|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:55 pm
For those that have seen the movie, how do you think our former Cedric did as a vampire?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:07 am
I think the actor who portrayed our beloved Ced did remarkable as Edward.
I have some opinions about the whole "Vampire" thing since they were like some alternate universe Vampires. (Really, who sparkles? Seriously.. sparkling?) ANyhow, I have read all the books - hungrily I might add - and I think Rob did amazing work as Edward Cullen. He truly embodied the tormented twisted mind. He could go from charming to psychotic in one flash of his eyes. The way he seemed so tortured by her presence, and yet unable to even look away from her - it just really brought Edward to life.
I was actually an Edward hater up until ... well I won't say until I know everyone has read the books because I don't want to spoil it. However, it took me more than half the books to be an Edward fan, but the way Rob portrayed him almost made me forget how much I dislike Edward.
Never once did I look at the screen and see Cedric - I only saw Edward. That is a real statement about Rob Pattinson.
Oh and by the way... I wanna punch people who say Edward was a Huffie! OMFG!!!!!!!! No he wasn't! scream And Voldemort didn't kill Ced and turn him into Edward. burning_eyes
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:29 pm
I totally agree with Cass, I think Rob did an outstanding job portraying Edward. I actually think he did a better portrayal of the character than what Stephanie Meyer described in the book. While reading the books I wasn't a big Edward fan either (until book 3). I liked him a lot better in book 1 after seeing the movie all thanks to Rob's interpretation of the character. I am very excited about the production of New Moon and can't wait for it to come out. biggrin
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:19 pm
Cass Halloway And Voldemort didn't kill Ced and turn him into Edward. burning_eyes Lol, that's one I haven't heard yet. I think he did great as Edward too. I think most of the cast was pretty dead on to character. I not really an Edward girl either. I'm more of a Jasper girl. I'm looking forward to New Moon too, though I'm a little curious about how they'll do the werewolve transformations. No offense cause POA was probably my favorite HP movie, but I really didn't like how they did Prof. Lupin's transformation. I'm hoping theirs will be a little bit better.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:24 am
Aluxis I'm more of a Jasper girl. ME too!!! I am totally a Jasper girl. He has been my fav since book one. Go team Jasper!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:11 am
heart I love Carlisle. heart
I didn't like the Werewolf for Professor Lupin either. I think they did it horribly.
Lux are you on Facebook? They have a ton of flair on there about "Avada Cadavra just turns you into a hot Vampire. Great plan Voldy!" or "Cedric died and came back as Edward." or Merlin help me... "Edward was a Hufflepuff". gonk It makes me insane!
You have to be so careful crossing fandoms - and that one can not be crossed. Maybe if Edward had a secret past like Alice and could domagic.. THEN I could see the curiousity of the changing - but Edward has a distinct history so the crossing fandom fails!
Although to be honest I like to giggle that Jacob Black is Sirius Black and Remus Lupins love child. I mean, he is a Werewolf and his last name is black.. yeah.. totally their love child. xd Okay not really, but still, a girl can giggle.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:38 am
Before I continue, yes, I have read all four books. I would love to rip apart Twilight for having such pansy Vampires, all the people in the Cullen house are emo except Emmet and Alice, but I won't. You girls love your Twilight and who am I offend such lovely ladies? I will admit this though: I have such a man-crush on James. Now that Vampire knew how to rock it. He had a thirst, and skills, and such a sensual need to toy with his food. Don't even get me started on that body of his. I think straight men everywhere, whether they admit it or not, are checking out James.  I can't help but wonder if he and Edward used to have a thing. Think about it, he was instantly upset and vengeful against Edward. Oh sure Edward played it off as basically "Oh, it's just a macho challenge thing." but come on, really think about how enraged James was. Not to mention, the tension between them was so deep. That does not happen overnight. And look at that intimate rage between them. I just see so much more than what we were lead to believe. I know fangirls all over will want to kill me now for suggesting such a thing - I'm just offering food for thought. I never did address the Edward/Cedric thing did I? Well, I think he showed his acting skills further in Twilight. Cedric had only a few parts to play so we did not get a lot of exposure towhat Robert Pattinson can truly do. In Twilight we got to see some emo, angry, sexy, and playful sides. Bravo to Robert. On a completely side note: Emmett reminds me of Darmok now that I think about it. Always cutting up, playful, edging for a fight. You all mostly have only seen Darmoks emo side in LA, but he is a cut up most of the time. Note: I would so hook up with Rosalie.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:26 am
Daisy Halloway Aluxis I'm more of a Jasper girl. ME too!!! I am totally a Jasper girl. He has been my fav since book one. Go team Jasper! You both love a man who can't blink. rofl Let me addthis to me comments too though: Jasper was an officer in the military. I respect that so completely. As a former military man myself, I respect that more than you know.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:28 am
Cass Halloway heart I love Carlisle. heart You love those daddy figures don't you? *hugs for Cass*
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:31 am
RPatz = perfect Edward! Nobody else could have done it better.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:45 am
Jasper is going to be Sokka in Avatar when it is a live action movie. Sweet!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:08 pm
@ Cass-- No, no Face Book, Myspace or anything like that for me. So I don't hear the silly little things like that. Though I do agree, the Sirius + Lupin = Jacob is a little funny.
@ Ryder -- Wow. I'm always impressed when a guy has read the books, even just one of them because they are deffinately chick books. And I wont rag you at all about James, cause he was a hot bad boy. And your suggestion about him and Edward is amusing and thought provoking. It made me smile and then go Hmm? You were in the military? That's very cool. What branch?
@ xxShockadelicaXX -- I was for Emmette at first too, but then you got to see Jasper more and he moved into the top for me with Emmette right behind. I do love the charactr though. He always makes me smile. I wish they had shown more of him in the books.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:58 pm
I have to admit, I tried to watch the movie. From what people told me, it was almost exactly like the book. It made me want to stay away from the book even further. I'm sorry, I know all you girls like it and all, but to me, the book is just too teen-drama-ie.
One thing I could never understand. Why would someone well over even a hundred years old ever fall for a teenager? Especially a teenager as loony as Bella? Just take away the fact that he looks like a teenager. His intellect and wisdom is that of beyond a grown man. Why go to high school? For that reason alone, teen vamp books really just never do it for me.
Now go back to Interview With the Vampire and that book makes mroe sense to me. Even in the movie, Claudia actually seemed like a fully grown woman trapped in the body of a child. I'm not saying that Edward should act as if he's trapped in his body since he at least didn't look like an 8-year old, but honestly, in my eyes at least, there's gotta be better interests and places to go than high school and falling for high school girls, no matter how they smell.
I also agree with the sparkling. I can't stand it. I didn't like the no fangs thing either and the fact that their werewolves turn into wolves but the size of horses???
I would so rather have either a Star Wars marathon, a Die Hard marathon, or watch every episode of Angel there ever existed within a few days than spend more time watching Twilight. I'm a big action fan and I thought Angel's story was better.
As for Rob, I will admit, for being in a bad movie(in my opinion only mind you), he was a great actor. He pulled off the role well I admit. I prefer his portrayal of Cedric ten times better though. Also, the guy that played James was a great actor as well. he only part I liked about the movie was the fight scene between Ed and James, and that, although good, was extremely short-lived.
I don't want anyone to think, I'm nothing more than an action nut, brute though. I like good acting. Like I said, Rob and the dude that played James played their roles extremely well. Still, for me, the movie as well as everything I've heard and read from the books, just did not, nor can ever really do it for me.
I prefer Interview With the Vampire, the Darkangel Trilogy, and Bram Stoker's Dracula. I also think Stephanie Meyer couldn't hold a candle to J.K. Rowling writing.
Sorry if I offend, but it is my honest opinion. I love you guys still! sweatdrop
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:35 pm
Not at all Gabriel, like I said, it is a chick book. That's why I put off reading it for so long. The first time I heard about it I thought it sounded like a bad teen romance novel. Not my kind of book at all. But a few friends of mine brow beat me into reading it and though it's not my usual type of book and there are some parts that make me want to roll my eyes I do like it. I did feel really bad though cause I dragged my brother with me to see the movie (my mom still has issues about me going anywhere by myself at night so it was more to appease her). I figured they'd beef up the action cause guys would get forced to watch it, so it wouldnt' be that bad of a chick flick......yeah, about 2 minutes into the film I turned to my bro and appologized cause I was totaly forcing him to watch a chick flick. I enjoyed it, but the only thing he liked was the tiny fight scene and when Charlie and Billy (Bella and Jake's dads) were goofing around. I do agree that the whole sparkling thing is just weird. And there is no comparison between her and Jk. I mean Jk created an entire world! That and she got a word she made up (muggle) into the dictionary! Hard to compete with that.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:28 pm
The following comments are about Twilight, not about Robert.
Stephanie does not equal JK. That's just a no-brainer.
The book is terrible. Sorry to say it but I am not sure how she even got published. Now, having said that - I couldn't put it down. I was so freakin drawn in. The whole time I read it I knew it was horrible.. but I could not stop. It was like a book drug. I literally just couldn't stop and I knew it was bad for me. I am not ashamed I read all 4 books - but I wish to Merlin i had a reasonable explanation for why I did.
The sparkling was hard for me. The no fangs was hard for me. But the worse thing of all was Edward. I said it before and I said it again - I did not like Edward. Now by the end of the books I did.. but look what all we had to go through to get there.
He is over a hundred and a virgin. As Rob himself says - "needless to say, he has some issues." Also, Edward is a domestic abuse case waiting to happen. He stalked Bella.. alot! he had her kidnapped. He emotionally abused her with all his mind games. Etc etc etc.
Now.. Bella is pathetic. She is needy and whiney and clingy. She is the most desperate character in recent literature. I despise Bella. Not because she got Edward (she can have him). I despise her because she makes girls look really bad.
I keep reading all these flair that say things like "I'll be Bella if you'll be Edward" or "I made my boyfriend read Twilight so he would be a better boyfriend" or "Forget Prince Charming - I'm waiting on Edward" etc. Honestly is this healthy? You really think having you kidnapped is love? You think a man telling you who you can and cannot be friends with is love? That's obsessive controlling. It worries me that girls think this is what a guy should be like.
I know it is fiction and maybe I am being preachy. I know fictional boys are always a little different than real boys. But even with the whole vampire thing aside,. Edward Cullen is a dangerous ideal for young girls to hope for.
Jacob was kind and understanding and patient and unconditional. That's the guy girls should be looking for. This is not a Werewolf/Vampire thing - I mean as far as personalities go.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|