|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:19 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if it isn't, could a moderator of this guild move it to the correct forum for me? Thank you.
Anyways, I have a dice roll contest every week in my guild, and last week no one participated. Nothing too out of the ordinary, as I'm still working on reviving my guild. However, I just got a message from my friend on MSN, with him telling me why he thinks no one participated in the last week. As it turns out, there seems to be a slight coding error. If you try to use the "Roll Dice" or "Random Number" option in (guild) forum posts, it doesn't work properly. I don't know if it's just mine and my friend's computers or what, but I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else was having the same problem.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm
They really, should not have messed with the post settings.... stare
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:43 pm
don't worry a friend of mine had 2 developers post in a fead back fourm 1 said he's going to look into the bug with the post style and the other said there slowly updating the guilds to get it caught up with the rest of the sight. he said slowly because the guilds haven't had a good update for a while and thay can't just do a few tweaks to the code to fix it up
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm
gecloud don't worry a friend of mine had 2 developers post in a fead back fourm 1 said he's going to look into the bug with the post style and the other said there slowly updating the guilds to get it caught up with the rest of the sight. he said slowly because the guilds haven't had a good update for a while and thay can't just do a few tweaks to the code to fix it up Thanks for that bit of info. I think if this option isn't working by tomorrow, I'll send an announcement to my members. Once again, thanks for letting me know :3
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
mamarita generated a random number between
1 and 20 ...
9!
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:00 am
why not try it here and we can see if it works!
Edit- the random number works!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
mamarita rolled 2 6-sided dice:
4, 6
Total: 10 (2-12)
|
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:02 am
let's try the dice game
Edit- the dice game is working here but I did notice that you have to submit to get the actual game loaded, then put in the parameters, like the number of dice, etc and then submit again. That isn't right so the developers need to fix that!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:02 am
Mutilated Sanity I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if it isn't, could a moderator of this guild move it to the correct forum for me? Thank you.
Anyways, I have a dice roll contest every week in my guild, and last week no one participated. Nothing too out of the ordinary, as I'm still working on reviving my guild. However, I just got a message from my friend on MSN, with him telling me why he thinks no one participated in the last week. As it turns out, there seems to be a slight coding error. If you try to use the "Roll Dice" or "Random Number" option in (guild) forum posts, it doesn't work properly. I don't know if it's just mine and my friend's computers or what, but I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else was having the same problem. hmm, this may be related to the upgraded posting editor we pushed out last week. let me go investigate and get back to ya'll next week. smile
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 am
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 pm
being as my guild is a dice basied RPG this completly shuts my guild down for the time being
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:14 am
Tari Death Reaper D_W being as my guild is a dice basied RPG this completly shuts my guild down for the time being gosh, is it still broken? apologies, i've been working to get the guilds stuff certified by our testing ninjas here and haven't had time to look into it. gack.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
diversaurus rolled 4 10-sided dice:
6, 4, 5, 6
Total: 21 (4-40)
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am
Tari Death Reaper D_W being as my guild is a dice basied RPG this completly shuts my guild down for the time being please try again, i just created a test topic with dice rolls and it worked fine.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|