|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:34 pm
I'm starting to hate very young children in public places now.
The other day my dad took me ice skating. Every time we go there, the place is crawling with young children. They get in the way, and worse, they have those stupid walker things that don't teach them how to skate and slow everyone down. But I'm used to this, so I just went about my buisness. A while later, I decided to try and practice some simple twirls, since I've never done them before. So, I go to a quieter corner of the rink, start to turn halfway, and this little bugger zips right behind me, forcing me to stop and lose my balance. So, I decide to go to the center, where there's a ring enclosed by traffic cones for figure skaters. I start to practice again, and as I finish a turn, these two kids are waddling through the center of the ring, with no regard to anyone else. Then, another one is playing with the snow and making circles while kneeling, in the center figure skating area. Come on! I mean, control your kids, people! They're only like, four, or something, so why are you letting them wander around the rink unattended? Oh, and when I was trying to take a break on the wall, these beginners who don't grasp the concept that hanging on to the wall won't teach them how to skate will creep along, and actually reach OVER you to get to the other side of the wall. The only kids who didn't annoy me were the little figure skaters (who've been skating as long as they could stand) , the ones who hang out in the middle area and do all these awesome spins and such. (One little boy stuck out in my mind, he was so cute.) So, in short, toddlers + skating rink = BAD.
Has anyone else had their public experiences ruined by children and their crappy parents? I know I can't be the only one.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:53 pm
I always hate going shopping or to other public places because I always see bad parents and annoying young children. Here are a few of the things I've seen:
- A parent talking on her cellphone while ignoring her child - A parent ignoring her child in a store while the child kept asking for her mother to pay attention - A parents blocking an entire store asile with a stoller (and it was my favourite store, too) - Kids standing about two or three inches away from me on an escalator (I could barely stand that since I'm not really a people person) - A parent reading very loudly at a book store and blocking part of the shelf with a large, open book - A parent blocking a section with her cart while not paying any attention to her child - Screaming children during a laser light show, although I do have to give credit to the parents because they took their children out of the dome. - Young kids running all over the World of Science and being extremely obnoxious
I don't think I can go back to the World of Science unless it's a weekday and children are in school. Even my mom, who told me to be quiet when I said the young children were annoying, agreed with me at the end of the day.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:09 pm
oh i've had that problem at the ice skating rink too, and the roller skating rink. I also cant STAND the crying spawns at the movies when they're "scared" watching a PG13 or maybe even R rated movie that their parents took them to see.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
xd This is like a thread I made... the thread is in the guild it is called Pushing Children
You know you could always be mean and Spray the kids while stopping. But I guess that is MUCH harder to do on skates... 3nodding Tis a breeze on skis though because if you know what you are doing on skis you can spray the snow up the mountain while.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:27 pm
XenoReiji xd This is like a thread I made... the thread is in the guild it is called Pushing Children
You know you could always be mean and Spray the kids while stopping. But I guess that is MUCH harder to do on skates... 3nodding Tis a breeze on skis though because if you know what you are doing on skis you can spray the snow up the mountain while. XD Yeah, that would work, except I can't stop. Well, I can, but that either entails not moving and waiting for me to slow down, or slamming into the wall. I'm a bit inept at skating, unfortunatley.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:55 pm
Jaxaelin XenoReiji xd This is like a thread I made... the thread is in the guild it is called Pushing Children
You know you could always be mean and Spray the kids while stopping. But I guess that is MUCH harder to do on skates... 3nodding Tis a breeze on skis though because if you know what you are doing on skis you can spray the snow up the mountain while. XD Yeah, that would work, except I can't stop. Well, I can, but that either entails not moving and waiting for me to slow down, or slamming into the wall. I'm a bit inept at skating, unfortunatley. Yeah stopping is my problem spot too... normally I can get some kids imitating me as I SLAM into the wall. It is funny because their parents don't understand where they go the idea from until they see me doing it. xd
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:32 pm
Yah, the only way I can stop on skates is if I hit the wall or let the minimal ammount of friction take its course.
Darter's are the worst though. I hate children that will just jump in front of you weather it be walking or skating. Some day I'm going to trample some little s**t and they and the parent are going to learn a very valuable lesson. I scare the s**t out of people when I get angry because I'm usually so kind and polite. rofl
Whenever I go to a restaurant with friends I get stuck by the table with the wailing infant.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:15 am
Soppon Yah, the only way I can stop on skates is if I hit the wall or let the minimal ammount of friction take its course.
Darter's are the worst though. I hate children that will just jump in front of you weather it be walking or skating. Some day I'm going to trample some little s**t and they and the parent are going to learn a very valuable lesson. I scare the s**t out of people when I get angry because I'm usually so kind and polite. rofl
Whenever I go to a restaurant with friends I get stuck by the table with the wailing infant. Yes the wall does in fact make very fine breaks.
Yes you will trample the crotch dropping.... but the parent will yell at you for not watching where you are going... because parents are stupid like that.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|