Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lovers Of Megatokyo And 1337

Back to Guilds

 

Tags: Megatokyo 

Reply Lovers Of Megatokyo And 1337
Fredart and copic markers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Copic markers
  Yay
  nah,,,they suck
View Results

Great Teacher Largo San

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm


Ok, so i just checked out fredart and he's colored a DPD of kimoko with his copics. It looks good.

Um, ok, so i'm not good at this right now, make a subject out of this if you can.

At least go check out the pic. It's...well, just go check it out.

(edit: sorry, I wasn't thinking when i posted this the first time)
Kimiko in Copics
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:28 am


One thing that might help is giving direct links to the things you are talking about. Because even though some people may easily get to it, other's are just damn lazy, and might not look because they have to search for it.


To talk about the actual picture: I like it. I don't agree with him when he says the colour choices were bad, I think it works, and He did great work with not losing the actual picture within the colour. Although, I wouldn't expect anything less as he's been drawing for quite some time xp

my dog ate my sanity
Vice Captain


bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:42 pm



copic markers are nice indeed, just notoriously expensive to make a real habit of using. gonk
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:17 pm


Copic Kimiko Picture

Copics are indeed fantastic to use once you get the hang of them. And I agree with Gallagher, they are more enjoyable (and less frustrating) to use than CG stuff. ^^;;

gongkat


meekachan

Friendly Bard

7,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:13 pm


It's fun to do both I think, but using actual colors on a real drawing feels
more solid.

And yes, Fred's copic experiments are teh roxxor! heart
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:44 am


oi! sorry! I was half asleep (long day at school) when i originally posted. Please excuse

Great Teacher Largo San


gongkat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:34 pm


The only irritation I have towards copic markers is the fact that they do not scan well into the computer inorder to publish them online. I used them for my webcomic's chapter 2 color page...the colors got washed out.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:03 pm



possibly, could this be a scanner problem, not a marker problem? do other things get washed out when scanned? Maybe you just need to mess with the color balance and levels and such on the scan.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain


Great Teacher Largo San

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:04 pm


gongkat
The only irritation I have towards copic markers is the fact that they do not scan well into the computer inorder to publish them online. I used them for my webcomic's chapter 2 color page...the colors got washed out.

did you try adjusting your scanner settings? (has this problem alot...)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:08 pm


I'll try messing around with the color balance sometime in the near future. Currently I haven't the time to fiddle around with it. sad

gongkat


Great Teacher Largo San

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:40 pm


well, it seems this has survived longer than i expected it would...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:40 am



no time? Aw, I know what you mean. The only "free time" I get seems to be "instead of sleeping" time or "procrastinating on writing any of various papers time." sweatdrop
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain


my dog ate my sanity
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:33 am


Yesterday was my no free time day. I slept in so I had to go to school right away, I had a meeting all during lunch, I went to work right after school, then came home had a shower, ate and went to dance. Then I came home and was soooo tired I just went strait to bed.

I didn't get on a computer aaall day gonk
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:40 pm


my dog ate my sanity
Yesterday was my no free time day. I slept in so I had to go to school right away, I had a meeting all during lunch, I went to work right after school, then came home had a shower, ate and went to dance. Then I came home and was soooo tired I just went strait to bed.

I didn't get on a computer aaall day gonk


NOOOO! NOT 1337!!! So not 1337!!!!!

Great Teacher Largo San


gongkat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:47 pm


As much as I like to be social, currently I have too many things going on for me to handle. I'm the president of two clubs, work on the webcomic (although not recently due to midterms) and trying to start up an online sumie gallery/business, in additon to grad school applications. whooo no time. /rant.
Reply
Lovers Of Megatokyo And 1337

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//