|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:09 pm
There was no longer any sense in denying what was so evident: in attempting to lie much less to the people around him, Kay was developing a troubling tendency to instead lie to himself. It was if the dishonesty, static in volume, had simply been squeezed out of one channel and into another. So it was that he had denied the odd sick feeling that had come over him when he had received Vivian's text; denied it when it recurred to him again in the tattoo parlor chair when the artist chattily asked if he had any pets; denied it a third time when Kalani had visited. The heaviest denial, however, had come with roaming around his apartment and packing up Ari's things. He had then flopped down into his single chair with his feet propped on the desk, his eyes nominally turned to his TV and seeing nothing. He had, of course, pretended that he did not want to pick her up; had given her his usual abstract and irritated push when she tried to scale the furniture to get into his lap. Was he still afraid of cats? It was hard to say. But he didn't feel afraid of this cat, at least, even if sometimes he still felt a little skin-crawled when she'd puff herself up and jump sideways at nothing. This was to say nothing of her needle claws frantically sticking under the bathroom door in the morning, which likewise gave him a sensation of quiet panic. But fear seemed distant, at least. Whether this was a universal improvement remained to be seen, given that his only other frame of comparison was Creedence, and he had other reasons to want her somewhere other than his presence. The door was, again, propped open and baby gate placed - he'd have to give that over to Vivian too - and the air from this and the screened window was rustling the pages of the abandoned book on the nightstand and rippling the old magazine advertisements pinned all along one wall, contributing a susurrating white noise to the low volume of Anthony Bourdain's voice on the TV, and on her second plaintive cry - alarmingly sad - he relented, reaching down to pick the kitten up off the floor and deposit her onto his shoulder as if he was annoyed that she would want to be there. She was still so small, but compared to the mouse he was more used to having there she felt so large - large, especially, compared to the skinny little thing she'd been when he had found her. "That hurts," he informed her as she began making especially sharp biscuits, but she, as usual, ignored him and attempted to engage him in head butts which he only partially permitted, plagued all the while by a guilty feeling that he ought to be indulging her which he attempted to inwardly counter by saying that by being a cold-hearted a*****e he was, at least, keeping her from getting too attached to him. It was a relief to hear, at last, a car pull up. Better to yank the bandaid off. He listened for the sound of approaching steps - heels, probably - to call out his sunny-seeming "come in," feeling a little ill and looking as cheerful as he ever did.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:22 pm
Back to an address she thankfully saved after the first visit. How fun! She'd never had a kitten before, and when she'd mentioned to her grandparents she might be bringing one home today they were delighted. She hadn't really had time for it before, and to be honest she wasn't sure if she still did, but with both of her grandparents being retired and home all the time now she'd at least have company at nearly all hours of the day and a big house to roam around. Vivian parked the car and stepped out, humming cheerfully as she began stepping up to the apartment. For once she wasn't heeled up, mostly because she didn't want to accidentally step on a potentially under foot curious kitten with a thin heel. No, she had on brown leather ankle boots to go with her fit. Tight black leggings under a bright orange plaid skirt with a Halloween-themed shirt tucked into it, and a cropped black denim jacket. She was covered to protect from tiny baby claws! She was ready! "Hiiiii~" Vivian called out as she climbed carefully over the baby gate. The leg lift was easy enough for her, it was lifting each leg without knocking the gate out of place that was the thing to watch out for. "How are we?" She asked as she settled in the entrance, fixing herself up until she spotted the kitten on Kay's shoulder. She visibly melted at the sight of her, her jaw dropping as she as she gave the tiniest little happy 'awwwww!' squeal. She was so awkward! And cute! And fluffy! Even cuter in person! "Ohmygodcutiepiiiiie!" Vivian put a hand over her mouth so as not to be so loud she'd startle Ari. "How are we with strangers?" She asked while holding up a small bag that appeared to hold something cube-shaped. "I hope it's okay I made you treat. I was inspired by a tiktok I saw of some capybara-shaped mousse cakes, so I tried something similar. It's a mousse mouse!" The package was set down atop the microwave with a smile. Whenever he opened it he would find hand-sized dessert. The mousse was the outside of the cake and had been set in a cute mouse-shaped mold to look cleaner than if she had tried to shape it for the first time herself. Inside was a layer of chocolate cake with chocolate pearls and a small dome of vanilla mousse. Simple flavors for an experimental project.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:42 pm
She was met with airplane ears and very round eyes, but in fairness, it seemed like Ari was that species of kitten that always looked to be recovering from something shocking. Accordingly, she made no fuss when she was handled over for inspection, Kay immediately abandoning her in favor of nosily investigating his loot. “Everyone keeps bringing me sugar,” he said in a tone of obvious delight. “Yesterday it was Dippin Dots. Today's it's - oh my god. It's too cute. I don't wanna eat it. You made this? Holy s**t. That's really cool.” He was not quite so rude as to immediately dig in, and so politely returned it to the bag, turning to see how Ari was reacting to a stranger holding her. Mostly, the same way she would have reacted to he himself holding her, albeit with a little more uncertainty. Again, that stifled inward pang. “Thank you. For the cake, but also - you know - getting her out of my hair.” He hesitated, a little awkwardly, and had the thought to buy time by muting the TV. “Um. I have her stuff but like - if you want a tour. This is the bedroom.” He made a gesture around the area. “And the living room. And the kitchen.” With the exact same gesture. “And that's the bathroom. And if you get lost send up a signal, I'll guide you back to safety.” He sat down in the chair, which was the only chair and left the foot of the bed for Vivian and the cat, if she wanted it. This might have been perceived as inconsiderate, since he forgot to tell her, as he had told Kalani, that sitting in that particular chair was a somewhat dangerous endeavor that required both experience and a firm hand, lest you end up on the floor. This might perhaps be implied by the ginger way that he leaned back in it, though. “Changed your mind yet?” He asked cheerfully, in a tone that implied he knew she couldn't possibly.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:52 pm
Yeah, that was fair. A stranger came in and immediately started making weird noises. Vivian giggled at the sight, and she was very glad to gently accept Ari into her arms, shifting around however the kitten decided she wanted to be held. It was very much in a way that if she felt like she wanted down that Vivian wouldn't force her, but careful enough to support her and keep her comfortable. She was, unsurprisingly, all smiles and delight as she held the cute little creature. Sosoooooooft! "Nan taught me to never visit someone's home empty-handed, so my usual go-to is to bake something. Been ages since I had Dippin Dots." She offered a hand up for Ari to sniff as she stepped further into the room. "It's nothing crazy, just chocolate and more chocolate. I like to keep the flavor profiles on the simpler side when I'm unsure if I'll even like the final result. Mouse molds are so easy to find this time of year." Green eyes flicked up to Kay as he thanked her again, the young woman still smiling as she nodded and then began to look around. There wasn't anything on her face that said 'oh god you live like this'. She'd likely seen many, many apartments just like this before coming back to Destiny City. "Oh, s**t. Are you a shoes off or don't care kind of guy?" She asked with wide eyes. Her boots were clean, but it wasn't as if they were brand new, she was still dragging the outside into his home. However, at his question she looked down at Ari and melted all over again. Her brow pinched and her lips pressed together tightly. Yeah, no. She hadn't changed her mind. " She's so soft," Vivian stage-whispered, as if Kay had no idea.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:11 am
He had made only a dismissive “whatever works” gesture at the shoe question, and although he was barefoot himself, that had more to do with matters of personal preference than anything.
“I know,” he said. And then, dutifully: “I know ******** all about cats but apparently I got her, like - in some kinda formative age window. So the rescue people told me to get her used to stuff, so she already gets brushed every day and I like - mess with her feet and clip her nails.”
This was a very short sentence to summarize what had been hands down one of the most harrowing low-stakes experiences of his new life. He had been so, so brave, and no one could appreciate it because to get any credit he'd have to admit how terrifying this process was for him.
“I have her um - her stuff, in that box. She could probably use a new litter box though. But everything else - and her eye drops - just if she needs them, there's a label on there. And her food.”
The box was at the foot of the bed and seemed fairly well furnished considering Kay’s budget and apparent unwillingness to be a cat dad. At the top of it was a handful of fish and mice sewn from scraps - mostly neckties, it looked like - that had a distinctly “Kay’s old clothes” color palette.
“She doesn't use the bed, mostly. She likes to sleep up in your neck. Probably trying to figure out how to suffocate you once she gets big enough,” he added. He couldn't bring himself to say it darkly, and instead said it with a little laugh. It was easier that way. “Are you like - are you gonna rename her?” And then, as if he hadn't asked it: "My friend works at the zoo. They have Dippin Dots there."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:27 am
Well, her hands were full of kitten. So 'whatever works' meant the boots stayed on for now. Nodding quietly, Vivian finally moved to sit on the bed, seeming unbothered by having it rather than the chair. Instead, she was cooing at Ari and teasing her playfully with a wiggle of her fingers. She was so cute. However, as Kay spoke at length about Ari Vivian couldn't help but turn her gaze to look his way, her face still turned down toward Ari but her eyes on the man across from her. He'd been pretty dutiful for a man who said he didn't like cats and called this one 'the devil'. Hmm.. Her attention now turned to the box in question as she gently reached over with one hand to tip it slightly, enough to see its contents without knocking it over. Oh, that was adorable. He made her toys. Her smile softened at the sight. Did he really dislike her that much if he went through the effort of making toys for her? She plucked up a little mouse from the box and dangled it by its tail over Ari within reach of her little legs, bouncing it slightly so it wiggled and attracted her attention. "Rename her? I wasn't sure, I thought about it but it also doesn't really feel right to change her name. Ari's already so sweet. Does she answer to her current name? Like, does she react to it?" There was no way she could tell him Creedence told me to rename her Garbagepaw. Cats don't talk, Vivian. And plus, she wasn't going to name the cat Garbagepaw anyway. "Working at a zoo sounds really fun though. Your friend is super lucky."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:41 am
It was maybe characteristic of his better qualities that he did not feel the need to say that he had been instrumental in helping her secure that job. It was even more characteristic of them that he didn't even think of it that way, really, instead considering himself merely to have been accidentally in the way of expediting what would naturally have happened on its own.
"Well," he said, "she doesn't really, but do cats ever? At least she won't have to change her last name," he added jokingly.
He watched her play with the facsimile of a mouse that she was cheerfully murdering and felt his usual conflicting feelings over it. She couldn't help being a cat, but it was a little unsettling nonetheless.
"I think they like having something that smells familiar so I put an old shirt in there too. Just in case the toys don't anymore. Because they were just - sitting in the scrap box. She likes to drown them in her water dish, anyway - isn't that ******** awful? Cats, man - so they probably don't smell like anything anymore anyway."
He needed desperately to talk about something else. "How is everything? I didn't ask when you came in. Work and - and your family and everything." This, with friendly interest which at least had the advantage of sincerity even if it was also a diversionary tactic.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:56 am
"Mhm," Vivian replied with only the quiet hum as Kay went on and on about the kitten. He wasn't quite right, some cats did respond to their name, even Vivian knew that much from friends who had cats. Maybe she'd change it, maybe she wouldn't. But there was a weird way of how Kay seemed to speak about Ari. He'd clearly grown attached. But the mixed messages were really something. Men. "Cats can be a little sociopathic from time to time, I think, yeah." While he seemed to be struggling, Vivian was still rather nonchalant about the whole thing. However, she brightened somewhat as he changed the subject. She'd let Ari take the mouse from her to do what she wanted with it, once again supporting her with both arms. Vivian continued to watch Ari while she spoke to Kay, though she did glance up his way from time to time so as not to be rude. "Papa's doing okay still. He's started doing some physical therapy for the hip, see if he can get back into business without needing to replace the whole thing. I think he should just replace it, but he thinks it's a waste for someone his age." She shrugged. "And my brother and his wife have a date for the hospital in a few weeks. They're gonna try and be those parents who have their baby on Halloween." Vivian explained this with a playful roll of her eyes. First time parents. "We'll see what the baby decides. I have my doubts she's doing to last that long. As for work, the instructor I've been covering for is going to be coming back from her maternity leave soon. So..." There was a little pause then. An uncertainty of her own that she struggled to fight from being obvious in her expression before she settled on smiling again. "I'm taking the opportunity to get back into auditioning, since the Christmas season is coming up. I absolutely refuse for this to be the first Christmas I'm not doing something. I just have to decide, and quickly if I want to try the company here in Destiny City or make the half-a-day trip back to New York for it. Like, I still have my apartment. So it's not like I'd have to worry about a place to stay. But it's a matter of do I want to make the drive more than I really have to? It's like six hours, not accounting for traffic." Though if she could teach Ari to be the kind of cat who liked going for walks and car rides... ohhh that could actually be kind of fun!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:06 am
He considered this with an apparent deep and abstracted thoughtfulness.
“I hate,” he said at last, “to say anything that'd chase a friend away. But this city gets its hooks in deep and what is it they say about women and proposals - like - if you aren't sure if you should say yes, you should say no? Destiny City is like. Maybe the worst bride for tying you down. You hesitate and the next thing you know it's been five years.”
He had a nervous habit of seeming to always need something to chew on; with a recent haircut he couldn't even resort to a dangling strand of hair. This was in fact why he kept his nails done. He scooped up some random bit of plastic from the desk and chewed on it instead, while Ari got loose from Vivian's arms and onto the bed to have better freedom for attempting to eviscerate her mouse.
“But I don't know. If you like - if you want the hooks, you know. I guess you already have hooks here - family and all. Halloween baby to finish the job.”
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:32 am
He wasn't wrong and she hated that he wasn't wrong. Vivian released Ari onto the bed to play with the mouse, watching her and occasionally reaching over to slyly tug on the mouse's tail to keep it 'alive' for the kitten to be entertained with. Despite having never had a cat herself, she seemed to naturally take to playing with it. How could she even explain that she wasn't sure if she actually had a choice? That she felt now obligated to stay here regardless of her family. Honestly, going to New York felt like running away. It was running away the first time, in a way. Running away and chasing her dreams, dreams she had begun to accomplish. Dreams that she wasn't sure she could continue with... everything. She could leave. She could go back. She could take up her job, her career, she could do it all again as if she'd never stopped. But then she'd be leaving behind... Andromeda? Her heart ached at the thought, and for the briefest second her throat felt like it had a lump in it and her eyes burned at the very thought of leaving behind Andromeda. Of running away from Andromeda. No... Vivian was pretty sure New York was no longer an option. Not right now, anyway. And given the life she wanted to live, she had a very small window of opportunity to get herself established in the way she wanted. And that window felt like it was being held open with thin, delicate sticks that could barely hold its weight. She cleared her throat, her smile for a moment was forced, before softening into something more genuine as she discreetly tickled at Ari's back paw, wiggling a finger between her toebeans. "To be honest, a part of me wonders if I actually have the option anymore or if I'm just trying to kid myself into thinking I do. Something something it'll hurt less when I finally accept it and let it go, or whatever," Vivian said gently. It wasn't with any hidden resentment, or despair, just a quiet acceptance she was still struggling with. But this was all such a heavy and deep mood she was starting to fall into. How did Kay keep doing this to her? Suddenly she looked up, a brow raised and a curious look about her. "Anyway, what is that I see on your hand?" If they were texting, this would likely be accompanied by the side eyes emoji.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:45 am
He was tactful enough not to push it, and tactical enough not to let her see that he'd been watching her with an intense, searching expression. This was exactly why he'd sought out Todd. Creedence's assurances that he was Just a Normal Guy had been the greatest review she could have given him despite her palpable contempt. The problem was that Todd was some guy that he saw for a half an hour in a normal week - less, going forward, if he could help it - and all the other acquaintances in his life - well. It was nice to know that Kalani and Elaine were at least on the right side, but the fact that they were on a side at all was somewhat stomach turning. And here was this new friend, who was - he was not unreasonable - probably just torn between family and career in a totally banal and understandable way, and yet he could not help a horrible, godawful terror of what she might be. Probably wasn't. Gave him no real reason to believe - "Oh," he said, smiling that easy smile and pulling up the bottom of his loose sleeve and holding it out towards her obligingly. Ari, seeing his outstretched hand, abandoned her mouse in favor of pursuing it, but he picked the toy up and tossed it a few inches away to distract her and avoid betraying how much that little movement of hers had hurt him. "A waste of money that I didn't have to waste. It's in that gross peely cloudy stage," he added apologetically. It was not, in fact, all that peely and cloudy, but was clearly not yet looking its absolute best, either. "You know when you break up with someone," he said (he didn't, actually, know this, and never had), "and you go out and make rash haircut and fashion decisions. It was like that, except without the breakup. Unless dumping the cat counts."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:07 am
Oh, that was sick though. Vivian gasped quietly as she leaned over for a better look, pausing briefly to watch him toss a toy to distract Ari, before carefully taking the hand offered out to her to inspect his new ink. "This is so pretty though! Is this like, sewing thread? I love that!" Her smile was back, and it once again seemed bright and genuine, as if whatever had been plaguing her was briefly forgotten. "Sometimes I see like, really pretty tattoos that I'm like 'but what if', but I also don't want to have to worry about covering it up. So I'm kinda jealous." She waved a hand, rolling her eyes. "Waste your money, what's a couple weeks of 711 hot dogs and water bottles?" As if spoken from experience. "Are you happy? That's what matters, really. Bills will always be there being annoying as hell, so do something that brings you joy from time to time, yeah?" Vivian giggled, releasing Kay's hand and sitting back again. There was a sudden sound of tiny nails latching abruptly onto leather boot, and Vivian had barely enough time to look down and register what had happened before Ari launched herself away and onto the mouse that had previously been thrown. Welp. They'd riled her up. Vivian would just wait until she tired herself out. "But yeah, I get it. My last like, serious girlfriend, we broke up on good terms and all and we're still friends now, but a couple weeks later I still spent a little over my entire month's rent on a 'but what if I get invited to the red carpet' dress I definitely don't need. Nice dress though, I got an earful from my roommate at the time but I mean... worth it?"
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:17 am
And now Vivian had latched onto a topic he, Kay, cared about very much. "Wear it anyway," he said, immediately and brightly, with that passionate enthusiasm of someone who had strong feelings that would not be repressed. "Find a reason. Haven't you ever, like - just put on really nice clothes to go out and do nothing? Wear it to the zoo. Don't wait for it. I wear my best cologne to bed sometimes." Granted, he'd stolen it, so maybe it was a bit different knowing that it hadn't put a dent in his pocket. But maybe it wasn't. He barely interrupted himself as he stooped down - still ginger of the treacherous chair - to rescue Ari from tumbling off the bed, and then untangling her from trying to crawl into his hands, although this did require a couple of asides. "Actually - oh my god, you little demon, if you scratch a fresh tattoo I'll have your ********' guts - actually, like, at work - stop - we're about to reopen and my boss is all of a sudden on fire with all these community fundraising ideas and he floated some stuff at me and I was thinking about seeing if I could talk him into - like - have you heard of a Prom Rewind? Like just an excuse for grown-a** people to get dressed up and hang out - oh my god, why are you like this - and I know it's not really the right season, but maybe a Homecoming Rewind is a thing, if you try -" He successfully managed to divest himself of the cat, dumping her into Vivian's lap. Rather than re-launch her attack on either mouse or Maus, she instead sent up a plaintive cry of betrayal, and Kay couldn't help looking a little agonized for a second, although he didn't acknowledge it. "I think it'd be fun," he said, pointedly not looking at Ari, who - it must be said - had already seemed to forget her grief and was instead trying to eat Vivian's hair. "And there's this place - they collect used formalwear and donate it to kids for next season's prom who can't afford nice clothes for it - I thought it might be fun to have a sort of like... post-event drive for stuff. Is this a stupid idea? Tell me honestly."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:53 am
What. Oh Kay didn't know what he was talking about. This gown... she couldn't just wear it to the grocery store. Not this one. So far, the only time she'd worn it had been when she first tried it on, when she showed Linnea it was totally worth it and she was so sorry she'd totally make rent don't worry it's fine it's fine IT'S GOING TO BE FINE, and for a brief video at home to show it off and not do anything too crazy that would ruin the dress in absolutely any fashion. It wasn't that she didn't look entirely convinced, because she'd kind of done stuff like that before. Hell, half of her casual wear included heels that were way too nice to be 'casual'. And she often felt overdressed compared to others around her sometimes already. This gown was not going to the zoo. She opened her mouth to speak until he started to fuss over Ari, now interrupted with a chuckle and a grin as she watched the antics. "Here, I'll take her," she assured him as she reached over to accept Ari. Oh, not her hair. That was a bad habit. How do you do this? Redirect, right? As Ari started to chew on her hair she offered her a fish toy instead, wiggling it and tapping it against the underside of her chin until Ari finally whipped her head down to close tiny teeth around it. New prey. She flopped down onto Vivian's lap, holding the fish in her teeth and claws and bringing up her back feet to begin bunny-kicking her latest kill. No wonder Creedence wanted to train her to be a warrior. Vivian moved a hand to support her back and keep her from rolling unceremoniously onto the floor, which thankfully she didn't seem to notice. Meanwhile, Kay had Vivian's attention again. "I've never heard of a Prom Rewind, actually," she confessed with wide eyes. But she listened, looking interested and attentive to his idea. "I don't think that's a stupid idea at all! In fact, I think I've heard of drives like that? I don't know any of their names, but I've heard of them. But especially if you do it at a time of year that comes before events like prom, graduation, stuff like that. And if people who attend can't or don't want to donate their own stuff, maybe they can bring something newer. I could think of a few dresses I have that I regret buying only because I thought I was in love with them only to later wear them and go 'yeah no this isn't for me', but they're still gorgeous dresses and would look amazing on someone else that isn't me. Hell, maybe someone likes making clothes and would see it as a really neat opportunity to do something nice with that skill."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:08 am
Just as well that he did not have to hear her internal rebuttal, given that it would have devolved into him soapboxing on his personal favorite topic of Clothes Are Made to be Worn. This was a man living on cup noodle and 7-Eleven leftovers who, upon discovering some jewel of vintage Ralph Lauren in the donation box, did not immediately run to scalp it nor even to treasure it up for a rainy day, but promptly wore it into work as soon as possible, with the Instagram snap and forum post to prove it. He had spent most of the winter in an overcoat that come in with a price tag still attached that was most of his rent payment, and had worn it over a sweater with cuffs he'd had to darn four times over. Would wear it again, come winter. Ah, well. "I think I'll run it by him," he said, distracted by watching the cat. "He's like -" He hesitated. "I don't know. I didn't tell anyone yet but he and I had this long-a** conversation a couple days ago. I actually thought I was getting fired. Turns out he never meant for his little rich-guy-philanthropy project to turn into like, an actual profitable business, and he wants to start delegating the stores. And he offered it to me. Not the store," he hastened to add. "God, can you imagine? What would I do with that? Mr. Burns type storyline. Like - an actual store manager type thing. With a raise. Probably not enough of a raise to be doing everything I'm gonna be doing - I already had to interview people," he said, in a tone of vague horror. "But like - way way more than I'm making now. And I told him I'd think about it but I already know I'm gonna say yes, but I just, like - anyway - he's all on fire with ********' ideas, like I said, and I think he wants me to sort of - sort of prove myself? But I don't wanna do a lot. I'm too ********' lazy for that. So I'm gonna just shoot some ideas by him and spend ten minutes in Canva with whichever one he approves, or whatever." Oh, Kay. You sad, naive child. "That's actually - like. Maybe that was the breakup. Breaking up with coasting by on floor employee wage and not being expected to do much. Breaking up with having four hours a day to replace buttons on people's shirts for a few bucks." He laughed, again. "Not the cat." But that last bit brought him back to reality, and the reason for this visit, which he'd almost forgotten in the pleasantness of sitting in front of the open window and open door and chatting with a new friend. "Speaking of which. You see what I mean about her being a hellion. But they tell me she'll outgrow that. You're getting her just in time for the worst of it, I think."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|