Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
THE SCREAM... @_@

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caffeine Burnout

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:33 am


Okay... There is this one scream that was used in the original Star Wars. I think it was shortly before or shortly after Ben's death... I dunno. But I have heard that same scream, over and over again, in different movies, normaly during action sequences. I know it must be a sound byte, and it is probably an inside joke-ish thing for movie creators. Hereare a few other movies I've heard it in(That I can remember.)

Space balls, when Barf is using a vent to deflect the soldiers shots, the fourth one gets hit in the a**, and does THE SCREAM.

Revenge of the Sith... I forget when.

Planet of the Apes, recent version: Alls I know is my parents were watching it, I heard THE SCREAM, and I ran in. It was during the huge ape-human battle sequence near the end.

So.

Does anybody else know how THE SCREAM sounds? Can you name another movie it's been used in?

I know I am not crazy! crying
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:13 am


I'll have to get Star Wars out and see which scream you're talking about.

willowtree
Captain


Caffeine Burnout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:48 pm


Space Balls is the only movie where I can tell you EXACTLY when it happens.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:37 pm


Batman returns! It was used in Batman Returns!

Caffeine Burnout


Uncle Choco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:49 pm


OMG! I know exactly what you're talking about! I think THE SCREAM happens again in SW A New Hope right when Luke and Leia are trying to swing across the knocked out bridge in the Death Star. Luke passes his blaster to Leia, and Leia shoots a stormie and he does THE SCREAM as he falls.

I really do think its a track that directors and editors use in moves. Good call on your part for picking that up! biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:23 pm


Ok, I was browsing the internet and I found this article about The Scream, and I new that there was this thread about it. It actually has a name: the Wilhelm Scream. Here's the link about it, and the list of all the movies that it has it in, for your perusal:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/W/Wi/Wilhelm_scream.htm

Uncle Choco


Caffeine Burnout

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:38 pm


EViLgerbilz
Ok, I was browsing the internet and I found this article about The Scream, and I new that there was this thread about it. It actually has a name: the Wilhelm Scream. Here's the link about it, and the list of all the movies that it has it in, for your perusal:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/W/Wi/Wilhelm_scream.htm


heart
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//