Limosa hoped she got her brothers in bed for patrol tonight. Theiur father had college classes starting, keeping him busy and so, they were with her. And Limosa? Well two were fine. Eos kept trying to stay up wanting to watch her come home from patrol and worse, he learned how to boil water in a microwave - neither she nor Lawrence were pleased - so now he waited upwith... Jello. Well,he was trying. But he shouldn't need to! And Liumosa saw three sleeping forms in two rooms, and turned, slipping out the door.

Unseen, Eos' eye opened and he got up, silently sprinting out the front door after without a bnoise. He was curious,and wanted to see his sister be a super hero, because ghe was eight, and had about the commonsense of a goldfish, abd Eos sbnuck afyter with a grin.

Tonight, Limodawalked down the street along her route quietly, carefully alert for auras. The evening air was warm, humid, as it had recently rained and the heat was....Better with September. The Senshi of octopi walked leisurely along thestreet, taking everyt5hing in. If she was lucky, she'd see Soleiyu,or Clara -- someoine she knew, and she looked about curiously. Still, iut was quiet. Calm,and she tuirned for the park, acommon powered gathering point, continuing to ewalk.

It was odd though. she felt followed. Wasit aVanguardian?She heardof those... Aort of... On her phopne. No, it felt.... Odd. Just watched. No voice calling out. Not chaos. No order. Just the unsettling feeling of being watched and finally the senshi paused, looking around. And thepark was relatively oipen, whydiudn't she-- behind her. Limosa whiupped arouind with astoiniushing speed, and stared directly.

Eos was bored and already tiiiiired. Well sort of. NMostly bored. It was late and no bad guyys! No excitement! Eos had debated sneaking away to swing on the playground and maybe jump from the swings after but decided he might misssopmething... Only for Limosa to whip around oin him lijke a snake strike and stare sharply. Eos' eyes widened insurprise and he went rigid, not from the spoeed alone. Because he was caught.

"Uh oh." Eos said. Limosa's eyesw narrowed.

Eos had gotten out AGAIN!

"Yes uh ioh. Kids shouldn't be out this late kid." Limosa had tio prete4nd she didn't know the little gremlin she swore she was going to strangle. She texted Law3trence as La Brea, and pointed. "Kids like you should be at home. Sleeping." A pause. "For school."

"I don't wanna." Eos huffed. Limosastaredirritably. Eos puffed. "I'm not sleepy and you're not boss of me!"

She had toi pretend not to know him. And Limosa realized he knew it... and was exploiting it to be a manipulative little a*****e. Even Lex hjad remarkjed he worried Eos was getting uppity. Limosascowled.

"Watch me." Limosa warned. Eos blinked when Limosagrabbed his ear,dragging him away asif leading him for safety.Once she was confident they were aloine, she let go and lifted the eight year old in one arm, carrying him fuirther into hiding. "Damnit, what's gotten into you lately?!" Limosasnapped.

Eos flinched. Visibly. And then Eos frowned, brows furrowing.

"You and Dad keep acting like I'mdumb."Eos said. "Cause Cyrus and Eric can make friends and I can't."

Silence. Limosa blinked. THIS was new.

She sincerely thought it had to do with being powered. Limosa sighed.

"No friends? What about school?" Limo0saasked. Eos winced.

"Idon't have... Friends. Before.. Before Mom turned out bad she said I wasn't making friendscause I'maweird kid." Eos looked down. Limosa felt herself flinch. Viscerally -- because she could hear not Elektra, but Peridot in those words and she frowned.

"Your mom also became a villianand tried to get you three brainwashed." Limosasaid blunytly. Nobody had said it openly but.. Limosa was angry hearing Eos so upset. Eos sagged.

"She never liked me. Because I wasn't perky and social like Cyrus is good at or loyal like Eric. I'm... I'm..." Eosswallowed.

"Dad said you take after him actuially." Limosaadmitted. "Curious. Read a lot. It's not bad. You like learning. You like space. Not a bad thing Eos. They're more like herin some ways, you're like Dad. We're trying to meet your needs, not a mold." Limosa explained.Eos listened, holding on.

He wasju8st trying to flow. No patience. And... He saw Lex as family already. It was sweet, Limosa felt, but a little too adult. She huggreed him.

"Look. Lex havbbe you a key for bad emergencies. Like chaos agents, not to visit. Not like Lex knows whoI am like this..." Eyuue roll. "And Dad and I worry about strangers. Plus... My family won't TAKE you bgut.... Gods know what they'd say knowing you're Dad's.Well, Grandpa Louissays you three sound sweet. He thionks you and Cyrus swapping places to mess with peoplke is hilaaaaarious." Aneye roll. "And strangers are dangerous."

"I saw a strange senshi!" Eos moptioned. :"ast month! He had no holes though, I played stupid and messed with him so he'd leave." Eos preened. Limopsa stoipped though.

She looked at Eos in alarm. No holes. A Dark Mirror senshi? Oh. Oh godsa damnit. Wait, why was he outside at night? Liomosa blinked.

"Whywere..." She began. Eos threw his arms up.

"I was practicing like Link! To fight bad guys and protect Cyrus and E5ric!" Eoschirped. Limosasmirked.

"Link. Of course you were Link. Of course ytou were. Alright, Link, look, I need to get you hgome, Dad's aware you snuck after me, but... We'll... Talk. About you feeling singled out. And wanting to tyravel alone. Dad might fit. He's stillparanouid after so many Negas, but... We'll try talking him into some kind of method. He might bug your phone." Limosasighed. "It's Dad."

"Ugh. Fine. If he stops acting like I'm, a BABY." And Eos? Flopped dramatically

Limosa smirked.

"It's Dad. Let's go, runt."She looked around, thenmoved to power down, carefully, before carrying Eos for home.

"I also wanted to see you be a hero. And Lex gabe me a house key, and... I mean we go back anmmd forth... I don't want to wait for grown ups to walk us to and fro. I know the bus!" Eos sighed. Limmosa felt a pang of empathy.