Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
o.o +50 respect points! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dorian greybeard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:46 am


So, I'm sitting here listening to the radio at 6:30am, because I can't sleep. I'm not usually up this early, so I don't ever really get a chance to listen to the daytime talk show on the station I like.

Anyway, today the conversation meandered back and forth, and eventually ended up on the subject of pregnant women. And one of the hosts, I swear gave the exact same response that I would have!

Awesome host: "To be honest, the whole idea scares the hell out of me. Because you've got a parasite--"
Female host: "Oh come on!"
Other male host: "It's not a parasite; it's a baby!"
Me: rolleyes
Awesome host: No, just listen. You've got something growing inside of a person, feeding off of them, and at the end, it forces its way out of their body. It's frightening."

My respect for this man has skyrocketed. To actually have the guts to go on live radio and openly state your opinion about this sort of thing is very admirable in my book. 3nodding

Anyone else run across any pleasant surprises like this? ^^
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:35 am


crying What a proud day it is.... to bad moments like those are rare at best. I was thinking if I could get onto the campus radio station I MIGHT be able to do something like that... but alas I cannot ever get into the class.... Oh well... one day... one day it will happen properly.

But taht is TOTALLY awesome.

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


Brandon Yamata
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:03 am


If I lived in your area I'd ask you what station it is. But no, I've never really run into anything like this. Television and radio have both disgusted me to the point where I rarely watch or listen to either.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:42 pm


oh that guy is the best! That's how I've always seen pregnancy too. SOO creepy. *shudders*

bluecherry


Cooking Mama!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:47 am


Whoever that guy is, he totally gets my respect. That's exactly how I feel about pregnancy, too. Only I think it is more like a cancer, and instead of just removing it, you have to take care of it for 20 years after it's out. eek Ick.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:39 am


if it's like an alien parasite though, those things usually kill you when they come out in movies, and you're effectively dead (socialy dead for sure) as soon as that parasite comes out of a pregnant lady too.

bluecherry


Cooking Mama!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:30 pm


bluecherry
if it's like an alien parasite though, those things usually kill you when they come out in movies, and you're effectively dead (socialy dead for sure) as soon as that parasite comes out of a pregnant lady too.


Have you ever seen Species 2? Or maybe it was 3...? Anyway, the women in the movie, like, instantly become pregnant, when I saw it, I almost puked, for real. cry
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:45 pm


oh I think I might have gonk

bluecherry


dorian greybeard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:55 pm


SpicyMustard
bluecherry
if it's like an alien parasite though, those things usually kill you when they come out in movies, and you're effectively dead (socialy dead for sure) as soon as that parasite comes out of a pregnant lady too.


Have you ever seen Species 2? Or maybe it was 3...? Anyway, the women in the movie, like, instantly become pregnant, when I saw it, I almost puked, for real. cry

*Shudders* I knew there was a reason why I never wanted to see those movies. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:01 pm


Pregnancy sort of makes me think of the movie Alien. Minus the acid spit. Though baby spit is nasty stuff. gonk

You should send the guy fan mail. Saying how he's our hero now.

Soppon
Crew

Hilarious Flatterer


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:31 am


Ahhh yes species... the horror movie about aliens trying to destroy the world.... lucky for me I never saw those movies.

And what was it Aliens Ressuration? The Aliens movie where one of the queens got a womb and could reproduce sexually? I just remember seeing it... it is weird.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:13 am


I only saw the first two Alien movies 'cause the last two are supposed to suck. xd

Soppon
Crew

Hilarious Flatterer


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:59 pm


Soppon
I only saw the first two Alien movies 'cause the last two are supposed to suck. xd
I think if you combine all the bits and peices of aliens movies that I have seen I have see ONE total.... I have never seen an Aliens over all the way through. Just a beginning here an ending there and a bunch of middle crap.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:05 am


That's awesome! If I was in the same room as that guy, I would totally go up and give him a hug. Someone finally got it right!
Of course, my mom always says one of the most rewarding things about pregnancy is feeling life inside of you. EW. That's just majorly creepy, not rewarding. If I want to feel life inside of me, I want it to by my own. You know, my own heartbeat, my stomach grumbling when it's hungry, stuff like that. Because it belongs to ME. D: The last thing I want to feel is some midget kicking at my insides at random points of the day.

I had a similar experience to you when I recently went to get a haircut. My mom, the hairdresser, and I got on the conversation of spawning and making babies.
What the hairdresser said really boosted my respect for her. She said, "Well, I have three kids, and though I love them, and they're all grown up by now, if I had the choice to do things again, I probably wouldn't have them."
Hell YES. Someone give this woman a dollar.

Jaxaelin


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:55 pm


Jaxaelin
That's awesome! If I was in the same room as that guy, I would totally go up and give him a hug. Someone finally got it right!
Of course, my mom always says one of the most rewarding things about pregnancy is feeling life inside of you. EW. That's just majorly creepy, not rewarding. If I want to feel life inside of me, I want it to by my own. You know, my own heartbeat, my stomach grumbling when it's hungry, stuff like that. Because it belongs to ME. D: The last thing I want to feel is some midget kicking at my insides at random points of the day.

I had a similar experience to you when I recently went to get a haircut. My mom, the hairdresser, and I got on the conversation of spawning and making babies.
What the hairdresser said really boosted my respect for her. She said, "Well, I have three kids, and though I love them, and they're all grown up by now, if I had the choice to do things again, I probably wouldn't have them."
Hell YES. Someone give this woman a dollar.
COOL!!!! At least someone admits it.... I would give her a hundred if I had one.... lucky for me my mom is waiting to say "I told you so" so no conversations or arguements with me.
Reply
The Childfree Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//