Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
Childfree books Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

234518

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:51 pm


I saw an interview with comedian Adrienne Frost recently, in which she discussed her new book "I Hate Other People's Kids." I have yet to read it myself, but it does look rather interesting. You can check it out right here at amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1416909885/sr=8-1/qid=1144986140/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9308560-7308006?_encoding=UTF8

There also happen to be lots of books about being childfree available from amazon that look promising.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:24 am


Yeah it does look interesting.... maybe I shall have my Grandma buy it for me for my birthday.

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


bluecherry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:30 pm


she was on some news chanel talking about the book one day. My dad heard saw it and I came down stairs for dinner in the middle of him throwing a fit over it like he was being personaly attacked rolleyes
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:41 pm


I actually have that book, and I will say, it's pretty funny and mostly true. I especially like the "How to Deal" section.

Indigo Dagger


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:35 am


Indigo Dagger
I actually have that book, and I will say, it's pretty funny and mostly true. I especially like the "How to Deal" section.
COOL NOW I HAVE TO GET THAT BOOK!!!!

They have lots of other intersting childfree books on Amazon... the problem is that most are geared towards women sweatdrop they sound interesting but I don't think I could relate to them all that well.
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:40 am


XenoReiji
Indigo Dagger
I actually have that book, and I will say, it's pretty funny and mostly true. I especially like the "How to Deal" section.
COOL NOW I HAVE TO GET THAT BOOK!!!!

They have lots of other intersting childfree books on Amazon... the problem is that most are geared towards women sweatdrop they sound interesting but I don't think I could relate to them all that well.
Yeah, it's little different being a man and child free. Sometimes when I say I'm child free I get accused of being sexist for some reason. Though what not liking kids has to do with being sexist I have no idea.

Brandon Yamata
Captain


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:34 am


Brandon Yamata
XenoReiji
Indigo Dagger
I actually have that book, and I will say, it's pretty funny and mostly true. I especially like the "How to Deal" section.
COOL NOW I HAVE TO GET THAT BOOK!!!!

They have lots of other intersting childfree books on Amazon... the problem is that most are geared towards women sweatdrop they sound interesting but I don't think I could relate to them all that well.
Yeah, it's little different being a man and child free. Sometimes when I say I'm child free I get accused of being sexist for some reason. Though what not liking kids has to do with being sexist I have no idea.
Really? That is weird... but I can understand the books being mostly about females though. When people think of kids they often associate a female. The male in the relationship is not always seen. You know what with the fact that males don't do the birthing or breast feeding... the intimate sentimental crap they associate with child rearing.
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:43 pm


sexist? what the? those are totaly unrelated issues. Have you been talking to little kids who like to use big words they don't understand about this now have you? Naturaly, they'd feel a bit provoked, and fun as doing that may be, you'll get no good conversation out of it. (lol, I'm kidding ofcourse. xp )

bluecherry


haru in a can

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:22 am


Sexist? ...Weird. o.o
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:27 am


XD speaking of books, well it's more of a pamphlet, but everyone here should read A Modest Perposal by Johnathen Swift. 3nodding

Brandon Yamata
Captain


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:44 pm


bluecherry
sexist? what the? those are totaly unrelated issues. Have you been talking to little kids who like to use big words they don't understand about this now have you? Naturaly, they'd feel a bit provoked, and fun as doing that may be, you'll get no good conversation out of it. (lol, I'm kidding ofcourse. xp )
Huh... no.... but ummm if you read the descriptions of teh books on amazon they often times talk strictly about what happens to a woman...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:48 am


Brandon Yamata
XD speaking of books, well it's more of a pamphlet, but everyone here should read A Modest Perposal by Johnathen Swift. 3nodding

oh! we did in English class a little before the end of the year. rofl It's great. I loved when we first started and I suddenly interupted-"THAT'S where the eating babies joke originated!"

They do need more male oriented child free stuff though. I think they tend to lean towards female childfree more because the guy has an easier time running from acidental pregnancies then women, but that's no reason to neglect the men.

bluecherry


The_Thread _Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:11 pm


Holy crap that "I Hate Other People's Kids" book is awesome! It actually made me lol.

So far, my favorite section goes like this:

"Kids who, with no encouragement, bond to you like a parasite- They are rubber and you are glue, and they'll never leave you alone. Probably it's because you're the coolest one in the room, or, no doubt, you're infinitely cooler than their parents. Like little bathroom attendants, they're always waiting outside the loo when you're done. If you're flirting with a hot prospect. they are there, asking if you'll get them a juice. When you're ready to go, you find them hiding in your coat, trying to hitch a ride. And suddenly herpes isn't looking so bad after all. It seems better to have a blister on your privates for the rest of your life than a child latching on to you at a party. At least there's a cream for herpes."

rofl I hate those kinds of kids..they're drawn to me for some reason.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:14 pm


The_Thread _Reaper
Holy crap that "I Hate Other People's Kids" book is awesome! It actually made me lol.

So far, my favorite section goes like this:

"Kids who, with no encouragement, bond to you like a parasite- They are rubber and you are glue, and they'll never leave you alone. Probably it's because you're the coolest one in the room, or, no doubt, you're infinitely cooler than their parents. Like little bathroom attendants, they're always waiting outside the loo when you're done. If you're flirting with a hot prospect. they are there, asking if you'll get them a juice. When you're ready to go, you find them hiding in your coat, trying to hitch a ride. And suddenly herpes isn't looking so bad after all. It seems better to have a blister on your privates for the rest of your life than a child latching on to you at a party. At least there's a cream for herpes."

rofl I hate those kinds of kids..they're drawn to me for some reason.
My favorite idea presented in that book is "Old people have a right to be bitchy THEY HAVE LIVED" xd

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


bluecherry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:40 am


AHAHA! I've been stuck with those little kids before. and by the time you're 80, it's true, you've just had enough of most people by then xd
Reply
The Childfree Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//