| Do your friends tell you to have kids? |
| yes |
|
28% |
[ 4 ] |
| no |
|
71% |
[ 10 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 14 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:16 am
crying omg I can remember a year ago when all my friends were single and child free... we would go out clubing every weekend, play tennis and golf and go on camping holidays at the last moment...
Now all my friends are married on in long term relationships and have kids... and I am looked upon as if there is something wrong with me as I dont have long term relationships or want kids... and it keeps getting worse
They are now setting me up on dates with older guys who are looking to settle down and get married and have kids... they know that is not what I want and yet dont respect my choice... worse thing is the other day one friend told me that I need to have a kid... as if it makes me less of a person to not have one mad and my favourite is the comment you will make a great mother... omg I cant even stand their kids so that makes no sense..
Do other people have this problem when they reached mid 20's and how did they get through it? I dont want to loose my friends, but it is getting annoying and frustrating...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am
No... but I am getting to that age. It is really sad when people cannot respect you veiw. Especially your friends. But hey I will be there within the next decade or so....
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:05 pm
I'm lucky enough to have my two best friends/waterbrothers (2 points if you get the water brother reference) as strongly childfree as I am. I'll never have that problem. I'm sorry for your loss though.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:56 pm
My best friend is equally child free, and I've moved away and lost touch with all my others so it doesn't really effect me.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:45 pm
I haven't even hit 20s yet. >.o
My friends have all gotten to the dreadful age where they're like "OMG! I don't want kids. BUT ZOMG! I'll change my mind later in life because kids are the cute and I love kids!" Fabulous...
They like to tell me "You'd be the perfect mother, Stacey!" a lot. I should carry my Nalgene bottle more often. It's great for conditioning people.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:15 pm
Soppon I haven't even hit 20s yet. >.o
My friends have all gotten to the dreadful age where they're like "OMG! I don't want kids. BUT ZOMG! I'll change my mind later in life because kids are the cute and I love kids!" Fabulous...
They like to tell me "You'd be the perfect mother, Stacey!" a lot. I should carry my Nalgene bottle more often. It's great for conditioning people. Nalgene? *Headscratch*
As for me, I've largely broken away from my friends, due to circumstances beyond my control. Most of them I think wanted kids at some point, but they never really brought it up. And I've never been set up on a date by anyone, so that's one thing I guess I don't have to worry about... sweatdrop
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:58 am
I've drifted away from many of my friends cause of distance issues, btu we still talk a few times a year, and I see them when I go home for a visit.
It just pains me to have one opportunity a year to see my friends and they can't spend more than a couple of hours with me because they have to get back to their kids. The few who have kids are good parents but it still drives me nuts... how can these people live being constantly tied down to a child, not even being able to leave the house for a couple of hours without going through the ordeal of getting babysitter or asking grandma to watch the kid? I'd kill myself.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:45 am
Oddly enough, folks telling me that I should marry and/or have kids is mighty rare. ^^;;
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:34 pm
I envy you. I've considered carrying around some symbolic "No" signs too. Maybe a pin that says "I eat babies" would do the trick.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:30 pm
bluecherry I envy you. I've considered carrying around some symbolic "No" signs too. Maybe a pin that says "I eat babies" would do the trick. Nah... the whole baby eating thing is a trendy joke anymore these days... maybe have a button that says "If you don't smack your kid I WILL" or or or better yet "I only break for things I can see" whee
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:33 am
See I have tried the whole child abuse thing and the anti child jokes but ppl dont take me serious and they dont respect my choice of partners either as I only date older guys with no kids who dont want em as a requirement.... now I am being set up with guys who want to get married and have kids.. one friend told me that I just need to find the right guy and he will convince me to settle down... grrrrr this is getting soooo frustrating specially as its not my family (others in my family have chosen to be child free so they respect my choice)
Worse thing is I have recently been called shallow for not wanting kids and also flakey.... I am getting to the end of my rope and dont know what to do but I am slowly not talking to friends anymore which is sad.. crying
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:22 am
Hullo Smiley See I have tried the whole child abuse thing and the anti child jokes but ppl dont take me serious and they dont respect my choice of partners either as I only date older guys with no kids who dont want em as a requirement.... now I am being set up with guys who want to get married and have kids.. one friend told me that I just need to find the right guy and he will convince me to settle down... grrrrr this is getting soooo frustrating specially as its not my family (others in my family have chosen to be child free so they respect my choice) Worse thing is I have recently been called shallow for not wanting kids and also flakey.... I am getting to the end of my rope and dont know what to do but I am slowly not talking to friends anymore which is sad.. crying It sucks when your friends disown you because of your beliefes..... maybe it is time for new friends. I hate it when people do not respct your choices in life. But in the end it is unavoidable. I hope things get easier for you. The childfree road is not an easy one to walk.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:28 pm
Hullo Smiley See I have tried the whole child abuse thing and the anti child jokes but ppl dont take me serious and they dont respect my choice of partners either as I only date older guys with no kids who dont want em as a requirement.... now I am being set up with guys who want to get married and have kids.. one friend told me that I just need to find the right guy and he will convince me to settle down... grrrrr this is getting soooo frustrating specially as its not my family (others in my family have chosen to be child free so they respect my choice) Worse thing is I have recently been called shallow for not wanting kids and also flakey.... I am getting to the end of my rope and dont know what to do but I am slowly not talking to friends anymore which is sad.. crying Get a tubal ligation. Then no-one will bother you anymore about how you can still have children, because you can't.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:07 am
would if I could but I cant.... there are rules about that here...
1. only if you have kids 2. you have to have at least one of each type first 3. six months of councelling I believe..... crying
so I dont qualify
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:41 am
Hullo Smiley would if I could but I cant.... there are rules about that here... 1. only if you have kids 2. you have to have at least one of each type first 3. six months of councelling I believe..... crying so I dont qualify GOD WHERE DO YOU LIVE????
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|