Owl City has this album called Ocean Eyes and the one song that really caught me was ' Vanilla Twilight"...
for me it talks about someone you care about that's so far away from you and yet you somehow feel a certain closeness due to the memories you kept about that person...
it doesn't have to be a lover's/boyfriend's/girlfriend's separation song you know... it can be a great song to dedicate to someone you really care about, be it friends or family or even a special someone, where they know you truly and really miss them...and remind you about them too from time to time...
here's the lyrics to the song...
The stars lean down to kiss you,
And I lie awake I miss you.
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere.
'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly,
But I'll miss your arms around me.
I'd send a postcard to you dear,
'Cause I wish you were here.
I watch the night turn light blue.
But it's not the same without you,
Because it takes two to whisper quietly,
The silence isn't so bad,
Till I look at my hands and feel sad,
'Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where yours fit perfectly.
I'll find repose in new ways,
Though I haven't slept in two days,
'Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone.
But drenched in Vanilla twilight,
I'll sit on the front porch all night,
Waist deep in thought because when I think of you.
I don't feel so alone.
I don't feel so alone.
I don't feel so alone.
As many times as I blink I'll think of you... tonight.
I'll think of you tonight.
When violet eyes get brighter,
And heavy wings grow lighter,
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again.
And I'll forget the world that I knew,
But I swear I won't forget you,
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past,
I'd whisper in your ear,
Oh darling I wish you were here... blaugh
If you are a Owl City fan join here
The ppl that like owl city should join i do lots of posts
![]() |
|
|||||
|
||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
//
//
//
//
//
Have an account? Login Now!
