Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
Anyone who dislikes children must be cold, dark, and gloomy!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SunflowerGoddess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:23 am


...At least, that's what so many sappy Hollywood movies try to cram down our throats.



There are children who are fun to be around. It's fun to be around children who are insightful, intelligent, and friendly. My cousins, for example, are good kids.

Most children these days are not like that. The kids I grew up with were selfish, cruel, little dipshits. The kids who were apparantly "nice" were little backstabbing assholes/bitches. The "smart" kids were full of themselves and thought society owed them something for being "smart". Most children are like this these days.

It's most likely because of how adults are. Adults work all day (never having time for their children), and then blame the media and other people for their kids being such little undisiplined brats. No one can deal with the fact that being a parent is not for everyone. Everyone absolutely has to have kids, and adoption isn't "good enough".


Hollywood, there's a good reason why some of us hate most kids. These days, kids are not the joyful little balls of fun and baseball and ballet you make them out to be. They are brats. Believe it or not, some of us apply the age-old saying of "treat others as you wish to be treated" to kids. If we should be nice to these children, why shouldn't they be nice to us first? If we treat them nicely and just let them walk all over us and take advantage of the fact that we're "big people with money", can you not even begin to imagine what kind of adults they'll become?


I know that I'd be a terrible parent. That's why I decided to never breed. The most I'll do is donate money to already existing children who don't have anything.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:24 pm


I love how Hollywood only portarys the adorable smart children in the movies, and not the snot-nosed, messy haired, gap toothed whiny brats that seem to be much more common. I don't hate all kids, just most of them. I would probably make an ok mom, but would end up feeling resentful and like it wasn't worth it and where did 18 years of my life go and wheres all my money? I don't think of myself as gloomy, just practical. If I make something, I want it to last for a long time. If the kid is just going to die in 60 or so years, then whats the point?

OliviaOblivia


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:44 pm


YAY A RANT!! xd

It is sad... plus how hollywood makes kids look... all innocent and fun and pleaseing...

It seems more and more these days that hollywood is involving kids in their movies... it is annoying as all ********!!! Especially when the kid is the key to saving the race... or to someones happiness...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:35 am


We need more Angelicas on TV, tell it like it is people. (rugrats)
While not all kids are brats, like you said, most of them are now days thanks to a crapy environment they're coming from, composed of bad: parents, media, and local communities. They have things instilled in from birth so they grow up to be low quality individuals who perpetuate the trend all over again. Kids disapoint me so much. I've stopped looking around for promising ones to hope they'll grow up to be individuals worth knowing, because in the end, society gets to them too often and it's just too much of a spirit crusher to watch it happen.
You know, i'd just like to make one tiny alteration in your description of kids today- change "selfish" to "greedy entitlement minded." Why? It's in my experience growing up- I used to be one of those naive little kids told to be generous and nice and always consider other people's feelings first, so this then lead to nothing but abuse by others of me, getting all my stuff from me just by asking until I had nothing left or felt guilty for keeping my own last half a sandwhich because somebody else wanted it. In the end, I had to learn I had the right to my own stuff and no matter how polightly they may ask, other's don't have the first claim on your stuff just because they want it. Nobody cared if I had lunch, they just wanted my lunch and thought that their want of it gave them the right to it. Seriously, you tell them "no, it's my food." And they call you a selfish little snot. Selfish-yeah, you have a right to your own stuff. Greedy entitlement- now that is the problem though, they think they have a right to what ISN'T theirs too.

bluecherry


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:56 pm


bluecherry
We need more Angelicas on TV, tell it like it is people. (rugrats)
While not all kids are brats, like you said, most of them are now days thanks to a crapy environment they're coming from, composed of bad: parents, media, and local communities. They have things instilled in from birth so they grow up to be low quality individuals who perpetuate the trend all over again. Kids disapoint me so much. I've stopped looking around for promising ones to hope they'll grow up to be individuals worth knowing, because in the end, society gets to them too often and it's just too much of a spirit crusher to watch it happen.
You know, i'd just like to make one tiny alteration in your description of kids today- change "selfish" to "greedy entitlement minded." Why? It's in my experience growing up- I used to be one of those naive little kids told to be generous and nice and always consider other people's feelings first, so this then lead to nothing but abuse by others of me, getting all my stuff from me just by asking until I had nothing left or felt guilty for keeping my own last half a sandwhich because somebody else wanted it. In the end, I had to learn I had the right to my own stuff and no matter how polightly they may ask, other's don't have the first claim on your stuff just because they want it. Nobody cared if I had lunch, they just wanted my lunch and thought that their want of it gave them the right to it. Seriously, you tell them "no, it's my food." And they call you a selfish little snot. Selfish-yeah, you have a right to your own stuff. Greedy entitlement- now that is the problem though, they think they have a right to what ISN'T theirs too.
Yeah she was a pretty big b***h.. evil an manipulative... but parents rarely pay attention to the TV their kids watch.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:21 am


yeah, so we need some of them on shows THEY watch too wink

bluecherry


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:16 am


bluecherry
yeah, so we need some of them on shows THEY watch too wink
Well shows they watch rarely contain any kids..... but we could throw some in there.... just as the couple is getting ready to the kid BURSTS in "I WANNA PONY" and won't leave until you pay attention to her... whee It would be SOOO sweet... and the parents have to spend all their money on the kid if they don't want public humiliation... that sort of thing? Show parents the truth...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:04 pm


Yes. That's exactly what we need more. Get the truth out there! mad

bluecherry


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:37 am


To bad the truth is not ever going to be out there.... or or even better in those dumb commericals that show families with their little kids on vacation.. they should show what happen when you have a teenager on one of those vacations... whee like the kid is REALLY high... or getting pulled out of jail... or or... ummm.... attempting to reproduce whee
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:42 am


bluecherry
We need more Angelicas on TV, tell it like it is people. (rugrats)
While not all kids are brats, like you said, most of them are now days thanks to a crapy environment they're coming from, composed of bad: parents, media, and local communities. They have things instilled in from birth so they grow up to be low quality individuals who perpetuate the trend all over again. Kids disapoint me so much. I've stopped looking around for promising ones to hope they'll grow up to be individuals worth knowing, because in the end, society gets to them too often and it's just too much of a spirit crusher to watch it happen.
You know, i'd just like to make one tiny alteration in your description of kids today- change "selfish" to "greedy entitlement minded." Why? It's in my experience growing up- I used to be one of those naive little kids told to be generous and nice and always consider other people's feelings first, so this then lead to nothing but abuse by others of me, getting all my stuff from me just by asking until I had nothing left or felt guilty for keeping my own last half a sandwhich because somebody else wanted it. In the end, I had to learn I had the right to my own stuff and no matter how polightly they may ask, other's don't have the first claim on your stuff just because they want it. Nobody cared if I had lunch, they just wanted my lunch and thought that their want of it gave them the right to it. Seriously, you tell them "no, it's my food." And they call you a selfish little snot. Selfish-yeah, you have a right to your own stuff. Greedy entitlement- now that is the problem though, they think they have a right to what ISN'T theirs too.

And I thought I was the only one who had that problem when I was growing up. I'm sorry to hear that someone else had to go through it too. sad

As for Hollywood...well, the closest thing you'll find to a negative portrayal of children are those "devil baby" movies. You know, Rosemary's Baby, It's Alive, The Omen, etc. But yeah, no realistic takes on the subject. confused

dorian greybeard


OliviaOblivia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:41 pm


The best baby I've ever seen was from Dinosaurs. I'm sure if he was the firstborn that he would have been an only child. smile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:30 am


OliviaOblivia
The best baby I've ever seen was from Dinosaurs. I'm sure if he was the firstborn that he would have been an only child. smile
xd HOLY CRAP I REMEMBER THAT SHOW xp twas pretty funny. But true if that one was the first born there would have been no more kids after that...

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


OliviaOblivia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:26 am


XenoReiji
OliviaOblivia
The best baby I've ever seen was from Dinosaurs. I'm sure if he was the firstborn that he would have been an only child. smile
xd HOLY CRAP I REMEMBER THAT SHOW xp twas pretty funny. But true if that one was the first born there would have been no more kids after that...


Yeah, that was a good show. I was just reminded of it the other day in my sister's room. She's got a few of the tapes lying around. smile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:46 pm


OliviaOblivia
XenoReiji
OliviaOblivia
The best baby I've ever seen was from Dinosaurs. I'm sure if he was the firstborn that he would have been an only child. smile
xd HOLY CRAP I REMEMBER THAT SHOW xp twas pretty funny. But true if that one was the first born there would have been no more kids after that...


Yeah, that was a good show. I was just reminded of it the other day in my sister's room. She's got a few of the tapes lying around. smile
Actually I think I saw the DVD box set lying around Wal-mart xp I thought about getting it... but while it was a good show it was not one of my favorites.

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


bluecherry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 am


Oh yeah! Dinosaurs! it's been forever! I remeber that.......
Soulwreckage
bluecherry
We need more Angelicas on TV, tell it like it is people. (rugrats)
While not all kids are brats, like you said, most of them are now days thanks to a crapy environment they're coming from, composed of bad: parents, media, and local communities. They have things instilled in from birth so they grow up to be low quality individuals who perpetuate the trend all over again. Kids disapoint me so much. I've stopped looking around for promising ones to hope they'll grow up to be individuals worth knowing, because in the end, society gets to them too often and it's just too much of a spirit crusher to watch it happen.
You know, i'd just like to make one tiny alteration in your description of kids today- change "selfish" to "greedy entitlement minded." Why? It's in my experience growing up- I used to be one of those naive little kids told to be generous and nice and always consider other people's feelings first, so this then lead to nothing but abuse by others of me, getting all my stuff from me just by asking until I had nothing left or felt guilty for keeping my own last half a sandwhich because somebody else wanted it. In the end, I had to learn I had the right to my own stuff and no matter how polightly they may ask, other's don't have the first claim on your stuff just because they want it. Nobody cared if I had lunch, they just wanted my lunch and thought that their want of it gave them the right to it. Seriously, you tell them "no, it's my food." And they call you a selfish little snot. Selfish-yeah, you have a right to your own stuff. Greedy entitlement- now that is the problem though, they think they have a right to what ISN'T theirs too.

And I thought I was the only one who had that problem when I was growing up. I'm sorry to hear that someone else had to go through it too. sad

As for Hollywood...well, the closest thing you'll find to a negative portrayal of children are those "devil baby" movies. You know, Rosemary's Baby, It's Alive, The Omen, etc. But yeah, no realistic takes on the subject. confused

you too huh? they need rehabilitation for the poor saps like us who have been brainwashed like that and gone through this kind of stuff before we all end up bitter old hermits. xd It should involve juice and cookies and a nap time and nobody giving anybody else their juice and cookies, it's all yours....I sound like I'm four. "I want rehab that involves juice and cookies and nap time crying "
And yes, as satisfying as it may be too see such an extreme evil version, the lack of realism does indeed undercut any possable message getting through.
Reply
The Childfree Guild

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//