelda, and I am also quite impressed.

What this thread is really about though, is EarthBound, and it's possible (hopeful) and eventual release for the Wii's virtual console. So far, I haven't heard anything about it being released, but my speculation puts the game being released sometime late 2007 (hopefully).
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:47 am


I really do hope Earthbound will be available on the Wii, so that people who never got the chance to play it can blaugh

Krazy-Chibi

Spoopy Chomper

29,675 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Launcher
Captain

Wheezing Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:50 am


Earthbound seeing a virtual console release?

Lemme ask the magic 8-ball.

"As I see it, yes."

I think it'll happen.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:10 pm


I called Nintendo Support today on a different matter, but asked when we could see Earthbound...they wouldn't give me a time or date but said that we would probably see Super Mario RPG and Metroid before they even touch Earthbound...sorry to disappoint...

Amauriel


E Almighty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:12 pm


Hola mi Amigos! I got my Wii for Christmas, and it'd be extremely insane adn cool if a new improved version of Earthbound came out for it! I think they need to restore some of the awesome old school games into the TECHNOLOGY OF THE FUTURE (aka better graphics) that'd be coo. So...Laters Skaters.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:36 pm


Oh my blue, such ideas sets my mind a-boggiling. Blurr blurr..

Carpainter
Vice Captain


SaferSaturnX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:05 pm


Well, Super Mario RPG already is official, and I'm not sure, but I think Metroid is as well (if it's not it should be). I know EarthBound might be a little much to hope for, but I think they'd definitly make their moneys worth (especially based on the fact that it costs them practically nothing to put an old game on the wii shop channel). There are other games that I'm sure won't ever make it there at all (oh, Solar Jetman, why did people not buy you?).
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:06 pm


slightly_chaotic
Hola mi Amigos! I got my Wii for Christmas, and it'd be extremely insane adn cool if a new improved version of Earthbound came out for it! I think they need to restore some of the awesome old school games into the TECHNOLOGY OF THE FUTURE (aka better graphics) that'd be coo. So...Laters Skaters.
The original on the wii is still wishful thinking at this stage, an improved version is pretty much out of the question.

SaferSaturnX


Amauriel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:55 pm


I'm sure we're not going to see either for a while...and they won't publicize it either way...

It's like Nintendo wants Earthbound to fail, then when it does well, they sweep it under the rug....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:47 pm


Hopfully we'll see good ol' Ness in Super Smash Bros, im excited. There putting Pit from Kid Icarus in, one of my beloved games.

E Almighty


Pride of the Peaches

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:38 am


I think it's more likely that we'll see Lucas than Ness, but... Ness has been in both of the SSB games already, so... Who knows, maybe we'll get both! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
GaiArch = AWESOME.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:26 am


We see Ness in the Super Smash Bros. games because Mother is HUGE in Japan. When Mother 1+2 came out, Coca-Cola (or was it Pocari?) put little collectible figures on the top of all of their bottles. I think it's very plausible that we will still see Ness on this one, but with Mother 3 just released there (last April) it could be Lucas. I'm fairly sure that Mother will have representation.

Amauriel



Ness The Homicidal Bum


Anxious Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:38 pm


If earthbound comes out on Wii I'll sell my kidneys to get me a wii
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:02 am


I would love a vc earthbound to come out. Would be even better if they made a new one with Twilight Princess graphics.

bryonsmothers


Launcher
Captain

Wheezing Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:47 pm


I'd be pretty surprised if Ness didn't attend Brawl. I don't think any character got dropped moving from SSB to SSB:M and I think the whole "Smash" thing makes it fairly improbable that he'd just disappear.
Reply
Boogey Tent

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//