Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shift(A Christian Guild)

Back to Guilds

A Christian Guild focused of making friends, having fun, and learning with eachother. 

Tags: Church, Jesus, Christian, Bible, Christ 

Reply Bible Studies, questions, and random scriptues!
What confuses you about the Bible?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japxican
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 pm


Anything about the Bible that just puzzles you? I've got one that some people may struggle with. Why God allows suffering. It makes us stronger and brings us closer to God, for sure. I find it to be a kinda harsh way to bring someone closer to Him. Take Job for example: he lost his family, became sick, took a turn for the worse. Imagine having faith like him. Could you do it? Would you falter?
Sometimes it's hard to wrap my head around how the word of God was passed down through the ages without having flaw. Of course, I do believe every word of the Bible is true, I just accept it. But it's little questions like these that kind of puzzle me...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 pm


God allows suffering because we asked for it.
Honestly, we did, when we sinned, we asked for it.
It's hard to admit, but it is our fault for suffereing, God could stop it, but he loves us to much to take away our free will.
If you had a child of your own, would you take away their free will?

Edith Puthie
Captain

Lunatic


starfishluvsu
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:45 am


God could have stopped suffering, but we choose it confused our fault. But Revalation confuses me. But I bought a mini guide to it so next time I read it, I'll have that handy! biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 pm


Ya, Revelation confuses me, too. Yet it's one of my favourite books in the Bible. The imagery is just fascinating. Star, that guide you're talking about sounds interesting. Where'd you get it?

Japxican
Crew


Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:57 am


Honestly Song of Solomon confuses me. I get that it's a crazy love poem, comparing a woman's beauty to things that were excellent and beyond great during their time, but....it's just confusing as to why that specific content is in the Bible. Where did it come from? It's so completely different from anything else in the Bible that I've ever read...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:32 pm


Apparently, when the Bible was but together, books like Esther and Song of Solomon almost didn't make it in because of certain things about their content. At least that's what I can remember from my Intro to Old Testament class.

Japxican
Crew


renie777

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:14 pm


song of solomon shows how to love someone how to adore your spouse
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:53 pm


Japxican
Apparently, when the Bible was but together, books like Esther and Song of Solomon almost didn't make it in because of certain things about their content. At least that's what I can remember from my Intro to Old Testament class.


i never new esther almost didn't make it into the Bible- why is that?

br2sprout


Japxican
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:18 pm


Because it doesn't mention God, the temple, Jerusalem, or the Law. I think the reason it actually squeaked into the Bible is because it's about God's chosen people.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:01 am


Ester is a very important story, and it is about God even if he is not mentioned. xD
I like Esters story.

Edith Puthie
Captain

Lunatic

Reply
Bible Studies, questions, and random scriptues!

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//