Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
people assume we are going to have kids Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freebird4077

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:25 pm


I was in speech class, and some girl gave a speech about reading to children. It went like this: "How many of you read to your kids? I know some of you don't have kids, but you will someday." That last sentence made me so mad. I hate it when people assume we are going to have kids. Wouldn't it be better if they ask us if we are going to have kids?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:06 pm


Yeah, it really sucks being a young adult and saying you don't want kids.... mainly because no one believes you.

You could have made a big scence... I might have been tempted to.... I would have explained how her sentence upset me because she just assumes that I am going to make a mistake like that.

I really hate people who don't choose their wording correctly... was that sentence at the beginning of the speech? Cause if it was I would have been very rude and made it blantently obvious I was ignoring her..... but then again I sit in the front row of all my classes.

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


S. Shark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:19 pm


Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!

You did a speech on abortion, didn't you (as posted in the pro-choice guild, yay pro-choice!)? You should've said, or next time you should say:

"How many abortions have you all had? I know some of you haven't an abortion, but you or your girlfriend or wife will some day. biggrin "
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:39 pm


sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!

You did a speech on abortion, didn't you (as posted in the pro-choice guild, yay pro-choice!)? You should've said, or next time you should say:

"How many abortions have you all had? I know some of you haven't an abortion, but you or your girlfriend or wife will some day. biggrin "
Wow... that is asking for a LOT of trouble... blaugh I should definitly do that next time I give a speech to the boy scouts.

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


Brandon Yamata
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:50 pm


xd I was a hellion in high school. No one wanted me to reproduce except my mom, so she was the only one who assumed I'd be having kids. and I guess my dad did too. When he cared enough to even think about me at all.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:49 am


oh wow, I know I sure would have interupted that speach. I do that to people during reports all the time when assumptions like that come up. People hate seeing my hand go up during reports as a 20 minute discussion usualy ensues.

bluecherry


Freebird4077

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:02 pm


I was tempted to interupt and say "Not me"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:04 pm


sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!
I'm in college. Some of the students there are parents.

Freebird4077

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:34 pm


Mysterytrip
sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!
I'm in college. Some of the students there are parents.
Oh, I was going off the date in your profile. Some people are still in high school at eighteen or nineteen, and some highschools have speech classes, so I figured... xd Sorry.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 am


That happened to me twice this school year alone. The first time was a speaker who said that we were all going to have children some day even if we didn't think so. The second time the speaker said he never imagined he'd have kids and that we'll have them one day, too. I don't even know why they brought it up since it has nothing to do with the presentation except that they mentioned their own children, but it put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day. I was tempted to say something, but there were two or three teachers in the room and I would have definitely been thrown out.

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm


Mysterytrip
sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!
I'm in college. Some of the students there are parents.
God I hate college parents... especially when they are like 22 or 23... cause they WORSHIP their kids.... you so much as give them a hint that you hate kids they will get VIOLENT.... they don't even listen to reason....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:24 pm


XenoReiji
Mysterytrip
sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!
I'm in college. Some of the students there are parents.
God I hate college parents... especially when they are like 22 or 23... cause they WORSHIP their kids.... you so much as give them a hint that you hate kids they will get VIOLENT.... they don't even listen to reason....
Great. Now I'm afraid to go to college, too. My mother lied, she said it'd be better there. ;__;

S. Shark


La Sabre

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:45 pm


XenoReiji
Mysterytrip
sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!
I'm in college. Some of the students there are parents.
God I hate college parents... especially when they are like 22 or 23... cause they WORSHIP their kids.... you so much as give them a hint that you hate kids they will get VIOLENT.... they don't even listen to reason....

This one girl brought her sprog kid to Art appreciation once. mad

I was kind of glad that we were talking about Indian art and some of the reliefs on the temples are of people doing stuff from the Karma Sutra. xd
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:51 pm


sybex Shark
XenoReiji
Mysterytrip
sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!
I'm in college. Some of the students there are parents.
God I hate college parents... especially when they are like 22 or 23... cause they WORSHIP their kids.... you so much as give them a hint that you hate kids they will get VIOLENT.... they don't even listen to reason....
Great. Now I'm afraid to go to college, too. My mother lied, she said it'd be better there. ;__;
It is still good... just avoid the parents... and don't say "Could you please keep your spawn off me" to them when their kid is like clinging to you...

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:52 pm


sabre_the_bogle
XenoReiji
Mysterytrip
sybex Shark
Just the first sentence she spoke is nasty. If you're, what, 17 to 19? "I know some of you don't have kids"? MOST of them shouldn't!
I'm in college. Some of the students there are parents.
God I hate college parents... especially when they are like 22 or 23... cause they WORSHIP their kids.... you so much as give them a hint that you hate kids they will get VIOLENT.... they don't even listen to reason....

This one girl brought her sprog kid to Art appreciation once. mad

I was kind of glad that we were talking about Indian art and some of the reliefs on the temples are of people doing stuff from the Karma Sutra. xd
COOOLLL!!! What a better way to mess with a parent then to talk about when people are doing in the Karma Sutra.
Reply
The Childfree Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//