|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:31 pm
((Chii, you can move this if this isn't the right fourm.))
So, I figure why not take a topic and create long arguments and discussions. Something deep and interesting.
I'll post in the morning when I think of something...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:46 pm
We can all discuss the complex workings of a crazy person's brain. I volunteer to be the crazy person.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:12 am
You're not crazy. You're stupidly smart. We should talk about how stupid my brother is. The only thing is that Kami-nii hasn't met him yet.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:37 am
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:28 pm
My discussions only go about as deep as why deviled eggs are the best part of Easter, and trying to defend my religion from certain people during gym class...XD. Yeah, not much going on in my head...oh, and I could discuss about the Harry Potter books for hours, but that's just cause I'm a loser and you wouldn't want to get me going...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:54 pm
But disscussing religion is so much fun!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:14 am
iceskater But disscussing religion is so much fun! I love bashing discussing religion.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:58 pm
TripJump iceskater But disscussing religion is so much fun! I love bashing discussing religion. *crosses herself and prays for your salvation*
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Chisato-chan Vice Captain
|
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:01 pm
Fastest way to lose friends: discussing religion and politics.
Buuut, here's my idea for discussion: What is the ideal society? (What is it like? Is everyone equal? If not, who's on the top of the political hierarchery?)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:16 pm
Chisato-chan Fastest way to lose friends: discussing religion and politics.
Buuut, here's my idea for discussion: What is the ideal society? (What is it like? Is everyone equal? If not, who's on the top of the political hierarchery?) I think that intelligence should determine your social status.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:39 pm
I think an ideal society would be everyone being equal. Everyone would work the same amount, be paid the same, ect. What I have just described is communism, and I must say from everything I know, despite how wonderful it sounds, it's a horrible society. Plato had said something about community living that made me think of communism, so I began thinking for a while about it. I guess an ideal society would be one where this system worked. Humans are flawed though. For this to work we need to think of the ideal person.
I'm happy with a democracy though. I would like it better without all the representives and if there was only the president and senate and the higher-ups like that, but I'm strange like that. (and I am aware if it was like that, the system would fall apart.)
To Trip: So, you're saying that intelligence is the only main factor needed to determine who should govern us? Why is that? How would intelligence be determined? If grades from school were used, that's rather pointless. That's more determining who can remember (generally) useless facts and spit them back. And concering social status, would it be rigid like the caste system in Hinduism (you can have these jobs, marry these people, you cannot move up, ect.) or looser like the social system at school (people know who is who, but normally, it doesn't matter)?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:42 pm
this is all way over my head... @ chi - but you all still love me...XD
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:45 am
Lovely Pirate Kami To Trip: So, you're saying that intelligence is the only main factor needed to determine who should govern us? Why is that? How would intelligence be determined? If grades from school were used, that's rather pointless. That's more determining who can remember (generally) useless facts and spit them back. And concering social status, would it be rigid like the caste system in Hinduism (you can have these jobs, marry these people, you cannot move up, ect.) or looser like the social system at school (people know who is who, but normally, it doesn't matter)? My definition of intelligence is more like common sense then the grades they give in school. I do agree that the grades that are given in school don't actually measure how smart you are. I just have a really good memory.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:48 am
next fastest way to lose friends: dicussing intelligence and grades And that makes you special? I have a good memory for nonsense. one thing I remember from last year social..."speak softly and carry a big stick" and, oh, that guy casey, like that guy, you know...and I will always remember from seventh grade this: "the fundamental Orders of Connecticut!!!" Them were the first constitution in the colonies. But besides that, I'm not like an idiot. You think you're so smart...but I just don't show off about it. (me ranting, I luvs to rant, sorry about this...you can only blame yourselves for getting me started...you can attempt to follow my train of thought, but I go topic to topic despite the fact that they may only have a little bit to do wtih eachother...) I'll have you peoples know my final average in science was a 99 in seventh grade. Was the highest on the red team. I had a 99 on the final, and a 100 for the other quarters. And I was number 20 on the top 20 in middle school. That's me, at the bottom of the top. but it doesn't change the fact my average was a 98.6 for most of the year, with a 100 in at least 4 subjects at a time. I don't boast about my average, so most people don't know and then kids like Chris Hoffmann were all "Oh what was your grade, I got this..." And I'd tell them my grade and they'd go "Oh" and walk away. I used to love the look he'd get on his face when I'd beat him every quarter. I hated people like that. I still do. just cause you're uber smart in stuff doesn't mean you can be all "Oh, I'm sooo smart." That bugs me. I mean how messed up is your self confidence if you've got to boost it by thinking "well at least I'm smarter than that person" What the hell?! (and you people know I don't often say that) That really bothers me and then you get me freaking out at people during science cause they are all "well you're wrong" And I'm all I don't care, just tell me why you're right, And he was all, well cause you're wrong and tells me why I'm wrong rather than why his is right, and then he was wrong any way, it was another answer anyway. but the fact is, I knew mine was wrong. from the moment I wrote it down. Did he need to tell me why? No. I knew why but I didn't get how his answer was right and all he could do is tell things I already knew so I yelled at him. And I think Mrs. Tomaselli wonders about my sanity...Since then, and then when I was going insane in the media center and was all "I'm gonna die" and she goes "do you want to go to the nurse?" then was all, "well if you're just being silly..." I hate people who think they are better than other people, and in an ideal society anyone who ticks me off would "woosh" and be placed on an island far away instantaneously. Then I'd be free of the self-obsessed idiots who think they're better than everyone else. Is that not the way it should be? You people hit on a topic that I could rant on for hours...And I'm not on anything in case your wondering. I just like to blow things out of proportion. this is all entirely irrelevent to anything ever, but I like to rant so there you go. that's what you get for speaking of "smartness" around me: showing off and scorning. a combination granted by slightly smart people, when they feel like it. Braden you only see me in Global so don't judge me on that. I don't like being jugded. And I know I'm taking all of this way too personally and this entire rant is completely off the mark, and really didn't have to do anything to do with what was said before, but oh well. deal with it. If you made it to the bottom without thinking I'm totally crazy, yay for you. and if you even made it this far at all without skimming I'm surprised. usually people go "okay angela, breathe..." and don't really listen but nod every now and then...again, sorry about this, You people wanted heated discussions so there you go.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:19 pm
Can I have a summary because I'm too lazy to read all that.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|