Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official J-Rock Guild
Found some new J-Rock bands wanted to find out some more Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stella_Starwind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:54 pm


I found some random names of J-Rock bands that I really hadn't heard of before. (lol but really I don't many bands at all seeing how I am a newbie to JRock). But I was hoping that you guys could possibly tel me a little about these guys since I was kind of courious.
Hyde,Pierrot, and Nakie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:26 pm


Hyde is the vocalist of the band L'Arc~en~Ciel. He has released some solo stuff, so that's probably what you're referring to.

Here are some Pierrot links. It seems these sites will give you all the info you want.
http://www.todokanai.net/ritz/pierrot/ - seems pretty active.
http://www.glay.per.sg/pierrot/ - doesn't look like it's been updated since August.

Nakie = o.o?

MadTiger
Vice Captain


Stella_Starwind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:36 am


lol that last one is really odd I got it off someone's siggy if I can locate the pic I will try and put it up on here cuz to be honest I am kind of second guessing if that is really the name of the band or not now.

But thanks very much for the other info sweatdrop lol its kind of embrassing that I don't really know all that much about any of these people. lol hopefully that will change.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:41 pm


I'm going to say that "nakie" was less a band, and more a reference to their avatar.

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer


MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:25 pm


Yea.. did the band in question happen to be.. naked?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:41 pm


ummm no I don't think they were naked lol if they were I probaly would have not asked about any further eek but anyway this is the photo of the group. (I don't know if it would make any hooting differnence but the name that was on the image when I saved it was "dir" lol I have little to no idea if that is helpful or useless at this time...but anyway here is the pic)
User Image

Stella_Starwind


MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:45 pm


the 'nakie' was referring to something else.

This is very early Dir en grey.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:48 pm


MadTiger
Hyde is the vocalist of the band L'Arc~en~Ciel. He has released some solo stuff, so that's probably what you're referring to.

Oh, by the way I wanted to ask you before I forgot if you had any further info on L'Arc~en~Ciel. (lol even photos would be nice if you know of any places that have them. Also just out of coursity...since you guys have been so generous in giving all kinds of JRock names, do any of you guys know of any really good online stores online to buy cds of these artists from?

Thank you again all of you lol your making a newbie feel very at home in the group...by feeding my large cousity.

~Laterz~

Stella_Starwind


MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:28 pm


Heh, no problem.
L'arc~en~Ciel should be very easy to find online.

As for stores, for imports try http://www.yesasia.com and http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/. For some US releases (TMR and L'arc~en~Ciel) try http://www.tofurecords.com
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:33 pm


Don't forget Google!

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer


Stella_Starwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:55 am


Hey I was just wondering...was some in L'arc~en~ciel ever involved in anyway in X Japan..lol if I am wrong just ignore my minds less blatherings..I just thought that someone in L'arc..had been in X Japan at a time?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:25 am


Stella_Starwind
Hey I was just wondering...was some in L'arc~en~ciel ever involved in anyway in X Japan..lol if I am wrong just ignore my minds less blatherings..I just thought that someone in L'arc..had been in X Japan at a time?


I don't think so.

The members of X Japan were Heath, Taiji (left the band and replaced by Heath), Pata (bass), Yoshiki (drums and piano) , Toshi (Vocals), hide (guitar).

I think that's about right. I don't think any of them were involved in L'arc, although I'm probably mistaken ^_^;;;

O Blue Sky Complex


Stella_Starwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:54 am


lol I think I might have been thinking the main singer Hide..from X Japan(the guy that had a solo career for a while and then died a few years ago...I never really did hear just how exactly he died.) lol I could have gottent the two names mixed up cuz I remember at one point in time I had hear of two called Hide and Hyde..didn't really know if they were to different people or just what...lol anyway if I sound even remotely insane just slap me around a few times I will come to eventually.
Kaoru Valentine
Stella_Starwind
Hey I was just wondering...was some in L'arc~en~ciel ever involved in anyway in X Japan..lol if I am wrong just ignore my minds less blatherings..I just thought that someone in L'arc..had been in X Japan at a time?


I don't think so.

The members of X Japan were Heath, Taiji (left the band and replaced by Heath), Pata (bass), Yoshiki (drums and piano) , Toshi (Vocals), hide (guitar).

I think that's about right. I don't think any of them were involved in L'arc, although I'm probably mistaken ^_^;;;
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:33 am


Stella_Starwind
lol I think I might have been thinking the main singer Hide..from X Japan(the guy that had a solo career for a while and then died a few years ago...I never really did hear just how exactly he died.) lol I could have gottent the two names mixed up cuz I remember at one point in time I had hear of two called Hide and Hyde..didn't really know if they were to different people or just what...lol anyway if I sound even remotely insane just slap me around a few times I will come to eventually.
Kaoru Valentine
Stella_Starwind
Hey I was just wondering...was some in L'arc~en~ciel ever involved in anyway in X Japan..lol if I am wrong just ignore my minds less blatherings..I just thought that someone in L'arc..had been in X Japan at a time?


I don't think so.

The members of X Japan were Heath, Taiji (left the band and replaced by Heath), Pata (bass), Yoshiki (drums and piano) , Toshi (Vocals), hide (guitar).

I think that's about right. I don't think any of them were involved in L'arc, although I'm probably mistaken ^_^;;;
Uh....you're just kind of mixed up. The vocalist of L'arc is Hyde who is very much alive. Hide played guitar in X Japan, had a solo career and then died from doing something really stupid. Some people think he commited suicide but there are quite a few of us that believe he died while drunk and trying to perform auto-erotic asphixiation.

Also, keep in mind that the pronounciation of Hyde and hide is different. Hyde (In my head I say it like the word hide as in hide-and-seek), but the way to say it is more like "Haidoh". And hide is like "heeday".

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys in L'arc were or are X Japan fans, but they had nothing to do with each other.

Busty Biohazard


Stella_Starwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:28 pm


lol yeah I figured it was the names that got confussed...
Reply
The Official J-Rock Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//