Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Psychology Ward
Debate: Temporary Insanity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have Some Gold!
Thanks!
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6


Carnivorous Bytes
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:04 am


We Must Be The Change…

Temporary insanity has been outlawed in some states in the US. That is: you can no longer plead to a judge that you were temporarily under the influence of a mental flaw. Before, pleading TI would give you a lesser charge. Do you agree with outlawing it?


…We Wish To See
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:13 am


I don't agree with outlawing it, I simply disagree with how they allow people to plead it. You can't blow someone's brains out, go "Oh s**t, what've I done" and then expect to get out of things for being temporarily insane. Insanity itself is a political term, and has no place coming from a psychologists mouth. Bad me! Bad!

I don't know the details on being qualified for temporary insanity, but I think some form of analysis needs to take place. As far as the word "insane" goes, I think the entire country is insane. Politics could say red is blue, give twenty thousand reasons why, and have a petition signed by twenty thousand well-paid applicants, and that still wouldn't make red actually blue.

...Can anyone tell I have no faith in the Judicial system? mrgreen

Seto_Hayashi
Crew


Carnivorous Bytes
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am


We Must Be The Change…

I think I've got the message, and you are correct 'insane' is a law term, not a psychology term. I only use it when I am referring to law and, since you and I are talking about law, I think that the psychology gods forgive us for using the term.

I think that, in some cases, people do actually go 'insane' ((sorry sweatdrop )) and should be sentenced to counciling to deal with this problem instead of jail, where it could stay strong or even worsen. However, in order for the judge to know that it's not just some criminal who wants to get out of a sentence, I think that they should have a psychologist/psychiatrist prove the person was not in their right mind.


…We Wish To See
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 am


...this is a crappy debate. We agree too much! XD

Seto_Hayashi
Crew


Carnivorous Bytes
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:31 am


We Must Be The Change…

You're right...Someone has to come disagree with us!!! Anybody???


…We Wish To See
Reply
Psychology Ward

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//