Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dragonball Z
DBZ Pun Names Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What was Akira Toriyama thinking about these names
I know (post on thread)
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
I have no ideal
59%
 59%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 27


PROJECT NOVA

3,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:48 am


[ Message temporarily off-line ]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:30 am


My favorite games is an awesome site! I always go there.

TidusJr


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:13 am


» Bulla = A Bra


Her name IS Bra. So the pun is already obvious. FUNi thought up that STUPID name.

And Pan also is a pun on the devil. (I was into horror when I was little) Just look on Google: http://images.google.com/images?q=pan&hl=nl&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

Frieza = Freezer or Freezing

Freezer is also Frieza's japanese name. ^^
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:39 am


Just to keep myself from eating my hand...
In the Musical Instrument section, the name "Cymbol" is spelled like "Cymbal" (I saw it on the TV show), those things you crash together (usually in a band).
I just HAD to say it, I'm a spell freak. xd

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist


natzorz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:50 am


i could have sworn that buu's name ment like when after you eat..you say buu..kinda like you're full.. thats what i thought it was... sweatdrop am i wrong...?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:14 am


No Buu is from a pun from Disney in Cinderella (I don't really know the english name since that is called differently here), it's a spel a good witch (o.o;?) uses: Bibidi, Babidi, Boo. xp

MikoBura
Vice Captain


Altair Kaosu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:59 am


I was pretty sure that 'Bardock' is a pun off 'burdock', also a root vegetable. Google is my friend...

Burdock root
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:32 pm


MikoBura
No Buu is from a pun from Disney in Cinderella (I don't really know the english name since that is called differently here), it's a spel a good witch (o.o;?) uses: Bibidi, Babidi, Boo. xp

Bibadi, Babidi, Buu. My father actually figured that out before I did... sweatdrop

TidusJr


My Ch3m1cal R0manc3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:17 pm


tidusjr
MikoBura
No Buu is from a pun from Disney in Cinderella (I don't really know the english name since that is called differently here), it's a spel a good witch (o.o;?) uses: Bibidi, Babidi, Boo. xp

Bibadi, Babidi, Buu. My father actually figured that out before I did... sweatdrop
Thats sad.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:27 pm


I really love how Akira picked all those funky names xd heart

Gingivitis


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:16 am


Yeah... The Saiyajin versus the Tsufurujin us actually the vegetables versus the fruit... XD Ha.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:31 pm


xd

Gingivitis


SYFFER
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:46 pm


I think that Toriyama either had a food obsession or was extremely hungry when he thought up DBZ xd
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:33 am


I know I seen those before in beckett Dbz magazine

bourcier700


Taaron Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:33 pm


Nooo!!! Videl is not a devil!!! Videl is awesome!!!
Reply
Dragonball Z

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//