Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Entertainment
Book Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joe?
  Like... Coffee?
  Like... Samoa?
  Like... Blacksmith?
  lyke, who cares? i dun reed!
View Results

Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:12 pm


Original name, no?
We don't have one, we need one. Poll will change every so often.

Short survey to get things started. Answer each question with your current answer, if you change your mind later, re-post and keep the thread alive:
Favorite book:
Worst book you ever read by your own free will:
Worst forced reading (parent, school, ect.):
Favorite book character:
Favorite author:
Have you ever yelled at a character while reading?
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this?
Currently reading...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:31 pm


Favorite book: Toss up between Les Miserables and Jane Eyre (Thanks, school, you killed the one clear thing in my life. XD)
Worst book you ever read on your own free will: I can't remember any bad books I've read on my own free will.
Worst forced reading (parent, school, ect.): Speak, I don't think there was a character in it that I liked. Besides that, it was unrealistic.
Favorite book character: Grantaire or Mr. Rochester (Yay for the uglies!)
Favorite author: (Still clear! Yay!) Victor Hugo
Have you ever yelled at a character while reading? Yep.
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? "That's 'cause you have STDs!" While reading Les Mis after Grantaire remarked, "Enjolras despises me."
Currently reading... Nothing. I'm trying to decide between Notre Dame and Wiseguy...

Chisato-chan
Vice Captain


Ring_Lord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:28 am


Favorite book: Harry Potter Series
Worst book you ever read by your own free will: Charlotte's Web
Worst forced reading (parent, school, ect.): Holes
Favorite book character: Dumbledore
Favorite author: J.K. Rowling
Have you ever yelled at a character while reading? no...
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? hasn't happened
Currently reading... Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:18 am


Favorite Book: St. George and the Fiery Dragon. yeah, that's a good one. XD no, really, there is no way I could pick a favorite...The Witches was for a while, in like 4th grade, love the Lord of the Rings (the Hobbit's my favorite out of that) love the Harry Potter series, (3rd one) Love anything by Roald Dahl, love Les Mis, love Lord of the Flies/Romeo and Juliet (dunno if those count, they wouldn't be half as amusing with the absense of our messed up jokes behind that) love Eragon series, can't think of the actual name at the moment, Inkheart was good, so...about anything with a suffering hero. Wicked was good too, so was the Three Muskateers, amazing book, that one. he Invisable Man was good also. the list goes on. and the Janet Evanevich series which is part smut, part mystery, part humor. good series though, only books I read like that. I mostly stick to fantasy fiction.
worst book ever read by your own free will: well, actually a series: Series of Unfortunate Events. I read at least 11, I dunno how many are out now, didn't like a single one, yet I read them anyway, cause I'm ridiculously stubborn like that. oh and anything by Bruce Coville, and that series with that kid who wanted to be a vampire or sumthing, that was lame. only read one of that series.
Worst forced reading: Heart of a chief or sumthing, read it in 7th grade, never read past the 5th chapter and still got a 98 on the book test. sumthing about an indian boy who was all "oh, pity me, I'm indian and my dad is a gambling addict" yeah, that was pretty bad
Favorite book character: again, if it's a suffering hero I'm happy
Favorite Author: erm...either J.K. Rowling or Victor Hugo or Roald Dahl
have you ever yelled at a character well reading? XD doesn't everyone?
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? can't remember many offhand, I'll put something in later...I do this so often I don't even remember...
Currently reading: Gulliver's travels, Jane Eyre, Othello, Twelve Sharp, and some book I found on my shelf the other day I'll have finished in an hour. I can't even recall the title at this point. and the sequel to the Three Muskateers which I haven't actually started yet, but it's on my "to read" list.

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 am


Mrs_BananaMan
Favorite Book: St. George and the Fiery Dragon. yeah, that's a good one. XD no, really, there is no way I could pick a favorite...The Witches was for a while, in like 4th grade, love the Lord of the Rings (the Hobbit's my favorite out of that) love the Harry Potter series, (3rd one) Love anything by Roald Dahl, love Les Mis, love Lord of the Flies/Romeo and Juliet (dunno if those count, they wouldn't be half as amusing with the absense of our messed up jokes behind that) love Eragon series, can't think of the actual name at the moment, Inkheart was good, so...about anything with a suffering hero. Wicked was good too, so was the Three Muskateers, amazing book, that one. he Invisable Man was good also. the list goes on. and the Janet Evanevich series which is part smut, part mystery, part humor. good series though, only books I read like that. I mostly stick to fantasy fiction.
worst book ever read by your own free will: well, actually a series: Series of Unfortunate Events. I read at least 11, I dunno how many are out now, didn't like a single one, yet I read them anyway, cause I'm ridiculously stubborn like that. oh and anything by Bruce Coville, and that series with that kid who wanted to be a vampire or sumthing, that was lame. only read one of that series.
Worst forced reading: Heart of a chief or sumthing, read it in 7th grade, never read past the 5th chapter and still got a 98 on the book test. sumthing about an indian boy who was all "oh, pity me, I'm indian and my dad is a gambling addict" yeah, that was pretty bad
Favorite book character: again, if it's a suffering hero I'm happy
Favorite Author: erm...either J.K. Rowling or Victor Hugo or Roald Dahl
have you ever yelled at a character well reading? XD doesn't everyone?
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? can't remember many offhand, I'll put something in later...I do this so often I don't even remember...
Currently reading: Gulligan's travels, Jane Eyre, Othello, Twelve Sharp, and some book I found on my shelf the other day I'll have finished in an hour. I can't even recall the title at this point. and the sequel to the Three Muskateers which I haven't actually started yet, but it's on my "to read" list.
A few comments, I don't think Heart of a Chief counts because you din't finish the book... And do you mean Gulliver's Travels?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:30 am


yup. I'll fix that. can't type and think at the same time. and Heart of a Chief will just have to count cause I've got nothing else. I liked what we read in school, any I haven't I've blotted from my memory, or went back and liked it later.

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:34 am


...Even Speak? I really can't stand books about emo kids who aren't revoultionaires.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:01 am


I liked Speak... in an odd sort of way. I wouldn't read it again, but I didn't hate it.

Mrs_BananaMan


iceskater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:28 pm


Favorite book: I have so many I couldn't even begin to list them.
Worst book you ever read by your own free will: The Series of Unfortuante Events
Worst forced reading (parent, school, ect.): Probaly Speak
Favorite book character: I have a different one for each of my favorite books so there's lots.
Favorite author: Christopher Paolini or J.K. Rowling
Have you ever yelled at a character while reading? All the time
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? When we where in the mall my sisters were trying on clothes and I sat there reading Eragon and when Eragon did something stupid (I'm not even sure what anymore) I yalled "You idiot!" really loudly with a bunch of people around.
Currently reading... The Secret of Whispering Springs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:26 pm


"'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read."
Mark Twain

Favorite book: Don Quixote was wonderful and will always be a favorite of mine as was Les Miserables. I have a hard time choosing favorites because I've read so many.
Worst book you ever read by your own free will: The Series of Unfourtunate Events 1, didn't read past that. It insulted my intelligence.
Worst forced reading (parent, school, ect.): I can't remember any ones I really disliked enough to make note of it.
Favorite book character: Curious George. No, really. XD I love that little monkey.
Favorite author: Surprisingly not Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra or Victor Hugo, but Mark Twain. He was a satire master and I quote him almost daily! Seriously, who hasn't quoted him at least once?
Have you ever yelled at a character while reading? Yes, I've done it.
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? I can't think of a specific occurance right now.
Currently reading... Harold and the Purple Crayon, The Godfather, and Wicked. I like to keep my reading mixed up. All three were recomended by different people.

The Hermit Sage


Capt. George
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:18 pm


Favorite book: Wicked; I wish I could have an army of flying monkeys
Worst book you ever read by your own free will: Johnny Tremain; I did a project on this book without ever finishing it because it was so boring. I think I got a 95 too.
Worst forced reading (parent, school, ect.): Speak
Favorite book character: Javert; You know nothing of him
Favorite author: Gregory Maguire; He is brilliant and I love him
Have you ever yelled at a character while reading?Not out loud but in my head, especially at Jane Eyre whom I think to be an idiot but I am only on chapter 17 so I can't make a conclusion yet
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? Jane decided she was ugly and was making pictures of herself and of the other lady and I actually said out loud "You are such a dumb @$$." My mom was sitting there and didn't bother to ask.
Currently reading... Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and Jane Eyre
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:53 pm


Lovely Pirate Kami
Currently reading... Harold and the Purple Crayon, The Godfather, and Wicked. I like to keep my reading mixed up. All three were recomended by different people.
Harold and the Purple Crayon? -_-;; I hope to god it isn't the book I'm thinking of.

Chisato-chan
Vice Captain


iceskater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:08 pm


Chisato-chan
Lovely Pirate Kami
Currently reading... Harold and the Purple Crayon, The Godfather, and Wicked. I like to keep my reading mixed up. All three were recomended by different people.
Harold and the Purple Crayon? -_-;; I hope to god it isn't the book I'm thinking of.
I remember Harold and the Purple Crayon. That was an awsome book. I my sister still has that book.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:40 pm


Favorite book: I'd Have to say either Jane Eyre (which I read in 7th grade, and thus, this project has not ruined the book for me) or Come What May, yet another wonderfully written romance.
Worst book you ever read by your own free will:...hmm...*ponders for a moment* I don't think I've ever had one. If it's a bad book and I'm reading it of my own free will, then I simply stop reading it. Actually! WAIT! Anna Karenina. WORST 10,000 PAGED BOOK I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE. NO ONE READ THAT BOOK! IT IS ABOUT A WOMAN, AND SOME OTHER RANDOM PEOPLE, AND IT'S THE MOST FRIGGING BORING BOOK EVER, AND THEN, AFTER YOU'VE READ IT ALL AND UR ON LIKE THE LAST CHAPTER, SHE GETS HIT BY A FRICKING TRAIN, AND KILLS HERSELF. evil THAT BOOK NEEDS TO DIE !!!
Worst forced reading (parent, school, ect.): I think we can all safely agree that that book is most definately The Lord of the Flies.
Favorite book character: Mr. Rochester. (sexy beast)
Favorite author: Charlotte Bronte/Leslie Lafoy
Have you ever yelled at a character while reading? yes. many times. but...in my head, not out loud.
If so, what was the oddest occurance of you doing this? .....
Currently reading... Miss Toogood (not a smut book, captain george, because the book does not have n****e tassels on the cover, okay?!) and Jane Eyre.

bunnylover123


Capt. George
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:38 pm


Quote:
Currently reading... Miss Toogood (not a smut book, captain george, because the book does not have n****e tassels on the cover, okay?!) and Jane Eyre.


I don't know what to say about that since I am laughing so hard. I'll post a response later about the whole n****e tassel thing.... oh my god...
Reply
Entertainment

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//