Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Menstruation (Period) Subforum -- Any Period/Tampon/Pad/Cycle Questions Go Here!--
MANstrual cycle?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xantil

Hygienic Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 pm


This is completely random, but can a guy experience the effects of menstrual cycles if he is around girls enough? I'm with girls almost 24/7 (not sexually active or anything, just a lot of female friends) and I swear I have some effects of a period. Just curious.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 am


*blank stare* ...... *goes back to my DS* >_>;

Asher2501


LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:17 am


It's not something we understand well yet, and it is something that is still being studied. But it does look like men may experience some PMS-like symptoms.

Some people think the men just pick up on the moods of the women around them. When a friend is in a bad mood, we get in a bad mood too.

Other people think it's more than that. They say testosterone levels may fluctuate and give men a variety of symptoms. Some people are calling it Irritable Male Syndrome, IMS, or male PMS.
http://www.scientificblogging.com/small_world/irritable_male_syndrome
http://www.epigee.org/menstruation/pms.html

Guys also pick up on ovulation, even if they don't realize it consciously. Men are more likely to think ovulating women are attractive.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:54 pm


But I've always had PMS.... Perverted Male Syndrome. *shot*

Asher2501


Jentern

Sparkly Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm


Asher2501
But I've always had PMS.... Perverted Male Syndrome. *shot*


/facepalm
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm


If you guys are just going to spam his thread and not offer any insight or advice, go somewhere else please.


I have noticed that a lot of my male friends tend to pick up when I was PMS'ing or ovulating. They didn't notice it, but I did. They would act very strange, but to them it didn't seem out of the ordinary.

Its more like a sub-conscious thing like picking up on bad vibes, etc. like Lorien said.

Alarmingly Charming

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Her Maserati

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 am


▂▂ ▃▃ ▅▅ ▆▆ ████ ▆▆ ▅▅ ▃▃ ▂▂

It's time to stop the killing
I said it's time to stop the stealing
It's time to stop disrespecting our women.

User Image
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗

I actually do believe that there is PMS for men,
I had a good friend of mine that acted like that
when I was on my period. I knew him for years,
and it finally progressed to him calling me up one
evening, wondering if I had started [we used to talk
about almost everything] because he was very irritable.

I almost laughed my a** off.
And yes, I did.

My boyfriend does get tense, angry, and moody when
Aunt Flo is in town, but I don't know if that's because
we're synchronized or it's because I'm moody.
[/shrug]

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
It's time for us to come home and raise our children
It's time for us, to really mold our communities
It's time for us, not to get hooked up in religion.
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Reply
Menstruation (Period) Subforum -- Any Period/Tampon/Pad/Cycle Questions Go Here!--

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//