Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
Most Underrated Directors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robert De Niro

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:01 pm


There's a lot of great Directors out in Hollywood. Some are well known, others aren't. But there are some really great ones that people don't often talk about. Or some that others don't even know who they are! Who do you think is the most underrated Director?

My pick is Martin Scorsese. Maker of Award Winning hits or some of the Best-Mean Streets (1973),Taxi Driver (1976),New York, New York (1977),Raging Bull (1980), Goodfellas (1990),Cape Fear (1991),Casino (1995),and Gangs of New York (2002). I bet a few even know that the famous line (" You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the ******** do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.") came from his movie Taxi Driver. His movies are all wonderful classics and should be remembered. But it seems no one remembers him. Either your too young to remember or your caught up with all the newer directors. I myself am only 14 and I looked into Scorsese. I just suggest many of you look at some of his movies...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:02 am


heart heart heart Martin Scorsese heart heart heart

I love this director, but I think here in Germany he's quite popular.
(At least his movies are well known)
The last movie I watched was the one with Robert DeNiro (I know there is more than one movie by him with DeNiro...) The German titel is Hexenkessel, it's quite old and well, DeNiro is Jonny Boy...
I didn't like Gangs of N.Y. that much, but Taxi Driver, Cape Fear and Godfellas are three of the best movies I've ever seen!
(And now guess who is one of my fav. directors and one of my fav. actors? 3nodding Martin Scorsese and Robert DeNiro).

But to takl about underrated directors. I don't know anyone...
But a very overrated director is -what's his face-...Tim Burton. sweatdrop

joyinfree

Heroic Pirate

11,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100

Robert De Niro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:59 pm


Wow, things in Germany are very different. I never hear anyone(at least here on Gaia, IMdB or whatever is a very different story) talk about Martin or De Niro that much. But the both of them are very brilliant. Recently Martin has made me a bit sad that he hasn't been using De Niro quite as much. Instead Leo DeCaprio has been making movies with Martin. So I haven't watched some of his more recent stuff. But I bought the Special Addition of Casino the other day. Plus I got the Martin Scorsese Boxed Set of his 'greatest films'. Out of his 'greatest flims' was two of them with Robert De Niro in them. Raging Bull and New York, New York. Both of them are classic 5 star movies, but Ny, Ny is very underrated. I highly suggest any Robert De Niro movie because of his acting, but even better is movies he was in which were dircted by Martin.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:30 am


Robert De Niro
Wow, things in Germany are very different. I never hear anyone(at least here on Gaia, IMdB or whatever is a very different story) talk about Martin or De Niro that much. But the both of them are very brilliant. Recently Martin has made me a bit sad that he hasn't been using De Niro quite as much. Instead Leo DeCaprio has been making movies with Martin. So I haven't watched some of his more recent stuff. But I bought the Special Addition of Casino the other day. Plus I got the Martin Scorsese Boxed Set of his 'greatest films'. Out of his 'greatest flims' was two of them with Robert De Niro in them. Raging Bull and New York, New York. Both of them are classic 5 star movies, but Ny, Ny is very underrated. I highly suggest any Robert De Niro movie because of his acting, but even better is movies he was in which were dircted by Martin.



3nodding Yes, i know what you mean...Martin uses Leonardo very often now. I really like Leonardo, too. he's a great actor but not as great as Robert de Niro. I really need to watch Aviatior, I think I'll like this movie. Did you already see the movie?
And yes, all Robert De Niro movies are great (at least I didn't see a bad one, Hide and Seek was the one, I liked less, but the movie was all right), especially the ones by Martin.

joyinfree

Heroic Pirate

11,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100

Robert De Niro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:13 pm


joyinfree
Robert De Niro
Wow, things in Germany are very different. I never hear anyone(at least here on Gaia, IMdB or whatever is a very different story) talk about Martin or De Niro that much. But the both of them are very brilliant. Recently Martin has made me a bit sad that he hasn't been using De Niro quite as much. Instead Leo DeCaprio has been making movies with Martin. So I haven't watched some of his more recent stuff. But I bought the Special Addition of Casino the other day. Plus I got the Martin Scorsese Boxed Set of his 'greatest films'. Out of his 'greatest flims' was two of them with Robert De Niro in them. Raging Bull and New York, New York. Both of them are classic 5 star movies, but Ny, Ny is very underrated. I highly suggest any Robert De Niro movie because of his acting, but even better is movies he was in which were dircted by Martin.



3nodding Yes, i know what you mean...Martin uses Leonardo very often now. I really like Leonardo, too. he's a great actor but not as great as Robert de Niro. I really need to watch Aviatior, I think I'll like this movie. Did you already see the movie?
And yes, all Robert De Niro movies are great (at least I didn't see a bad one, Hide and Seek was the one, I liked less, but the movie was all right), especially the ones by Martin.
Yeah. I myself am not very fond of him, but he is a very good actor. I haven't seen Aviator yet... Nor Gangs Of New York. I actually have NEVER seen a movie with Robert De Niro I didn't like. Except maybe The Adventures Of Rocky and Bullwinkle. That movie did make me somewhat mad. But I haven't seen Hide and Seek yet. Although I do admit I want to. I'm renting it soon. But I still have to watch Casino again(Which is like my all-time fav. De Niro/Pesci/Scorsese movie) and Raging Bull(Haven't seen it yet, but it's like a four star movie, another De Niro/Pesci/Scorsese movie).
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:09 pm


Robert De Niro
joyinfree
Robert De Niro
Wow, things in Germany are very different. I never hear anyone(at least here on Gaia, IMdB or whatever is a very different story) talk about Martin or De Niro that much. But the both of them are very brilliant. Recently Martin has made me a bit sad that he hasn't been using De Niro quite as much. Instead Leo DeCaprio has been making movies with Martin. So I haven't watched some of his more recent stuff. But I bought the Special Addition of Casino the other day. Plus I got the Martin Scorsese Boxed Set of his 'greatest films'. Out of his 'greatest flims' was two of them with Robert De Niro in them. Raging Bull and New York, New York. Both of them are classic 5 star movies, but Ny, Ny is very underrated. I highly suggest any Robert De Niro movie because of his acting, but even better is movies he was in which were dircted by Martin.



3nodding Yes, i know what you mean...Martin uses Leonardo very often now. I really like Leonardo, too. he's a great actor but not as great as Robert de Niro. I really need to watch Aviatior, I think I'll like this movie. Did you already see the movie?
And yes, all Robert De Niro movies are great (at least I didn't see a bad one, Hide and Seek was the one, I liked less, but the movie was all right), especially the ones by Martin.
Yeah. I myself am not very fond of him, but he is a very good actor. I haven't seen Aviator yet... Nor Gangs Of New York. I actually have NEVER seen a movie with Robert De Niro I didn't like. Except maybe The Adventures Of Rocky and Bullwinkle. That movie did make me somewhat mad. But I haven't seen Hide and Seek yet. Although I do admit I want to. I'm renting it soon. But I still have to watch Casino again(Which is like my all-time fav. De Niro/Pesci/Scorsese movie) and Raging Bull(Haven't seen it yet, but it's like a four star movie, another De Niro/Pesci/Scorsese movie).



I bought New York, New York a fewdays ago.
This movie was great.

And I want to see hide and seek again, becaus on the dvd there will be two different ends and I really didn't like the end I already saw. It ruined the whole movie!


I'm going to buy Aviator as soon as he isn't that expensive anymore 8think this will be soon)

Did you see this Meet the parents2 movie?

I liked the first one, but I don't know if I'll like this one too. Although I apreciate Ben Stiller as actor very much, too

joyinfree

Heroic Pirate

11,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100

240sxforever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:38 pm


Charlie Kaufman,

Eternal Sunshine
Adaptation
Bieng John Malcovich

and
Christopher Guest

Waiting for Guffman
Best in show
A mighty wind
This is spinal tap
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//