I have edited my application to show the 'quick' answer to each question more easily. Typos have been corrected (as far as I can see). Actual content has not been changed, so you don't have to reread it. I just thought I'd show the simple answer to each question in bold so you don't have to search through all my ramblings to find it. I hope it'll be easier to read this way.
|1|Username: Toonlass
|2| Are you male, female, transgenderd, or otherwise? Take a moment to check. I am female!
|3|Who is your favorite character from the books? Remus! I loved him even before we were told that he was a werewolf. (Seriously, though, his name practically begs for him to be a werewolf!) The fact that he deals with his transformations by himself and disappears for a few days on either side of a full moon shows that he cares about people and doesn't want to hurt them. It's sad that he doesn't hold himself to the same standards as the people around him hold him do. He was a great mentor to Harry, made the third book very interesting, and reminds me a bit of myself for some odd reason.
|4|Who is your least favorite character from the books? Filch is such a nasty, nosy, annoying man! He likes to make the students' lives hard just because they can do magic while he can't. Between him and that nasty cat of his, any student can, and most likely will, get into trouble for something as trivial as leaving a door ajar. Oh, yes, I wouldn't but it past him to punish that. By the side, has anybody ever really taken the time to read through that massive list of things you're not allowed to have in the school? It's rubbish!
|5|Describe in your own words the qualities of each house: Griffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
Gryffindor: Brave, stubborn, and ambitious, a Gryffindor is a leader. He loves competition and works well in groups or teams. Too many leaders can be a bad thing, though, and that stubbornness will shine through in an event like that.
Ravenclaw: Smart, inquisitive, and curious, a Ravenclaw loves to learn. Whether it's a specific subject, or just knowledge in general, he always wants more. He can be a bit of a gossip because of his desire to learn. He sometimes has trouble making friends outside his house.
Hufflepuff: Loyal, hard working, and trustworthy, a Hufflepuff is hard to describe. This is the house where people who don't quite fit in the others can be sorted. A Hufflepuff can be eccentric. He is a hard worker and always has something to prove.
Slythern: Cunning, witty, and determined, a Slytherin knows what he wants and how to get it. He likes to have his way, and doesn't always think of how his actions will hurt the people around him. He likes to be in control and is always on the look-out for power.
I think that Gryffindor and Slytherin are related to each other more than any other two houses.
|6|Which of the twelve classes discussed in the seven Harry Potter books do you find most interesting/enjoyable? I like Transfiguration, Charms, and Potions the best.
Wouldn't it be great to be able to turn your nasty, burnt hamburger into a thick, succulent steak?
Wouldn't you love to do house work without leaving the couch?
Wouldn't it be beneficial to be able to create medicines as you need them, instead of having to buy them all the time?
My mouth is watering just thinking of the possibilities!
My favorite would have to be Potions, despite Snape's, erm, unpleasant disposition. I love science, chemistry being my best class, so I think that Potions would be easier for me than most people.
|7| Cats, toads, and owls are the only pets allowed at Hogwarts. Which do you choose to bring? I would bring my cat. Toads are so nerdy anymore, and the school has owls to use for sending letters. I love that cats have their own personality, and they're better than toads because you can play with them, you can pet them without getting grossed out, and they don't have to be confined to a cage by the bed. Cats are better than owls because they can live indoors and outdoors, they can sit in your lap without having their claws digging into your legs, and their fur is so much softer than owls' feathers. Cats are independent, so you don't have to be around them all day just to make sure they're okay, and you have to earn their affection: they aren't blindly loyal.
|8| Which of the seven Harry Potter books is your favorite? Least favorite?
Favorite: Prisoner of Azkaban. I love POA, and my copy is in bad condition because of all the times I've read it and all the bookmarks I have for my favorite passages (mostly ones that involve Remus). It has the best story line and is an excellent mystery. It also sets up important background information for the rest of the series without getting boring. My absolute favorite thing about POA, though: REMUS LUPIN! I love him! I was pissed when... SPOILER ALERT!
he was mercilessly and unnecessarily murdered. I actually screamed and threw the book down when I read that one sentence. His (and Tonks') death was casually mentioned as an afterthought, almost. Everybody was so emotional over the twins, and then, oh yeah, that one guy who was always nice to Harry and made school bearable for him, you remember him? yeah he died too, but OMG! THE TWINS! Don't give that man a second glance, boy! He wasn't important to the story line at all!
Ranting over now.
Least favorite: Goblet of Fire. It was quite boring to me at times. I've read it through once, but I get bored with it every time I pick it up again. It doesn't seem to have as good a plot as I had hoped for.
|9| There are various special power, or special items in he Harry Potter Verse, such as Animagi, Metamorphmagi, The Invisibility Cloak, Polyjuice Potion, etc. Which would you want the most? I would have to go with Animagi. I'd become a red tailed hawk because I love them. I first learned about them through the Animorphs books, and Tobias was alway my favorite character. They're such majestic and beautiful birds. I found one on my property (my family owns 30 acres of mostly wooded land) and was so excited I was shaking. It had a broken wing, but its eyes were piercing. Did you know that red tailed hawks have startlingly blue eyes? But I digress... Animagi, red tailed hawk, awesomeness.
|10|You find a diary that has been left on a table in your common room. What do you do? I'd read the first page to find out who it belongs to. If it's that jerk who never leaves me alone, I'll throw it by the fire... maybe it'll burn. If it's the boy that I love, I'd be tempted to read it to see if he feels the same, but I'd probably run it up to his bed so he has it back mysteriously. I like doing things like that. If it's anybody else's, I'd either give it to them without reading it or put it with their stuff, but do so conspicuously.
|11|You are walking to the Great Hall one morning for a spot of breakfast. As you are walking you see that someone has written a bit of nasty graffiti about a house that is not your own. You know who did it, and no one else does. What do you do? Get out of there as fast as possible! What if Filch thinks I did it because I was in the area? If I see that Head of House before I eat, I'll tell them. Otherwise, I'll eat quickly and then tell the head of House what I saw and who I think did it. They need to be punished.
|12| If you were caught in a burning building, and you could only save one friend or 10 strangers, which would you choose? I would save my friend and yell for the others to follow us. Life without my friend would suck, and the strangers, while they'd be happy that I saved them, would most likely go on with their lives as they were before. I'd also never be able to face myself knowing that I essentially killed my friend by leaving him behind.
|13|List five personality traits that describe you, good or bad. Eccentric, stubborn, creative, random, intelligent.
I'm an ENTP, if that helps. You know, the Myers-Briggs/Jung Personalities... Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving. Oops, I guess that was nine. rolleyes
|14|If you looked into the Mirror of Erised right now, what would you see? I would see myself on a stage with some bandmates, records of ours being sold at the door, and lots of fans singing the songs back at us as we play them. Yeah, that's what I want!
|15|If you saw a Boggart right now, what would it look like? I don't know. My biggest fear isn't a physical thing. I guess it would be everybody I know finding out what I really think about everything and everyone. That scares me to death! My thoughts are personal, and I don't like it at all when people try to make my talk about them. Most people wouldn't understand, anyway. I think more with reason than emotion, and more in general thoughts than specific. It's hard to express my opinion without accidentally alienating somebody.
|16|Where do you see yourself in five years? In Ten? I see myself just finishing college and starting a band in five years. It would be me on piano, a bass, drums, and probably a guitar, too.
In ten years, my band will have a huge, loyal following, and whether we have songs on the radio or not, it will be worth it because we're playing for ourselves and our audience, not the music industry. I don't want to be a one-hit wonder; I'd rather not have any hits and have a dedicated following than have one or a few hits and a lot of teenagers coming to concerts just to hear one song.
|17|What are your favorite things to do while on Gaia? Chat, stalk the forums, and *cough, cough* make Gold.
|18| What is/was your favorite thing about school? Your least favorite thing?
Favorite: Band class. Yeah, I'm considered a band geek... I play clarinet, bass clarinet, and trombone. I also like science classes and art.
Least favorite: The idiotic, immature high school drama and politics. Everything's such a big deal to most of these people, and if you're not part of it, you're not 'cool'. It's stupid how most of my classmates have to know everything about everybody.
|19| List the following five things in order of importance to you: Money, Power, Family, Friends, Love.
Love: If you're not happy, nothing else really matters, now does it?
Friends: Friends will be there for you when you need them. They'll go along with your stupidity until it gets dangerous. Then they'll tell you what and why, and won't let you hurt yourself.
Family: Family will help you through your troubles if you're still close.
Money: Money is a nice thing to have. With it, you can buy power, and if used correctly, you can get very valuable information, not to mention that new flat screen you've had your eye on.
Power: Power is great, but if you're not responsible and careful, you can get yourself in a lot of trouble with it.
|20| Tell us one surprising thing about yourself. I once paid for everything I bought in dimes for a week. I also find a penny on the band room floor by my band cubby at least once every day. Of course, I pick them up and keep them.
Hogwarts Elite - A Sorting Hat Guild
![]() |
|
|||||
|
||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
//
//
//
//
//
Have an account? Login Now!
