|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:22 am
So my dad was, yes, channel surfing and saw in American Idol a dude singing "Can't Buy Me Love". We stayed there for a bit and came back, with another dude singing "Eleanor Rigby". So we started wondering why it's all the Beatles and found out they were doing this "Lennon/McCartney" tribute. I missed the first two (which, apparantly was The Long & Winding Road and Let It Be) but watched the rest of the show. But I turned the TV off after I saw an overview of everyone's performances.
I found it awesome, 'cept the performance of "Can't Buy Me Love" & "Eleanor Rigby" (especially "Eleanor Rigby"). So I was wonderin' if anyone else watched it and did you find it nice?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:27 pm
i vomited it was horrible, they did this last year and i started crying, i hated it crying
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:18 pm
I hated it terribly. Many of them insulted much of the songs potential. I just hated it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 pm
a week or 2 ago they did the stones i also cried with disgust at that too
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:08 pm
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:20 pm
They've been doing a Lennon/McCartney week for at least two years now. Two years ago, I saw it and thought "oh hey. Thats some good music" so I looked up the Beatles. Thats when I really got into the Beatles.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 pm
it was horrible, not one performance I enjoyed, the worst imo were that Tim boy who sang All my loving and the girl singing across the universe to say the least Dreadful. Theres only been ONE American Idol Beatles cover I loved and that was David Cook's - Day tripper and he was doing a cover of whitesnakes cover.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 pm
 I didn't like it at all. As I was watching it, I felt like I was being stabbed multiple times in the stomach. I'm not a big fan of American Idol, though, I make it a point to watch if it's Lennon/McCartney night. However, it always leaves me disappointed.
Though I agree with Amoreista, David Cook's cover of Day Tripper was pretty sweet.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:16 am
You all seem to like the one David Cook did... Was it really impressive?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:34 am
I liked David Cook's Eleanor Rigby better than Day Tripper.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:52 am
Yeah, they do lennon-McCartney week every american idol. As soon as I saw the picture of john and paul i was all like "YAYYYY!!! ITS LENNON AND MCCARTNEY WEEK" lol. Paul gave a video shoutout to all the contestants at the beggining wishing them good luck. I think the only people that did good was Andrew Garcia that sang "Cant buy me love" and Crystal Bowersox (aka mama sox) that sang "Come together" NOW I want to play the digeriedoo. everyone else (Especially the guy that sang hey jude with the bagpipes I mean WTH?) butchered the songs. You can buy their songs on itunes.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:11 pm
i didn't like the "can't buy me love" one at all. D: especially eleanor rigby. >_< i like the "come together" one that girl sang. ^~^ that digeriedoo kinda matched with her singin' the song with acoustic guitar for me. ^~^
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:17 pm
Didn't watch it. I hear American Idol sucks this year.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 pm
Ditto. But many people are liking 'Tim Urban' so I've a feeling they only watch the show for him. But I don't find him attractive or anythin'. Maybe it's because he looks nothing like Skandar. XD
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|