Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
Sponsoring a child.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SunflowerGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:22 pm


I've never, ever wanted to be a parent. I'm not the parenting type. Most kids annoy me, I'm not a very responsible person, I find babies ugly, I find childbirth very squicky, and find nothing appealing or loving about being tied down for 18+ years of my life to worry about another human while I could better spend those years exploring the world and accomplishing things.

There's been something I've wanted to do for ages. When I have an ongoing job and stable home life, I want to sponsor a third-world child. Now, some people tell me that kind of makes me "not childfree". I want more opinions.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:37 pm


nah, that doesn't count. You've neither had nor raised that kid, you have no association with them other then financialy covering their butt. It's nothing alike.

bluecherry


dorian greybeard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:14 pm


Eh, I see it as the same thing as giving spare change to a bum on the street. Doing that doesn't make you in favor of poverty, so why should sponsering a child make you in favor of childbirth?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:48 pm


Soulwreckage
Eh, I see it as the same thing as giving spare change to a bum on the street. Doing that doesn't make you in favor of poverty, so why should sponsering a child make you in favor of childbirth?

Indigo Dagger


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:44 am


xp squicky funny word whee

Anyway, ummmm well since you are not raising the child you are just giving it money I don't think that removes you from child-free qualifications.... taking pity on someone and showering them with a dollar a day is not raising them... so go for it... it is not my thing but I don't feel pity for people who survive off my helping hand.... but if you want to go ahead.
Reply
The Childfree Guild

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//