Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply General Discussions..
Half Blood Prince premiere!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lady_narcissa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:57 am


SO as some of you already know, I dressed up as Narcissa Malfoy last night (pics are in my Facebook and MySpace, I’ll be journaling them later in various other places.). I used Mia’s blond wig since Narcissa is “as fair as her sister is dark” according to the description in the books. I used my own cloak and then just some basic black underneath.

I believe that foul stench is.. .. Mudbloods..

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:24 pm


Wow, I love that picture. You look great! Will you put your myspace or Facebook address up so I can see the rest of the pictures?
So how was the movie? Did you love it?

Aluxis


Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:12 pm


Sure Lux!

The myspace is Narcissa@darkmark.com

and the facebook is yume_kai17@yahoo.com

BTW, incase you did not know yet, me and Narcissa are the same person. I keep my RP mules separate from myself. Helps me keep things straight in my head.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:07 pm


Found you, and sent you some friend requests. xd

No, I didn't know that but now that I do it does make sense

Aluxis


Daisy Halloway

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:18 pm


I don't want to say too much about the movie as to not spoil it for those still going to see it, but I wanted to give special props to Tom Felton on his portrayal of Draco. Up til now we have only seen small pieces of Draco in the movies and I have thought that Tom Felton has done a very good job with the character, however he was outstanding in the half blood prince. He conveyed the arrogance of a Malfoy and yet the angst of his pending task brilliantly.

Maybe it is because I RP Draco but I paid very close attention to his portrayal of the character and in my opinion he was spot on! Well done Tom Felton!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 pm


Daisy Halloway
I don't want to say too much about the movie as to not spoil it for those still going to see it, but I wanted to give special props to Tom Felton on his portrayal of Draco. Up til now we have only seen small pieces of Draco in the movies and I have thought that Tom Felton has done a very good job with the character, however he was outstanding in the half blood prince. He conveyed the arrogance of a Malfoy and yet the angst of his pending task brilliantly.

Maybe it is because I RP Draco but I paid very close attention to his portrayal of the character and in my opinion he was spot on! Well done Tom Felton!!!!


I must agree 100%. I have made that comment several times myself today about his amazing acting skills and how he balanced the role to probably perfection.

Jedi Master Yume


Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:33 pm


Daisy Halloway
I don't want to say too much about the movie as to not spoil it for those still going to see it, but I wanted to give special props to Tom Felton on his portrayal of Draco. Up til now we have only seen small pieces of Draco in the movies and I have thought that Tom Felton has done a very good job with the character, however he was outstanding in the half blood prince. He conveyed the arrogance of a Malfoy and yet the angst of his pending task brilliantly.

Maybe it is because I RP Draco but I paid very close attention to his portrayal of the character and in my opinion he was spot on! Well done Tom Felton!!!!


503/126

I wanted to add that Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) did an amazing job as well. He has always done Snape with remarkable brilliance, but I dare say he did an even better job if that is possible. He and Tom Felton were the breakthrough performers of this movie.

I must add that Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) had fantastic comedy abilities. Someone give that boy a comedy movie series when this is over. I would pay to watch him do anything -he cracks me up so much. He is a real natural.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:43 pm


Well I'm glad to hear that. I knew Tom was going to have a bigger part and was wondering how he would do. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully in the next day or so I can go. So I'm glad to hear that he did so well. I'll definately be watching him.

Yume, I know I love Rickman as Snape. I really can't think of anyone else who could do that part as well as him. I remember I was so excited when the first movie came out and I heard he was playing that part.

Aluxis


Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 pm


Aluxis
Well I'm glad to hear that. I knew Tom was going to have a bigger part and was wondering how he would do. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully in the next day or so I can go. So I'm glad to hear that he did so well. I'll definately be watching him.

Yume, I know I love Rickman as Snape. I really can't think of anyone else who could do that part as well as him. I remember I was so excited when the first movie came out and I heard he was playing that part.


He is the embodiment of that role. Nobody else could do what he does.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:48 am


Finaly got to go see it last night and I loved it! So great.Little disappointed about Snape's part, I thought he should have had a bigger part then what he did. I think Bella actually got more screen time then him. Was suprised but enjoyed how funny they made Ron and Lavender. Enjoyed Luna. She is always great so happy to see a bit more of her then I expected. Absolutely Loved Draco. So snobby and mean and yet so vulnerable and sad. I just wanted to hug him every time he was on screen. Sorry Yume but I was a little dissapointed in the actress playing Cissa. Her acting skills were ok but I dunno, just didn't really like her. I think maybe it was how old they made her look. But yeah, all in all LOVE!

Aluxis


Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:38 am


Okay since all of us who seem to haunt this thread have now seen th emovie, I am going to post my "real" review. I did it in my LJ. I will post it here too. It is longer, but it addresses more issues (such as CISSY! gonk )



HBP review – minor movie spoilers. (If you read the books then I suppose there are no spoilers)
Jul. 16th, 2009 at 9:20 AM

SO let’s be honest, book to screen is never perfect. It can’t be. Things must be left out. There is just no other way. I would imagine that being the person who makes the decision of what to include and what to forgo must be very difficult and stressful. That being said, I believe they did a good job on making those decisions for this movie. I tried to view the movie without being a booksnob sut sometimes it is hard. Sometimes my book memories overpowered the screen. I did try to take it for what it was worth though.

Oh yeah and I wish Lucius would have been in there (more than a picture) but he wasn't and that's nobodies fault - just how the book was written. But that's okay.. my Luci-poo will be back for movies 7!! ^_^


Would I like to have seen more flashbacks? You better believe it. Did I think they had too much Won-Won action? No way! I think they really did a good job balancing everything they could. We have a time schedule with a ton of story to tell. Cuts have to be made. 3 chapters sometimes have to be combined into 4 minutes. Still, they made it work. They did it well.

Before I go on to glow about it.. because I loved it almost completely..i want to get a gripe out of the way and then I will start the good stuff.

Now.. about Narcissa.. * sigh* Helen McCrory (again, not sure of spelling) is a good actress. I am not knocking her and I do not mean to make this be about looks. I don’t. But let’s be honest.. she looks older than the lady playing Bellatrix. She is only 2 years older than I am (in real life) but I believe she looks 10 years older than we are. Again I am sorry to be so shallow but roll with me on this. Narcissa is supposed to be the baby of the 3 sisters. Why does she look older than Bella? Cissy is the youngest. She clearly did not look it. Maybe it was bad makeup. (Again, I mean no disrespect to the actress in the least.) Now, I must say I thought she did fine acting the part - a snobby stuck up woman desperately worried over her sons safety. She nailed it. She just looked too out of place for me. I was glad to see Narcissa on the screen though and I look forward to her next appearances in movies #7. I just had to state for the record about the way they made her look.

Now, onto the good stuff!

Weasleys Wizard Wheezes .. thank you for this scene! In my mind it was never that much fun. It was a cool store in my brain, but the movie gave me something a hundred times cooler than anything I had ever dreamed up. YAY! I loved it!

There is a scene not from the book that I absolutely 100% loved. I told someone I was going to go home and put it into the book! The scene where Bella is running through the fields singing her tormenting song – holy cow how was that not in the book? (No offense to JK. She did a brilliant book, I am just saying –that scene was freakin WIN!) I loved the scene a lot.

The funeral was not in the movie. However, I must admit that the lighting of the wands was spectacular. It brought a quiet peace and finality to the passing of a great wizard.

The battle at Hogwarts, honestly, didn’t miss it in the least. I’ll wait for the epic one in 7 where Neville Longbottom is the most badass wizard on school grounds. ^_^

I think the girl who played Lavender Brown was cast perfectly. She embodied everything I imagined. She was cute, spunky, and annoying. I applaud her casting. I was a fan of the humor of her and Ron in the movies, and I believe she brought it to the screen in a really great way.

I did imagine the bird scene a little differently. I guess to me Hermione exploded more than the quiet rage we saw in the movie. Oh it was a good scene in the movie, don’t get me wrong.. just not what I imagined AT ALL. I am not knocking it, but it was different and I was disappointed. (But let’s be honest, we all read scenes differently.)

The guy who played McLaggan (is that how you spell it? I’m at work, not gonna bother to look it up.) was damn cute. He only had a few scenes but he did maximize the screen when he was there. He had good presence. He really belongs on camera. He knew how to command the scene to his attention.

Did anyone notice Blaise? Holy cow that boy was cute too. More scenes please. (Shallow moment there – I am allowed those.)

I wanted to add that Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) did an amazing job as well. He has always done Snape with remarkable brilliance, but I dare say he did an even better job if that is possible. Snape is one of the best characters in the series and Mr Rickman channels him perfectly. This movie was no exception. He seemed to have reached and even deeper level with Severus and really brings that edge of good guy/bad guy. You just never know. He and Tom Felton were the breakthrough performers of this movie.

Speaking of Tom.. what a remarkable young man he has become. Draco has grown from a whiney sniveling brat into a proud, and yet, scared young man. Tom made us feel all of that. He brought a level of fear to Draco that was so real. I truly bought every ounce of his acting. I wanted to cry with him in the bathroom. I wanted to cry when he was trying to kill Dumbledore. Draco looked like he didn’t want to do what the Dark Lord ordered him to, but that he had no choice. You could see and feel his conflict. He broke my heart.

I must add that Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has fantastic comedy abilities. Someone give that boy a comedy movie series when this is over. I would pay to watch him do anything -he cracks me up so much. He is a real natural.

Overall I will say this is right up there with Goblet of Fire which is my fav adaptation. After I watch HBP a few more times I might have more opinions, but for now this is what I have. I do recommend it. Of all my HP friends I only have one who has not liked it.. and he absolutely hated it. But he is 1. We are many. Overall, it is a positive response.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:26 am


Wow, see I knew I liked you...everything you said I thought the same thing. Amazing how great minds think alike.

I will add that although they are not my favorite paring, I was a little dissapointed in how little they showed of Harry and Ginny. This was where they were supposed to finally get together and all we get is one little kiss. Oh well.

I will also admit that while I really did not care for Slugghorn's character in the books, the actor that portrayed him, (no clue what his name is and too lazy to look it up right now) played the part wonderfuly and actually made him a bit endearing without loosing some of his more repulsive faults.

I did so love the Weasly twins and do agree with your oppinion on their shop. I never imagined it that cool! That was a truely awsome set! Through I do wish they hadn't cut their hair. I thought it looked so much better in GoF, their characters seem more the long hair type to me instead of super short.

I will say I was greatly dissapointed in the make up crew for this film. Thinking over it, there were a lot of characters that I think that they just failed. Now, I know it does depend on what you have to work with but I also know that there are amazing things you can do with movie make up. I was dissapointed with Narcissa's make up, as we have mentioned before but I was also shocked to see Prof. McGonagall. I know Maggie Smith is getting up there but she looked like she had no make up on at all! She looked so old and pale! It was like the Mummy returns! She looked so much better in the pictures I've seen of her at the premier. Ron also got cheated a bit too. There were a few scenes where he looked way to old for the age he was supposed to be. So yeah, loved the movie but they needed a better make up crew.

Aluxis

Reply
General Discussions..

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//