Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
Donating Your Ovum Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xenerayx

Versatile Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:59 pm


How does everyone feel about women donating their ovum to couples who cannot conceive? I heard an ad on the radio requesting that women who are interested should contact so and so concerning the donation of their ovum. So immediately I thought, "Hell, why not? I'm never going to use them. Besides, they're gonna pay me two grand per egg!" Hey, what? I'm in college and two grand takes a big chunck out of tuition. So I got online and researched it a bit, found some stuff. But later I thought, if all these people are going to use my eggs, doesn't that equal out as the same thing as me having 10 children? I don't know, what do you guys think?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:07 am


I wouldn't do myself, not even for that much money.

If they're my eggs, then the kids produced are biologically mine. Since I never want to be a mother ever, regardless of the circumstances, I would never do this.

Even if I never actually saw the kid in my life or had any type of contact with it in any way, shape, or form, just knowing that it was biologically related to me would be too much.
I'm childfree because I don't want to be a mother at all. Being a biological mother to some couple's kid would defeat the purpose of that.


Mysterious Brett


High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

Brandon Yamata
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:42 pm


I think it's up to you. If the idea doesn't bother you and you need the money go for it. Personally, I don't think I'd ever donate sperm or anything like that. I don't want to stick some kid with half my sucky genes.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:48 pm


I would have to say that it is up to the individual in question. However, I would personally never donate sperm if I had any knowledge that it was going to be used to create a life. I am not about to allow my own genetics to go unchecked.  


Sensedog


Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,675 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200

[Ernie]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:50 am


I say it's your choice. If you don't mind it, go for it.

I personally would never do it, most likely because I can't empathize with people who are sterile and WANT to have children via natural process. I would GLADLY exchange reproductive organs with a sterile woman if there were no complications of doing that.

To me, it's aggravating that instead of just ADOPTING, people absolutely, positively, must spawn, and I refuse to participate in that kind of thing. But that's me, and not everyone. smile

And, of course, there's the pre-mentioned reason of I-don't-want-my-genes-running-around-under-any-circumstances.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:32 pm


Yes. Well, after the circumstances, I decided to opt out of the donation process after reading the side effects of the verility medication you have to inject daily. "Causes high stress amounts. Patients shoud learn effective meditation techniques and meet with their doctor frequently* Screw that! gonk I've got enough stress already. With all of your responces on top of that, there's no way in hell I'm going to ever do this.

Oh yes. I ended up taking out a loan from the bank. Hooray. I was beginning to feel like a prostitute. Deffinately a bad idea. neutral

xenerayx

Versatile Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100

Umiyuu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:23 pm


Well, one of the reasons I'm cf is because I don't want to pass on my sucky genetic material. So donating my eggs is out of the question.

And, as someone said, I hate the whole "I must birth my CHYULD!"- mentality. Go adopt.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:41 pm


[Ernie]
I say it's your choice. If you don't mind it, go for it.

I personally would never do it, most likely because I can't empathize with people who are sterile and WANT to have children via natural process. I would GLADLY exchange reproductive organs with a sterile woman if there were no complications of doing that.

To me, it's aggravating that instead of just ADOPTING, people absolutely, positively, must spawn, and I refuse to participate in that kind of thing. But that's me, and not everyone. smile

And, of course, there's the pre-mentioned reason of I-don't-want-my-genes-running-around-under-any-circumstances.

Agreed. Even those ads (internet, TV, etc.) promoting "help with fertility" bother me when I see them. I've never been able to understand the mindset of people who want to get knocked up, by any means necessary.

Plus, there's always the remote possibilty that the kid will end up finding out that you're it's biological parent, and come looking for you someday. Slim though the chance may be, it's still possible, and that is something I would never in a million years want to deal with.

dorian greybeard


Mercury Matthew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:58 am


Ahahaha...I'm sterile. xd

And I would never do it. My genes suck.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:24 pm


Do you know what would be cool? If there was a way you could donate sperm and eggs to the places that do stem-cell research. That'd be awesome..

Umiyuu


Freebird4077

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:09 pm


I have mixed feelings about whether I would do it or not.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:07 pm


Umiyuu
Do you know what would be cool? If there was a way you could donate sperm and eggs to the places that do stem-cell research. That'd be awesome..

I'd totally do that. :3

Wait, 2 grand? Count me in! XD; *is female* Can you do it anonymously? They're gonna buy someone's eggs no matter what, so why not? ^^;;

Guacamole-kun


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:09 pm


Hmmmm.... well when money is involved and you are not having the child I think it is ok..... no need to get too uptight. Did the research say that your eggs have to be working in order to get the money?

But otherwise just take the money and pretend like nothing ever happened.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:48 pm


Xander Yamata
Ahahaha...I'm sterile. xd

And I would never do it. My genes suck.
You have sexy genes.

Brandon Yamata
Captain


DangerSqueezit

Tipsy Codger

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:22 pm


Yeah the process of extracting eggs from a female is nasty. That's why ya get paid so much. And why sperm donors don't.

I'm 100% positive no one would want my genes anyway. 3nodding
Reply
The Childfree Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//