Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
Comparing Harry Potter Books to the Movies Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:08 am


Hi, I don't know if this is an ok topic, so if it isn't, please delete it mods. xd
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:26 am


Well, as no one is bitching yet, I will post. I don't think you can really compare the two, as they are two different mediums, but I think the filmmakers have done a really good job so far, considering the sheer amount of information in the books. True, they left out some key information in a couple of the movies *glares at Cuaron's gross lack of the Marauders in POA*, but they've made up for it with what story they did use.

PlatinumYoukai


Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:53 pm


XD I mean, like, there were some fact that were left out, but the thing that got to me the most was the fact that the pig in the wig wasn't blonde like he was in the book! crying
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:22 am


I love both, and the first and second movie were nearly identical to the books, but in the Prisoner of Azkaban, I think they left out some important stuff that they'll ether have to add in the already 'overcrammed with information' 4th one, or just edit it out. stare
I kind of hope they make like a 3 1/2 hour movie of the fourth, and then do the same with the 5th...I'd really enjoy that. 3nodding

Xx_Sirius_xX


The_7th_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:42 am


The one thing they did not put oin the movies that is in the books and it is really pissing me off is that Peeves is not on the movies he is my favorite ghost.
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:26 am


Yeah, I am kinda upset they left Peeves out. He is really nifty and besides, how are they gonna do Fred and George's great scene in the fifth movie?

As for the things they left out of POA, I am a little upset, but Cuaron did it in such a way it could be put in later in another movie without much explanation. Why? He assumed the viewers had read the book and went from there. If you haven't read it and are confused, shame on you. Reading a book is easy. Especially these. What's done is done.

PlatinumYoukai


Caffeine Burnout

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:52 pm


Cho Chang is going to appear in the fourth movie, right? Cedric Diggory failed to be mentioned in the fourth one. They'd better properly kill him off in movie four.
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:22 am


Oh, I've seen pictures of who they have for Cedric and Cho and they did a really good job. I think they'll kill him good and proper. There's no blood in the movie from what I understand (kids movie), but it's still sufficiently scary and dark. I personally can't wait to see the Yule Ball, the photos look fantastic.

PlatinumYoukai


queeneb

Quotable Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:48 pm


of course this topic is ok the owners of this guild are harry potter freaks whee though me saying that is the cauldron calling the ketel black whee .

personally i thought the movies where doing ok when the first two came out they weren't word for word to the books but they did a damn good job and i liked them. but i sadly went in to see the third one with high expantations because it was my favorite book sadly i was disappointed it didn't follow the book at all except for the basic story line everything was off and if you didn't read the books you where horriably confused (like my step father lol he went to read the third book just because the movie had confused the hell out of him...he never reads novels. surprised )

the third on had it's good parts but not many
the first one has a bunch a good parts
and the second i have to say is the closest to the book from my point of view.

i really miss peeves in the movies even though he isn't a main character in the story line NOW he will be later and it is going to be hard to just bring him out of no where later on stare

all and all i am not a big fan of the movies i have been sticking to the books and i am currently in the process of reading them all..again just finsh the 4th and 1st ones now reading the 2nd one then the 3rd one then the 5th then the 4th one again i suppose whee
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:44 pm


PlatinumYoukai
Oh, I've seen pictures of who they have for Cedric and Cho and they did a really good job. I think they'll kill him good and proper. There's no blood in the movie from what I understand (kids movie), but it's still sufficiently scary and dark. I personally can't wait to see the Yule Ball, the photos look fantastic.
Neither can i

Even Angels Cry.....


Nefarious_Cult_Maker

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:03 pm


Books>Movies

the end.
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:49 pm


Well, it is kind of given that a book will be better then a movie. There is just more details that can be put in and it can be taken at one's own pace.

Super Nova Star Dust


PlatinumYoukai

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:07 am


queeneb

personally i thought the movies where doing ok when the first two came out they weren't word for word to the books but they did a damn good job and i liked them. but i sadly went in to see the third one with high expantations because it was my favorite book sadly i was disappointed it didn't follow the book at all except for the basic story line everything was off and if you didn't read the books you where horriably confused (like my step father lol he went to read the third book just because the movie had confused the hell out of him...he never reads novels. surprised )

the third on had it's good parts but not many
the first one has a bunch a good parts
and the second i have to say is the closest to the book from my point of view.



I think that's a bit unfair. Cuaron made the movie for fans. He didn't really care about people who haven't read the book. I personally believe that if you don't read the bleedin' book, you've got no right to watch the movie. That's just me though. I thought the third one was the best one because it was the closest to what JK had envisioned. Maybe it wasn't word for word (movies rarely are people), but it had her spirit in it. I can't really watch the first two. They're kinda cheesey.
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:27 am


I really dislike the movies, but of course I have to have them all just because they are harry potter. The movies really get on my nerves. I'd much rather pick up one of the books and read them pop in the movie.

ElvenPrincess


joyinfree

Heroic Pirate

11,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:46 pm


I think that the filmmakers didn't really know what they were doning.
Most of the actors are really really bad, but even worse were the scripts. I know there is a big time problem, but....They told you the really unimportant stuff and forgot most of the important things. So it came that the movie didn't really have something incommen with the book, exept of the titel. And actually, I would have changed the title, too. "Hermione Granger and...".
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//