Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caffeine Burnout

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:11 am


I went to see it with some friends, all three of us having read the book... The moment we got there, we suddenly remembered that we should have each brought a towel with us. We could see it again, with towels... But there's no point. sweatdrop

If you go to see this movie, for the sake of nerdy fangeeks everywhere, bring a towel with you!

PS: The movie's great.
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:05 pm


That movie looks funny. I never read the book so I have no idea what is up with the towels.

Didn't they make an older Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie? I remember seeing it at blockbuster a long time ago. Had a big green ball with a mouth and hands on it.

H2DK

Unbeatable Lunatic


Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:07 am


That is something we could do. Compare older and newer movies. Not just this one, but the C&CF that is coming out soon.

As for the towel thing, saw it the night it came out, my friends LITTERALLY kidnapped me and dragged me to the movies! gonk I couldn't grab my towel! crying

But, since I am taking out my dad this weekend to the movie as a treat because he loved the books before I was even live, I'll make sure we both bring towels. blaugh Who knows? I might come in my bright pink bathrobe too! xd
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:14 pm


Even though it was too much of an Arthur/Trillian romance, I still cannot, after seeing it 4 times this past weekend, get that whale out of my head...

I think I need to get that clip. the mushroom cloud was great...

speaking of which... Where'd my towel go?

Nelowulf

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Caffeine Burnout

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:59 am


Trillion was the chick from Elf. The one who sang near the end.

That whale was done so ******** perfectly...
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:10 am


While the whale was done perfectly, I am afraid that it was the pot of flowers that made me laugh more. xD

Super Nova Star Dust


queeneb

Quotable Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:51 pm


i haven't seen it though i wish i could i was suppose to go with this guy i know last weekend but i was too sick crying plus my parents wanted to meet him first and i just don't want that sweatdrop

i have read all the books and i was dieing to go to it makes me all depressed when he said he went without me stare twit! though he said he will take me next week so i guess it is all good.

he said the trillian and arthur romance killed the movie i am sure he is right i knew they would do something stupid like that wish they hadn't still want to see it though to make fun of it more than anything sweatdrop .
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:54 pm


I say this:

If you're going there with a thought on how accurate it will be to the book, you'll be disappointed.

But if you go expecting to be disappointed, you may find it suprizingly good.

Give it a shot, and if you can't cope with inaccuracy, then don't see it ever again.

Nelowulf

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PlatinumYoukai

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:56 pm


We saw it as well, in the most run down theater in town because it was the only one playing it. While it did change a bit of the story line, we both enjoyed it as we could not remember enough of the book to b***h. Alas, we forgot our towels. I really did enjoy it, but I was disappointed because they left out the line "Ford you're turning into a fish, stop it."
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:54 am


PlatinumYoukai
We saw it as well, in the most run down theater in town because it was the only one playing it. While it did change a bit of the story line, we both enjoyed it as we could not remember enough of the book to b***h. Alas, we forgot our towels. I really did enjoy it, but I was disappointed because they left out the line "Ford you're turning into a fish, stop it."


I believe he was turning into a Penguin.... eek Should we go back and check? And sadly, my father did not let me go to the movies with a bathrobe and a towel on. crying

Super Nova Star Dust


PlatinumYoukai

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:18 pm


Super Nova Star Dust
PlatinumYoukai
We saw it as well, in the most run down theater in town because it was the only one playing it. While it did change a bit of the story line, we both enjoyed it as we could not remember enough of the book to b***h. Alas, we forgot our towels. I really did enjoy it, but I was disappointed because they left out the line "Ford you're turning into a fish, stop it."


I believe he was turning into a Penguin.... eek Should we go back and check? And sadly, my father did not let me go to the movies with a bathrobe and a towel on. crying


I believe you are correct. I think it was a penguin, I can never remember. And poo on your dad for no bathrobe and towel!
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:40 pm


Super Nova Star Dust
PlatinumYoukai
We saw it as well, in the most run down theater in town because it was the only one playing it. While it did change a bit of the story line, we both enjoyed it as we could not remember enough of the book to b***h. Alas, we forgot our towels. I really did enjoy it, but I was disappointed because they left out the line "Ford you're turning into a fish, stop it."


I believe he was turning into a Penguin.... eek Should we go back and check? And sadly, my father did not let me go to the movies with a bathrobe and a towel on. crying


ugh darn man

my step father would more then likely yell at me if i didn't remember to bring a towel! whee

queeneb

Quotable Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:59 am


gonk *jealousy* crying

But, nah, we were running late anyway. whee
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:52 am


I haven't seen it yet but i heard that it is funny.

The_7th_Dragon


PlatinumYoukai

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:18 am


It's not as funny as the books, but it is definitely amusing. The improbability drive moments are classic, and then there's the potted plant...good stuff.
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//