To some of you, this will be a no-brainer and you will be saying to your computer screen "Cyber, you idiot, I've known this since I was 2 years-old." For those of you who say that, seek professional help: 2 year-old children should not know that Sir Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. As always, no flaming. I'm huge on that, in case you didn't read the rules. And, for those of you who are just skimming, I'll make it bold so that you see it: NO FLAMING!!!
Some Random (semi)Useless Knowledge You Should Know About Medicine:
• Sir Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. ((Lawl.))
• CT scans and MRI's DO have differences:
CT Scan: Computed Tomography. Produces a 3-D image of the object/body part that is being graphed. Generally used to create pictures for diagnosis in the chest, extremities, Pulmonary Arteries, Abdominal/Pelvic areas, and Cardio.
MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Especially useful for neurological, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, and oncological imaging, this machine gives radiologists a visual of the function of the body.
• STI's: Sexually Transmitted Infections. There are 2 types: Viral and Bacterial.
•For Bacterial STI's, suggested treatment would be antibiotics.
List of Some Bacterial STI's:
~Bacterial Vaginosis
~Chlamydia
~Gonorrhea
~Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
~Syphilis
~Trichomoniasis
~Urinary Tract Infection(also referred to as Cystitis)
~Yeast Infection(only present in females)
• For Viral STI's, there is no modern way for these to be completely cured, but there are treatments(differing depending on the infection) that can reduce symptoms and risk of passing it on to a sexual partner.
List of Some Viral STI's
~AIDS/HIV
~Genital Herpes
~Hepatitis B
~HPV(Genital Warts)
~Molluscum Contagiosum
I know that I only really touched on a little bit of medicine; mostly STI's((Why? I'm not sure...)). I'm probably going to add onto this sooner or later, so check in every so often! 4laugh
Some Random (semi)Useless Knowledge You Should Know About Medicine:
• Sir Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. ((Lawl.))
• CT scans and MRI's DO have differences:
CT Scan: Computed Tomography. Produces a 3-D image of the object/body part that is being graphed. Generally used to create pictures for diagnosis in the chest, extremities, Pulmonary Arteries, Abdominal/Pelvic areas, and Cardio.
MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Especially useful for neurological, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, and oncological imaging, this machine gives radiologists a visual of the function of the body.
• STI's: Sexually Transmitted Infections. There are 2 types: Viral and Bacterial.
•For Bacterial STI's, suggested treatment would be antibiotics.
List of Some Bacterial STI's:
~Bacterial Vaginosis
~Chlamydia
~Gonorrhea
~Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
~Syphilis
~Trichomoniasis
~Urinary Tract Infection(also referred to as Cystitis)
~Yeast Infection(only present in females)
• For Viral STI's, there is no modern way for these to be completely cured, but there are treatments(differing depending on the infection) that can reduce symptoms and risk of passing it on to a sexual partner.
List of Some Viral STI's
~AIDS/HIV
~Genital Herpes
~Hepatitis B
~HPV(Genital Warts)
~Molluscum Contagiosum
I know that I only really touched on a little bit of medicine; mostly STI's((Why? I'm not sure...)). I'm probably going to add onto this sooner or later, so check in every so often! 4laugh
…We Wish To See
