|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:36 pm
Ok so today I was skiing whee <-- all was like that until I got on a certian run. There was mom and her son... the kid was no more than 6 or 7... now this is normal except the run I was on was a Double Diamond(Experts Only, if you ******** You DIE sort of run).... now this ruined my run because the stupid brat was "Snow-Plowing"(The most basic slow down technique in the book) through all the good snow. stressed Not to mention the kid was a hazard to everyone on the mountian. And the whole way down the mom was like "Come on you can do it". I am all for pushing people to do their best.... but when they have barely mastered the basics they should not be on the most difficult runs.... I mean seriously the slope of the mountain was at least 45 to 50 degrees(REALLY ******** STEEP) through thick trees. I had a hard time with it.... and I have been skiing like that for 5 years now.
Just ranting sorry... has this ever happened to anyone else.... also sorry for using ski terms.... it was the only wat to describe the situation.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:14 pm
Eh, no worries. You explained the ski terms, so those of us who don't ski weren't going, "Huh?".
I generally dislike when parents bring their little ones into a place that is generally for older people. Not like, "Age 14 and over", but something with a high difficulty level or rating. It's just annoying because things like PG-13 and R movies, and difficult ski slopes, are some of the few public places one can go WITHOUT experiencing children. But then, someone just HAS to bring their sprog with them...>__>
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:17 pm
[Ernie] Eh, no worries. You explained the ski terms, so those of us who don't ski weren't going, "Huh?". I generally dislike when parents bring their little ones into a place that is generally for older people. Not like, "Age 14 and over", but something with a high difficulty level or rating. It's just annoying because things like PG-13 and R movies, and difficult ski slopes, are some of the few public places one can go WITHOUT experiencing children. But then, someone just HAS to bring their sprog with them...>__> GAHHH I HATE THAT TOO.... like the parents who don't teach their kids etitique in the arcade so I have to suffer watching some little sprog struggle with DDR.... for like an hour... listening to the parents go "OH WOW YOU ARE SO GOOD" then I have to be descrete about playing... cause some of the kids who play at a beginners level start following me if they see me play....
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 pm
I HATE it when people bring little kids to movies, resturants...even live performances! They ALWAYS cry. It's not like they're getting anything out of it, people. Just hire a ******** babysitter, for christ's sake.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:28 pm
kawaiikichan I HATE it when people bring little kids to movies, resturants...even live performances! They ALWAYS cry. It's not like they're getting anything out of it, people. Just hire a ******** babysitter, for christ's sake. They would never do that.... I mean going to movies resturants and live performances are quality family time. Now who would want to deprive a child of that?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:29 pm
Yeah see THIS ONE!!! whee
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:18 pm
I considered making this a journal entry, but it seemed to fit better here. I was watching Jay Leno tonight for awhile, because there was nothing else on, and one of his guests was this arrogant little b*****d of a kid, who's apparently "invented" several things already in his short life. I use the term very generously, as most of the things he brought on the show were either of questionable usefulness, or downright horrible ideas.
For example: he "invented" a helmet with a bunch of flashing lights on it, for when you're out bicycling at night. Because reflectors are so hard to see. confused The worst of the bunch (that I saw) though, was a "homework motivator." It was basically a zip-up binder with a sound box inside. You could press buttons on it, and it would play insipid, (and horribly recorded) sound bytes that are supposed to somehow motivate you. I don't know about you, but having something that sounds and looks like a product by Fisher Price blaring out "I wish I'd thought of that," would probably do everything except motivate me.
Anyway, there IS something broader to discuss here. Jay's other guest was Rosie O'Donnel. And every time the insipid little hellspawn lugged out another of his braindead gadgets, she fawned over both it, and him. Nevermind that the ideas were terrible. Nevermind that the kid was a snotty little p***k who insulted Jay at least twice on his own show. She acted like everything he did was the most amazing thing in the world.
Why do people do that? If an adult comes up with a stupid idea, nine times out of ten, any other sane adult will tell them the truth about it. But more often than not, a kid can blow his nose and wipe it on the wall, and people will be praising him like he's the next ******** Picasso.
I know it's probably so you don't "damage his self esteem" or some other pansy, modern bullshit. But there's a difference between self esteem, and baseless overconficence in one's own abilities. Encouraging efforts where they bear no decent results is more damaging than being honest with the kid. No matter how many times you tell Dropout Danny that he can be an astronaut, the simple truth is that he's just not cut out for it.
Sorry if I'm rambling by this point, but UGH! mad
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:35 am
Soulwreckage I considered making this a journal entry, but it seemed to fit better here. I was watching Jay Leno tonight for awhile, because there was nothing else on, and one of his guests was this arrogant little b*****d of a kid, who's apparently "invented" several things already in his short life. I use the term very generously, as most of the things he brought on the show were either of questionable usefulness, or downright horrible ideas.
For example: he "invented" a helmet with a bunch of flashing lights on it, for when you're out bicycling at night. Because reflectors are so hard to see. confused The worst of the bunch (that I saw) though, was a "homework motivator." It was basically a zip-up binder with a sound box inside. You could press buttons on it, and it would play insipid, (and horribly recorded) sound bytes that are supposed to somehow motivate you. I don't know about you, but having something that sounds and looks like a product by Fisher Price blaring out "I wish I'd thought of that," would probably do everything except motivate me.
Anyway, there IS something broader to discuss here. Jay's other guest was Rosie O'Donnel. And every time the insipid little hellspawn lugged out another of his braindead gadgets, she fawned over both it, and him. Nevermind that the ideas were terrible. Nevermind that the kid was a snotty little p***k who insulted Jay at least twice on his own show. She acted like everything he did was the most amazing thing in the world.
Why do people do that? If an adult comes up with a stupid idea, nine times out of ten, any other sane adult will tell them the truth about it. But more often than not, a kid can blow his nose and wipe it on the wall, and people will be praising him like he's the next ******** Picasso.
I know it's probably so you don't "damage his self esteem" or some other pansy, modern bullshit. But there's a difference between self esteem, and baseless overconficence in one's own abilities. Encouraging efforts where they bear no decent results is more damaging than being honest with the kid. No matter how many times you tell Dropout Danny that he can be an astronaut, the simple truth is that he's just not cut out for it.
Sorry if I'm rambling by this point, but UGH! mad Yeah selfi-esteem is definitly the main reason.... I mean no one seemed to care about when my self-esteem was damaged as a child... now I can go to jail for damaging a childs self-esteem.....
But you said the kid is an arrogant a** hole right? I am pretty sure that on top of the self-esteem issues they were trying to avoid lawsuits. As well as an unwanted temper tantrum on stage.
People need to realize that kids need limits too.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:30 pm
XenoReiji [Ernie] Eh, no worries. You explained the ski terms, so those of us who don't ski weren't going, "Huh?". I generally dislike when parents bring their little ones into a place that is generally for older people. Not like, "Age 14 and over", but something with a high difficulty level or rating. It's just annoying because things like PG-13 and R movies, and difficult ski slopes, are some of the few public places one can go WITHOUT experiencing children. But then, someone just HAS to bring their sprog with them...>__> GAHHH I HATE THAT TOO.... like the parents who don't teach their kids etitique in the arcade so I have to suffer watching some little sprog struggle with DDR.... for like an hour... listening to the parents go "OH WOW YOU ARE SO GOOD" then I have to be descrete about playing... cause some of the kids who play at a beginners level start following me if they see me play.... Eh, the ones I come in contact with just hog it and go along with the steps (even though they havent paid for a game) What's worse, is the parents just sit there and watch. That bugs me most of all.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:34 pm
XenoReiji Soulwreckage I considered making this a journal entry, but it seemed to fit better here. I was watching Jay Leno tonight for awhile, because there was nothing else on, and one of his guests was this arrogant little b*****d of a kid, who's apparently "invented" several things already in his short life. I use the term very generously, as most of the things he brought on the show were either of questionable usefulness, or downright horrible ideas.
For example: he "invented" a helmet with a bunch of flashing lights on it, for when you're out bicycling at night. Because reflectors are so hard to see. confused The worst of the bunch (that I saw) though, was a "homework motivator." It was basically a zip-up binder with a sound box inside. You could press buttons on it, and it would play insipid, (and horribly recorded) sound bytes that are supposed to somehow motivate you. I don't know about you, but having something that sounds and looks like a product by Fisher Price blaring out "I wish I'd thought of that," would probably do everything except motivate me.
Anyway, there IS something broader to discuss here. Jay's other guest was Rosie O'Donnel. And every time the insipid little hellspawn lugged out another of his braindead gadgets, she fawned over both it, and him. Nevermind that the ideas were terrible. Nevermind that the kid was a snotty little p***k who insulted Jay at least twice on his own show. She acted like everything he did was the most amazing thing in the world.
Why do people do that? If an adult comes up with a stupid idea, nine times out of ten, any other sane adult will tell them the truth about it. But more often than not, a kid can blow his nose and wipe it on the wall, and people will be praising him like he's the next ******** Picasso.
I know it's probably so you don't "damage his self esteem" or some other pansy, modern bullshit. But there's a difference between self esteem, and baseless overconficence in one's own abilities. Encouraging efforts where they bear no decent results is more damaging than being honest with the kid. No matter how many times you tell Dropout Danny that he can be an astronaut, the simple truth is that he's just not cut out for it.
Sorry if I'm rambling by this point, but UGH! mad Yeah selfi-esteem is definitly the main reason.... I mean no one seemed to care about when my self-esteem was damaged as a child... now I can go to jail for damaging a childs self-esteem.....
But you said the kid is an arrogant a** hole right? I am pretty sure that on top of the self-esteem issues they were trying to avoid lawsuits. As well as an unwanted temper tantrum on stage.
People need to realize that kids need limits too. Kids do need a little negative attention some of the time. I know this very well. I have some artistic talent, and whenever I'm drawing anything, everyone fawns over it and says its the best in the world and say things like 'i wish i could do that.' Fake envy doesn't make me improve. Telling me what's wrong and how to fix it makes me improve.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:58 pm
Jaxaelin XenoReiji [Ernie] Eh, no worries. You explained the ski terms, so those of us who don't ski weren't going, "Huh?". I generally dislike when parents bring their little ones into a place that is generally for older people. Not like, "Age 14 and over", but something with a high difficulty level or rating. It's just annoying because things like PG-13 and R movies, and difficult ski slopes, are some of the few public places one can go WITHOUT experiencing children. But then, someone just HAS to bring their sprog with them...>__> GAHHH I HATE THAT TOO.... like the parents who don't teach their kids etitique in the arcade so I have to suffer watching some little sprog struggle with DDR.... for like an hour... listening to the parents go "OH WOW YOU ARE SO GOOD" then I have to be descrete about playing... cause some of the kids who play at a beginners level start following me if they see me play.... Eh, the ones I come in contact with just hog it and go along with the steps (even though they havent paid for a game) What's worse, is the parents just sit there and watch. That bugs me most of all. Well if you are really bold you could do what I do and pick the kid up and set them down.... some parents don't like that but most realize that you want to play once you start putting money in the machine and reclaim their trophies **Childfree Joke** whee
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:00 pm
Jaxaelin XenoReiji Soulwreckage I considered making this a journal entry, but it seemed to fit better here. I was watching Jay Leno tonight for awhile, because there was nothing else on, and one of his guests was this arrogant little b*****d of a kid, who's apparently "invented" several things already in his short life. I use the term very generously, as most of the things he brought on the show were either of questionable usefulness, or downright horrible ideas.
For example: he "invented" a helmet with a bunch of flashing lights on it, for when you're out bicycling at night. Because reflectors are so hard to see. confused The worst of the bunch (that I saw) though, was a "homework motivator." It was basically a zip-up binder with a sound box inside. You could press buttons on it, and it would play insipid, (and horribly recorded) sound bytes that are supposed to somehow motivate you. I don't know about you, but having something that sounds and looks like a product by Fisher Price blaring out "I wish I'd thought of that," would probably do everything except motivate me.
Anyway, there IS something broader to discuss here. Jay's other guest was Rosie O'Donnel. And every time the insipid little hellspawn lugged out another of his braindead gadgets, she fawned over both it, and him. Nevermind that the ideas were terrible. Nevermind that the kid was a snotty little p***k who insulted Jay at least twice on his own show. She acted like everything he did was the most amazing thing in the world.
Why do people do that? If an adult comes up with a stupid idea, nine times out of ten, any other sane adult will tell them the truth about it. But more often than not, a kid can blow his nose and wipe it on the wall, and people will be praising him like he's the next ******** Picasso.
I know it's probably so you don't "damage his self esteem" or some other pansy, modern bullshit. But there's a difference between self esteem, and baseless overconficence in one's own abilities. Encouraging efforts where they bear no decent results is more damaging than being honest with the kid. No matter how many times you tell Dropout Danny that he can be an astronaut, the simple truth is that he's just not cut out for it.
Sorry if I'm rambling by this point, but UGH! mad Yeah selfi-esteem is definitly the main reason.... I mean no one seemed to care about when my self-esteem was damaged as a child... now I can go to jail for damaging a childs self-esteem.....
But you said the kid is an arrogant a** hole right? I am pretty sure that on top of the self-esteem issues they were trying to avoid lawsuits. As well as an unwanted temper tantrum on stage.
People need to realize that kids need limits too. Kids do need a little negative attention some of the time. I know this very well. I have some artistic talent, and whenever I'm drawing anything, everyone fawns over it and says its the best in the world and say things like 'i wish i could do that.' Fake envy doesn't make me improve. Telling me what's wrong and how to fix it makes me improve. Yeah exactly, constructive critism. We need more of that in the childrens world. But with something as ambigous as art it is hard to give.... I mean the most you can give is some small advice on how to steady your hand better.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:02 pm
Jaxaelin Kids do need a little negative attention some of the time. I know this very well. I have some artistic talent, and whenever I'm drawing anything, everyone fawns over it and says its the best in the world and say things like 'i wish i could do that.' Fake envy doesn't make me improve. Telling me what's wrong and how to fix it makes me improve. I get the same thing, with regards to my writing. Virtually everyone I show my work to just comes back with a stock response of "Wow, that's really great!" or "You're such a good writer!"
Sometimes I wonder if any of them even bothered reading it at all. neutral
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|