Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
Silent Films

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:55 pm


Who has seen one? I am interested in how they were done. I heard that they would have slides once in a while with words on it so you could get the main plot, but for the most part that the actors and actresses had to just put out a lot of emotion in their movements.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:02 pm


They are like moving comic books. The people would act then a slide with some words would come on it more action then more words.

Some were completely silent like the comedies. Physical comedy is very easy to do without words.

Go look them up on google. Guarenteed they have some silent films to download.

H2DK

Unbeatable Lunatic


Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:15 pm


I am not really able to down load things onto the computer I can get on so I am planning to try to hunt some down in blockbuster. Though for some reason I doubt they'll have many.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:39 pm


Super Nova Star Dust
I am not really able to down load things onto the computer I can get on so I am planning to try to hunt some down in blockbuster. Though for some reason I doubt they'll have many.


Try the library or amazon.com

H2DK

Unbeatable Lunatic


Caffeine Burnout

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:19 am


I saw City Lights, wit Charlie Chaplin in it. I laughed my a** off so hard at that.
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:02 am


Sweet_Chin_Music
I saw City Lights, wit Charlie Chaplin in it. I laughed my a** off so hard at that.


Can you tell me how the movie was shown from an Artistic point of view?

Super Nova Star Dust


Sango_the_Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:10 pm


I've seen one before when I was little, and I really enjoyed it. I don't remember the title, though. Actually, I think it was "Wings".
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:53 pm


Watch Mel Brook's "Silent movie."

(tecnicaly not a silent file... but the only words spoken in the movie come from Marcel Marceau.)

240sxforever


willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:29 am


If you can't find any to rent, a good one to get is Singin' In the Rain. It's not a silent, but has a lot about when Hollywood switched from silent to talkie.
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//