Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pro-Gambino Guild: Followers of the Most Powerful Man i

Back to Guilds

 

 

Reply The Pro-Gambino Guild: Followers of the Most Powerful Man in Gaia
The Johnny K. Gambino -= Hall of Fame =- *Updated 1/19*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sarisa Senshi
Crew

Melodious Sweetheart

7,150 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:45 pm


User Image
The Johnny K. Gambino
Hall of Fame

Updates:
1/19/06 - Finally, to top things off...
There has been a massive amount of content added to the Links section. Check it out!
1/19/06 - The items listing has also been updated today!
The Anti Gambino Picket Sign and the Anti Von Helson Picket Sign have been added.
1/19/06 - After much procrastination on behalf of your humble author... (Sorrysorry!) The Gambino and Gino profiles section has recieved a massive update. Special thanks goes to the [Gambino Support Thread].
5/16/05 - Made a Locked Sticky! PM a MOD if you have anything you wish to add to the thread.
2/24/05 - The Memorial Photo, Letter From Gambino and G Pin are added to the Item Thread.
2/24/05 - A whole mess of quotes from the man himself are tracked, and then posted in the appropriate thread.
2/22/05 - Gambino and Gino are added to the profiles section of the thread!
2/21/05 - Posts are reserved for future content!
2/21/05 - The Johnny K. Gambino Hall of Fame is opened!



As always, this site is under construction!

1. Introduction

Quote:
In a guild like this, there has got to be at least one thread that should contain all things Gambino, right? Well, maybe... But this will surely be the start of something. smile


This thread is a great way for people to learn all about the Most Powerful Man in Gaia, and see how much he has done for our online community!

So, we're looking for pictures, post links, items... Anything connected to Gambino and his son, Gino!

Please send in all your goodies to sarisa_senshi by PM, or just post a reply! We'll be looking out for your stuff!

Post Listing:
1. Introduction
2.Profiles/Avatar Pics
3.Quotes/Postings
4. Items Listing
5. Other Points of Interest/Links
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:57 pm


2. Profiles/Avatar Pics


User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Name: Johnny K. Gambino
Birthday: Unknown
First Appeared: February 18th 2004, The First Annual Gaia Ball.
Worked For G-Corp: Since the beginning
G-Crop Level: Top Boss
Details:
Little is known about Johnny. He claims to be the Most Powerful Man in Gaia, and apparently pays the administrators to run the site (how they are getting paid now that he is missing, I have no idea). In the past he had commented on the Olympic events and ran the official Balls (except for the 2nd and 3rd Anniversary Balls, due to an event which will be explained soon). He has one son named Gino, with whom his relationship, over the years, until Halloween of 2004, was a bit cold. After his 'plans for a better world' backfired, his mansion on the Isle de Gambino was destroyed by a missile sent to rid of an uncontrollable infestation of zombies. He spent 3 months in the wreckage, comtemplating his loss...

In December of 2004, he decided to make his own miracle, and set off to find his lost son Gino. Upon discoving the boy, it was discovered that all his memories were wiped out, probably by hitting his head on something hard after being blown out of the mansion. In any case, after this whole fiasco, Johnny learned that there are some things more important than money. But, you know, we all make mistakes now and then.

During the Second Anniversary Ball of 2005, Gino was kidnapped by the Von Helson sisters, a pair of twins who owned a mansion in Durem, and hoped to one day overtake the Gambinos as the most powerful people in GAIA. In order to have Gino back, they said, he must never come to Durem again, and thus, never participate in a Gaian event again (as long as his mansion stayed in rubble). Johnny agreed, for his son.

A few weeks later, he began asking for donations from the public to help rebuild his mansion. As it turned out, he got so many donations he was able to build a huge, huge tower where his old mansion used to be, with a model of the old mansion at the tippy-top. He then went inside, locked his doors, and rested for a week or so, furnishing and whatnot.

The Von Helsons were outraged, and so, they began selling Anti-Gambino picket signs for 500 gold each. This went on for about a week until Gambino caught on to what they were doing, came outside on the top of the tower, and began selling pickets for 1000 gold each -- but if you had donated when he was poor and needed help, he gave you one for free. He was really quite eccentric with it, yelling about the power within him and surging with excitement. This worried some people, because it seemed he'd gone crazy with power. Really he was just kind of thrilled. Like, 'MAN, THIS IS SWEET!'

Then, on April 1st, 2005, Gino stepped out on the top of the mansion himself, saw his father the way he was, and immediately remembered him and his past. He cried out to his father, who turned around, and began running towards his son, ecstatic that he'd regained his memory.

At that moment, a sniper in Durem shot Johnny down. He fell off the tower to the depths below. As he fell, his tower fell with him -- in the direction of the Von Helson tower. The tip-top of the tower hit their mansion just as they were talking about their apparent victory of GAIA's loyalty. Dust swept up, and did not settle for a long time. When it did, a surprise was found. There were two Gambino mansions! The one from the top had somehow landed on the Von Helson mansion, and in some odd twist of events there was another one at the bottom of Gambino's tower? Weirded out.

Fate seems bad for poor Johnny... will he survive after this huge ordeal? His son needs him now, more than ever...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Name: Gino
Birthday May 13, 1988
First Appeared: February 18th 2004, The First Annual Gaia Ball.
Details:
Gino was first seen when he was giving out G-Pins to the Gaian public during the First Annual Gaia Ball. He next made an appearance at the Olympics, But failed miserably due to malnourishment and a lack of training. He was feared to be dead after Halloween of 2004 (due to the explosion of the Gambino mansion).

A few months later, Christmas of 2004, he saved his dad from commiting suicide, only to be found that by the general public that he had lost all his memories.

During the Second Anniversary Ball of 2005, he was kidnapped by the Von Helson sisters, a pair of twins who owned a mansion in Durem, and hoped to one day overtake Gambino as the most powerful people in GAIA. In order for Johnny to have Gino back, they said, he must never come to Durem again, and thus, never participate in a Gaian event again (as long as his mansion stayed in rubble). Johnny agreed, to save Gino.

None was seen of Johnny's son for a very long time. Then, on April 1st, 2005, Gino stepped out on the top of the mansion, saw his father freaking out, and immediately remembered him and their past together. He cried out to his father, who turned around, and began running towards his son, ecstatic that he'd regained his memory.

At that moment, a sniper in Durem shot Johnny down. He fell off the tower to the depths below. As he fell, his tower fell with him -- in the direction of the Von Helson tower. The tip-top of the tower hit their mansion just as they were talking about their apparent victory of GAIA's loyalty. Dust swept up, and did not settle for a long time. When it did, a surprise was found. There were two Gambino mansions! The one from the top had somehow landed on the Von Helson mansion, and in some odd twist of events there was another one at the bottom of Gambino's tower? Weirded out.

Then, on August Fifth of 2005, Gino washed up on shore. Sasha and Ian happened to be going shell searching at the time, and Sasha, off by herself, spotted Gino first. She gave him mouth to mouth as he was unconscious. Ian stumbled upon this, thought it was something dirty, and Sasha told him off. They brought him to Sasha's house, hoping to heal him, if possible.

A few days later, Ian freaked out a bit, chopping the bread kind of hard. He and Sasha brought in lunch for Gino as Doctor 123 (aka Labtech 123) analyzed his patient. It was determined that Gino could leave soon, so Bucho picked him up and brought him home. Gino, feeling empty and all alone in that big old mansion without his father, stood on the balcony and sighed to himself. Would he be able to take up his father's duties all alone?

A few weeks later, the Friday before Halloween, he did not feel any better. He was lost and confused, and oh so worried. He was however back at home, and felt as though he had to repay Sasha for saving his life and nursing him back to health. He invited her to dinner on the night of Halloween, a decision that would prove... not very good.

That night, the underground testing facility (now not secret any more), caught on fire, due to rampant green rabbits (aka 'Grunnies') running wild, set free by Labtech X. The fire spread to the mansion, where Sasha and Gino were dying. They were trapped, scared and trapped. Gino, playing the hero, attempted to lead Sasha to safety. But the moment right before they were out, a beam from the ceiling fell down on top of them. Gino, pushed by adrenaline, caught the beam with one arm. Sasha was dumbstruck, she asked him why. He said, "You saved me once... now it's my turn." Ian, who apparently had 'evidence proving the Gambinos were up to no good' in the form of some sort of bottle of pills, was going to expose this proof, the spaz that he was, but when he saw the trouble Sasha was in, he backed down. Gino asked Ian to get Sasha out. Thus, Gino was stuck, alone, unable to escape for himself, or so it seemed.

Profile information provided by GIT BASE - Gaia Event FAQ - Gaia Ball 2005 and [Gambino Support Thread].
Edited by sarisa_senshi and Jassette.


Back to Top

Sarisa Senshi
Crew

Melodious Sweetheart

7,150 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100

Sarisa Senshi
Crew

Melodious Sweetheart

7,150 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:59 pm


3. Quotes/Postings


Thread: Hold Yer Horses, GAIA OLYMPICS ARE COMING
Gambino
- Those LOUSY Admins... What do I pay them for?! BWAHAHAAAHAA
Well, anyway, I got them working to the bone on MY LATEST EVENT... YES, the FIRST GAIA OLYMPIC RACE!

Stay tuned and I'll keep ya posted whilst I continue to flog every single one of them until they get the event rolling.

- Blaargh, the weather has not cooperated and the race has been postponed. Damn the Gaian Gods... I AM LOSING PROFIT EVERY MINUTE!

The race will begin Sunday morning, BE THERE BWHAHHAHHA!

- I got so excited with the start of the race today, that I forgot to tell you all about it here...

Welcome to the 1st Gaia Olympic Race! THE RACE HAS BEGUN!

To follow along with the race, just watch the maps, and read all my witty commentary HERE! BWHAHHAHHA!


Thread: HALLOWEEN/GINO's BDAY BASH HAS BEGUN!:
Gambino
HO HO HO.... Johnny K. Gambino here!

I hereby am cordially inviting everyone in GAIA to come to my Halloween Bash on Saturday, 10/30/04 starting at 12pm PST (12am GST).

So be there or be square!

HO HO HO!!!!


Thread: WELCOME TO MY MANSION!!:
Gambino
HO HO HO!!! I'm glad you could all make it to my party! Please make yourselves at home.

If you've noticed, I've expanded the mansion so that we could fit more people in here. If you find Gino, he can give you the tour. Please feel free to wander about, but erm, just don't um snoop. It's rude. Seriously.

Happy Halloween!!


Thread: K I C K * * G A M B I N O ' S * * A S S: xd
Gambino
NOW NOW NOW, I won't have any of that at MY PARTY! HO HO HO!!


Thread: Sorry about that... FALSE ALARM...:
Gambino
You guys are getting a little too rowdy in there... apparently someone triggered the fire alarm...

Please continue with the festivities!


Thread:
LabTech062's Retirement Party Thread
:
Gambino
- Thanks for joining us here today. I'd like to say a few words about LabTech 062. Labtech062 has been working with me for the past 30 years. His dedication and loyalty to this company has been invaluable. We are gathered here today to honor his achievements. He has truly made a difference at G Corp.

Remember G Corp's motto. "Making a difference."

Here's to LabTech062!! HIP HIP HURRAY!!

- um.... thanks for coming... I'll just be on my way...

*sneaks off*


Thread:
GAMBINO HAS ARRIVED...
:
Gambino
- I must say this place is pretty nice... *sigh*

If only I had my mansion, I would be throwing this event myself...

- Why hello there young miss. Are you enjoying yourself? I must say that you'd be having much more fun if I were throwing the party.

- Actually... Gino... well.. look at him... he's lost his soul it seems. He does not even remember his own father. I don't know what to do with him anymore...

But all of you... thank you for your kind words. It really lightens my heart.

- Well, since the Isle of Gambino Insurance company was located in my mansion, it was destroyed along with my mansion. I really have nothing left...

As for these Von Helson sisters... BAH!! I knew their father. Count Vladimir Von Helson was a great man. If he knew what his daughters were up to, he'd be rolling in his grave.

- YOU ALL ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Rather than spend time wallowing in self pity I shall work to regain my POWER! If anything, I'll do it for Gino! His poor soul...

Who's with me!?

- YES YES... these Von Helson sisters cannot be good for GAIA. I'll tell you what... I may have some small trinkets left over from last year's festivities. I'll try and get them to you if I can. But it's a long way back to Gambino Isle from here...

Let me see what I can do though.

- NOW NOW, please...everyone save your gold and donations. I've figured out a plan to regain my power. But it will take some time, perhaps even a fortnight or two.

Please save your donations for now. I will let you know when it is the time for action. For now, let's just spread my name. Let it be heard round all of GAIA in its former glory!

- THAT'S IT MY FELLOW GAIANS!!! I CAN FEEL THE POWER IN THE AIR!!! GAMBINO!!!!!

- (In response to Kidara's post here.)
I'm sorry dear Kidara... I already have a son of my own that I need to take care of. However, I respect that you would like to bear the child of royalty. And for that, I hug you. *hugs*


Thread:
GAMBINO HAS RETURNED!!
:
Gambino
- BWaaaHAAAHAAAA!! See if those lousy Von Helson Sisters can stop me!!! My Fellow GAIANS!! BAND TOGETHER AND REVIVE THE NAME GAMBINO!!!

- This reminds me of my younger years when I first came to Gambino Isle without a single penny in my pocket. I was rash and ambitious and I MADE something of myself out of nothing! I can feel that same energy in this room today!!

FELLOW GAIANS rejoice!! We will be victorious!!! I am determined to regain my former glory for GINO! GINO!!!!!!


Thread:
GAIA BALL ENDGAME - GAMBINO COME HERE!!!
:
Gambino
- What do you mean? GINO?!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SON!!

- M-my...fault...

DARN YOU VON HELSONS!! What must I do to get back my son?

- B-but....that would mean...

- ...

- But what would my fellow Gaians think? Can I just abandon their support of me? And yet, Gino... my son, my reason for doing all of this to begin with...

- Fine. I've decided. I will leave and never return to Durem.

- Von Helsons... mark my words. I may not return to Durem, but you shall hear the name GAMBINO again!


Back to Top
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:00 pm


4. Items Listing


Listed below are some of the items that include/or have been given out by Gambino or Gino.

The information provided for each item was taken from the G.E.N. (Gaia Exchange Network)

Quote:

User Image
Mail From Gambino
Given on March 3, 2004 to Attendees of the 1st Annual Gaia Anniversary Ball
Sellback: 0
Estimated Value: 6,000-10,000?
Gender: N/A
Equip: Useable Item
Comments: Contains GAIA 1st Annual Memorial Photo. Each letter is personalized with the name of the user that found it, and the name cannot be changed. Lanzer said not to trade it, but it is tradeable. Quite a few users feel that they should not be traded.

Last Checked: Aug 12, 2005 (value rise)
Last Checked By: Renaissance


User Image
GAIA First Annual Memorial Photo
Found In: Mail from Gambino
Sellback: 100
Estimated Value: 4,500-5,500?
Gender: N/A
Equip: None (Nonusable Item)
Comments: Each photo is personalized with the name of the user that found the letter it was in, and the name cannot be changed. Lanzer said not to trade it, but it is tradeable. Quite a few users feel that they should not be traded.

Last Checked: Aug 12, 2005 (value rise)
Last Checked By: Renaissance


User Image
G Pin
Given out to to Attendees of the 1st Annual Gaia Anniversary Ball by Gino
Sellback: 0
Estimated value: 2,500-3,000?
Gender: Unisex
Equip: Neck
Comments: The G Pins were re-released during the 2nd Anniversary Ball in February 2005 and given out by Gambino.

Last Checked: April 08, 2005 (value fall)
Last Checked By: sephirothgal


User Image
Anti Gambino Picket Sign
Sold for 500 gold by the Von Helson twins in Durem starting March 23, 2005
Sellback: 0
Estimated Value: 150-300?
Gender: Both
Equip: Hands
Comments: An estimated value will not be added until it is no longer available.

Last Checked: Aug 12, 2005 (value rise)
Last Checked By: Renaissance


User Image
Anti Von Helson Picket Sign
Sold for 1000 gold by Gambino on top of the Tower of Gambino starting March 27, 2005
Sellback: 0
Estimated Value: 200-400?
Gender: Both
Equip: Hands
Comments: An estimated value will not be added until it is no longer available. People who donated to Gambino during his donation drive receive one for free.

Last Checked: Aug 12, 2005 (upper value fall)
Last Checked By: Renaissance




User Image


Back to Top

Sarisa Senshi
Crew

Melodious Sweetheart

7,150 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100

Sarisa Senshi
Crew

Melodious Sweetheart

7,150 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:01 pm


PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:48 am


So much to do, and so little time to do it. gonk
I still have to figure out where I want to include the Gambino-related NPC quotes from the 1st and 2nd Gaia Anniversary Ball.

Any suggestions?
Also, don't forget to send me any content you think should be added to the thread. I can't do it all without 'cha. domokun

Sarisa Senshi
Crew

Melodious Sweetheart

7,150 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100

Seyli Hsa

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:21 am


Point of interest/rumour!

Gambino had a wife, most Gaians seem to have forgotten this, according to information and such, she died a few years prior to Gaia being open to the public. It's unsure as to how she died, but it's possible that is the main reason why Gino is/was sad looking.

Blegh, mostly rumour/musing tho.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:40 pm


Whoo... Sorry about the delay, folks!

College has been keeping me busy (as always), and when I finally had the opportunity to update the H2K5 bug removed the Edit button... sweatdrop

But I should be back in business for a few days, and I'm going to try to get some outside help to get me caught up with things as they have been.

Sarisa Senshi
Crew

Melodious Sweetheart

7,150 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Reply
The Pro-Gambino Guild: Followers of the Most Powerful Man in Gaia

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//