Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Great Hall (Sorting)
Jourreve's Application

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jourreve

Dapper Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 am


|1|Username
Jourreve
|2| Are you male, female, transgendered, or otherwise? Take a moment to check.
Female
|3|Who is your favorite character from the books?
I think my favorite character is probably Dumbledore. Besides the fact that he's kind, honest, and wise, of course, he's calm and has a good sense of humor. He's also very good-natured and hard to upset. I think that's an important trait in a person and makes them a lot more likable.
|4|Who is your least favorite character from the books?
That's a tough call; even complete gits can be well-written so that they're the kind of person that you love to hate. The only person I think I really hate is Umbridge. I don't even hate Voldemort as much I hate her. She deserves to have her eyelashes pulled off, one by one, TAKING AWAY EVERY LAST EYELASH WISH. She's evil, vicious, and yet dainty and girly (she gives cats a bad name, I hate it), and she does whatever she has to to stay in the good books of whoever's in charge. She's a love-to-hate type, but she still burns me up! ><
I've also found myself disliking Harry at times, when he's being stubborn or unreasonable or hot-headed or just plain stupid.
|5|Describe in your own words the qualities of each House: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
Gryffindors are people who are brave, even if they don't think so themselves. Neville, for example, is a Gryffindor is who terrified of Snape and doesn't really stand up for himself, but he can fight bravely in the face of danger. They can also be reckless and stubborn; Harry, for example, always tries to keep his friends out of danger and go it alone, but he doesn't always realize that sometimes he needs them.
Ravenclaws' most defining quality is their high intelligence, of course. It looks like it really needs to be their most fitting (for want of a better word) trait, though; take Hermione. Depsite being extremely intelligent, she is a Gryffindor due to her bravery.
The best way to describe Hufflepuffs, I think, is hardworking, honest, kind, all-around nice guys. If you're not particularly brave, intelligent, or ambitious ("good Hufflepuff, she took the rest") then this is probably the House that you would belong to.
Slytherins are ambitious, cunning, and put themsleves before others; they also tend to be rude, selfish and believe that they are better than others.
|6|Which of the twelve classes discussed in the seven Harry Potter books do you find most interesting/enjoyable?
Transfiguration interests me the most, because being able to turn one thing into another (or make things vanish or appear, etc.) would be a very useful skill, and fun to learn. I'm also interested in Arithmancy, because although the books don't go into detail since only Hermione takes the class, from what it has mentioned, it sounds like some kind of Wizarding type of math.
|7| Cats, toads, and owls are the only pets allowed at Hogwarts. Which do you choose to bring?
I would bring a cat. I've never lived without at least a few cats, and they're my favorite animal; I know a lot about them and how to take care of them, and they're comforting to me. I wouldn't know the first thing about owls or toads, and besides, they can't curl up in your lap.
|8| Which of the seven Harry Potter books is your favorite? Least favorite?
That's really hard to decide. My least favorite book might be the fifth, because Sirius dies, or the seventh, because there's so much DEATH. D:
My favorite book could be the fourth, since that was the first one I read; the fifth, because I have fond memories of racing my teacher to see who could read it first, and of reading it as we moved in to our current house; the seventh, because I just can't put it down, and it's a good book with a good ending, despite being sad; or maybe the second, because I just like the book. I really don't know.
|9| There are various special powers and special items in the Harry Potter verse, such as Animagi, Metamorphmagi, The Invisibility Cloak, Polyjuice Potion, etc. Which would you want the most?
Hmm. Well, Polyjuice Potion is out, because I don't want to turn into anybody else and it would only last for an hour anyway. Being able to turn invisible with the Invisibility Cloak would be nice, but it could fall off, get stolen, etc., and it is possible to see through them (ie. Moody's magical eye).
As a Metamorphmagi I could completely change my appearance at will, which would be fun and extremely useful, since no one would be able to tell who you are. As an Animagi, you'd have to register (at least if you wanted to do it legally), so you wouldn't have as complete privacy, but it would be a great experience to be able to turn into an animal; I've always wanted to be able to turn into a cat, myself. I think I'd choose to be a cat Animagi.
|10|You find a diary that has been left on a table in your common room. What do you do?
First I'd look at the outside to see if I could find a name (or something else to identify the owner), and if I couldn't, I'd look on the inside cover, but no further than that. If I still couldn't find anything, I'd put a notice up asking anyone who's lost a diary to describe it to me. If I find a match, I'd give it back.
|11|You are walking to the Great Hall one morning for a spot of breakfast. As you are walking you see that someone has written a bit of nasty graffiti about a House that is not your own. You know who did it, and no one else does. What do you do?
I'd tell them that I knew about it, and, if I could, I'd talk to them about it. If they were sorry about it and willing to clean it up, I wouldn't report them, and I'd help them clean. If they weren't sorry about it, and felt they were right to do it and refused to get rid of it, I'd just clean it up myself without saying anything, unless teachers were actually asking about it.
|12| If you were caught in a burning building, and you could only save one friend or 10 strangers, which would you choose?
That would be a heartwrenchingly hard choice that I hope I never have to face, because I honestly don't know what I would do. It would be wrong to let ten innocent people die to save just one person, but then, the person is your (possibly very close) friend.
|13|List five personality traits that describe you, good or bad.
1. I'm pretty shy. I barely say a word around most people, usually communicating with smiles and nods and things like that. Around people I know well, though, I'm fun and energetic, and I can be downright annoying at times.
2. I love to learn. I hate it when I don't understand something, and I love learning about new things; I'm also pretty smart and I understand things quickly. For example, in the sixth book (this isn't really a spoiler; it's just something unimportant mentioned in a lesson), you know when the teacher talks about Gormatt's Third Law (or whatever it was called) in Potions? It drove me crazy not knowing, so I actually figured out what it meant. It actually seemed really interesting, and I wished that I was actually in the class so I could learn more about it. xD
3. I'm sensitive; I understand people really well, whether they're real or fictional. It's not hard for me to tell how someone is feeling or why they're acting the way they are, and I'm always willing to help. I also avoid conflict whenever possible, and I was kind of the unofficial "peacemaker" of my group of friends during some rough years.
4. I'm easily embarrassed. Even if someone disagrees with me online, it embarrasses me a little because I feel like I'm wrong. I'm willing to debate, though, if I'm fairly confident of what I'm supporting; I also love listening to/reading debates.
5. I'm mature, at least moreso than most of the people in my grade. (As in, the age when kids think the word "Gaelic" is funny.) I think this is due to the fact that I'm not very social, and I've spent a lot of time reading books and stuff on the computer, like debates in Gaia's ED, instead of hanging out with a group of giggling friends and gushing over hot guys or whatever they do.
|14|If you looked into the Mirror of Erised right now, what would you see?
I'm not sure. I think I would see myself at my old house, playing football or something with the boys who lived nextdoor. They were my best friends and neighbors for most of my life, but I lost contact with them after I moved, as well as my friends from my old school, and I miss them a lot.
Or, I might see myself at a Beatles concert or something in the sixties -- despite being born in the nineties, I've grown up with sixties and seventies records, TV shows, etc.
|15|If you saw a Boggart right now, what would it look like?
Either a giant spider or a giant bee. Bees and big spiders scare the heck out of me.
Or possibly a red-and-white '58 Plymouth Fury, that would gun and fall off, gun and fall off, then lunge. (Bonus terror points if it has one or more corpses in it.)
|16|Where do you see yourself in five years? In ten?
Well, in five years, I'll have graduated from high school, so I'll probably be preparing for college. And in ten, I'll probably be doing some kind of computer-related job, maybe for the state, or maybe I'll be a coder (probably not the right word) for Linux or Mozilla, and writing a book on the side.
|17|What are your favorite things to do while on Gaia.
I like to lurk and post in the GCD, fishing subforum, and the ED, fish (on my other account; going for a trophy eventually), listen to music (when am I not listening to music?), and write.
|18| What is/was your favorite thing about school? Your least favorite thing?
I like band and choir; it feels really good being a part of a band, and I love singing. I live to sing. <3
My least favorite thing: Physical Education! Dx I swear, it is the bane of my existance. I'm not out-of-shape, I'm just TERRIBLE at sports. I don't understand all the fiddly rules or what I'm supposed to be doing and I don't want to be doing it in the first place. Instead of chasing/hitting/getting hit by a stupid ball for an hour, I could be doing something USEFUL, like learning a foreign language or art or home economics - I love cooking - or physics or something! >< (Sorry, that kind of turned into a rant.)
|19| List the following five things in order of importance to you: Money, Power, Family, Friends, Love.
1. Love. It's what holds us together, what keeps us good. I quote, "All you need is lovvve~! <3"
2. Family and friends are tied, because they're special in different ways, but are equal in your heart. Besides, you could say your family are your friends and your friends are your family, so you really can't choose one above the other.
3. Power. You can use power for good, but unfortunately it makes people do ugly things to get it.
4. Money. We don't need it, it's a complicated, fickle thing, and it causes wars and fights and murders and whatnot.
|20| Tell us one surprising thing about yourself?
Hmm... I couldn't tell you what I ate around lunchtime yesterday, but I'll quote (and often have mostly or completely memorized) movie dialogue and song lyrics, even if I heard it a long time ago and/or only a couple of times.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 am


I have to say Hufflepuff is coming through pretty clear for me. I don't see much of Gryffindor or Slytherin at all. I do see a lot of Ravenclaw in:

Quote:
2. I love to learn. I hate it when I don't understand something, and I love learning about new things; I'm also pretty smart and I understand things quickly. For example, in the sixth book (this isn't really a spoiler; it's just something unimportant mentioned in a lesson), you know when the teacher talks about Gormatt's Third Law (or whatever it was called) in Potions? It drove me crazy not knowing, so I actually figured out what it meant. It actually seemed really interesting, and I wished that I was actually in the class so I could learn more about it. xD


But that's really the only place it comes out, the rest to me is just pure Hufflepuff.

Dragoste Moon
Captain


[ GeeKer ]

6,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:09 am


I have to disagree with Dragoste, I say Ravenclaw, you seem like you really like to study, the fact you want to have a computer based job, and write a book, and you love physics really did it in for me. Because computer based jobs you have to constantly be learning and re-learning. I do see some hufflepuff, but not enough to vote you in.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 am


I defintely seea Gryffindor in you. I think it's the graffiti incident that sold me on that one, though you do have Ravenclaw qualities as well. I just get a Gryffindor vibe.

pills4breakfast


Maeve DragonHeart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:18 am


Three votes, and all in different houses. But I don't feel like putting you in Slytherin, so I'll have to give an advantage to... Hufflepuff! I think you have a lot of Ravenclaw qualities, but where belleanomalie sees Gryffindor, I see a thrustworthy and loyal Hufflepuff, ready to work hard to help others.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:52 pm


I agree that you should be Hufflepuff, there is just more Hufflepuff than anything else.

Siegfried708


r a i n- C R U S H E D

Magnetic Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:04 pm


Eh, I agree with everyone else, Hufflepuff. You do have Ravenclaw vibes, like with your learning but everything else just kinda punches you in the face with a badger.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:40 am


Welcome to your new House, Hufflepuff!

Now you can vote on other applications, play games, and participate in classes. Don't forget to answer roll call!

User Image

Dragoste Moon
Captain

Reply
The Great Hall (Sorting)

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//