|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:47 am
Okay so I was watching this show, Mya and Miguel that is for kids around 4th grade. (this is what I get for not having cable. And I'm not just making excuses, chi ) the theme song is catchy but the actual show kinda sucks. What happened to the amazing shows they used to have on? Like the Magic School Bus. that was a good show. Now you turn on the TV and get things like The DoodleBops which is about randomly colored people who sing. Badly. The only show on from my childhood is Arthur. (which I watch everyday after school at 4:30...don't mock me! ) So come and rant about the ridiculous little kid shows on TV now, or ones you remember from your past. Just curious if I'm the only loser who thinks of things like this...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:09 pm
Little kid's shows have gone downhill since Nickoloden decided to come out with Blue's Clues. It gave way for those 'interactive shows'. You know them, the kids talk to the T.V. What in the heck?! XD Way back in the day, I watched Arthur and The Magic School Bus. *shrugs* I have seen Mya and Miguel and it frightens me.
Now, Disney movies were and always will be great.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:39 pm
I haven't watched a Disney movie in ages. Something about random people who liked bowling or something...And yes, Mya and Miguel is frightening. They really try so hard to make up shows little kids will watch and you get scary things like that as the result. you should see the doodle Bops...now that is easily one of the scariest things on TV. Chii could tell you that...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:26 pm
I've seen it before. I watched it after Chii told me to, in fact. She said, and I quote, "There's this orange guy named Moe and he's like a JRocker on crack. the DoodleBops, Kami-chan, DoodleBops. Watch it." So, shrugging I watched it and laughed the whole show. I liked the random kids talking about a rope.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Chisato-chan Vice Captain
|
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:09 pm
I saw Mya and Miguel was on TV the other day and I thought of you, Ange. I was going to turn it on in hopes of catching the theme song, but at the last moment decided against it. XD When I was younger I'm watched this one show about this yellow frog thing... I think it was called Gulla Gulla's Island. And then there was Alegra's World. I don't remember either to well... I watched the Rugrats all the time and occasionally still will. And then there was Hey Arnold! That show was just... *shakes head* But the one character, Curly, was great. There was a Carmen episode and a Romeo and Juliet episode. Both were pretty funny if you know the original stories. Another thing though that I think makes the show less annoying is ignoring the fact that they were fourth graders. XD
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:12 pm
yes, the random kids are great...Arthur is supposedly in 4th grade too...I remember The frog thing actually but couldn't for the life of me tell you what it was about...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:09 am
I used to watch 'The Big Comfy Couch' with this really scary clown lady. She used to do this thing where she acted like a clock and randomly rotated her arms and legs like a clock. And then there was that 30 second clean up, where she'd clean this entire room, that take any normal person a whole day to clean, and clean it as she pretended to be a clock again.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:22 pm
Ah yes, I remember that one...that was messed up and left me scarred for life...(explains a lot doesn't it? XD )
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:13 am
Yura23 I used to watch 'The Big Comfy Couch' with this really scary clown lady. She used to do this thing where she acted like a clock and randomly rotated her arms and legs like a clock. And then there was that 30 second clean up, where she'd clean this entire room, that take any normal person a whole day to clean, and clean it as she pretended to be a clock again. Isn't that the scary show with that doll thing?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:31 am
TripJump Yura23 I used to watch 'The Big Comfy Couch' with this really scary clown lady. She used to do this thing where she acted like a clock and randomly rotated her arms and legs like a clock. And then there was that 30 second clean up, where she'd clean this entire room, that take any normal person a whole day to clean, and clean it as she pretended to be a clock again. Isn't that the scary show with that doll thing? Yep. She friggen molests it. o__o;
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:32 am
Yura23 TripJump Yura23 I used to watch 'The Big Comfy Couch' with this really scary clown lady. She used to do this thing where she acted like a clock and randomly rotated her arms and legs like a clock. And then there was that 30 second clean up, where she'd clean this entire room, that take any normal person a whole day to clean, and clean it as she pretended to be a clock again. Isn't that the scary show with that doll thing? Yep. She friggen molests it. o__o; I seem to have missed that part.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:43 am
Have you guys ever watched the end of Sesame Street? Oscar starts to read to his worm Slimy about Trash Gordon and its rather creepy. If thats ever on, watch it. Quality TV right there!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:39 pm
actually was watching that today for like two seconds...that show always scared me.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:41 am
Capt. George Have you guys ever watched the end of Sesame Street? Oscar starts to read to his worm Slimy about Trash Gordon and its rather creepy. If thats ever on, watch it. Quality TV right there! I never watched Sesame Street as a little kid. It always scared me.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:58 am
Yet another terrifying show: Thomas the Tank Engine. That show scares the crap out of me and my nephew watches it alot..."Thomas, You have caused confusion and delay, You are not a useful engine..." ect. ect.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|