Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Great Hall (Sorting)
angelburrito's Application.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit


angelburrito


PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 pm


|1|Username angelburrito

|2|Are you male, female, transgenderd, or otherwise? Take a moment to check. Haha, female!

|3|Who is your favorite character from the books? My favourite character is definitely Luna Lovegood, everything about her is so incredibly likeable, I think Jo did such a fabulous job with her! I see a bit of myself in her, mostly in her odd quirks and ways. I have lots of little rituals (like they way I organise myself before an exam) and good-luck things I carry around (for the last ten years I've had this little box on my keychain filled with my tiny special things!). I also come from a house with lots of superstitions, like; no new shoes on tables, spilt salt over the left shoulder, no umbrellas or peacock feathers (!?) in the house, you don't give people lilies, you have to cross someone's palm with silver (give them a silver coin) if you give them a knife, and you never gift a purse or a bag (etc) without coins in it... and many more. =P I also really like Luna's constant empathy and compassion for others, as these are traits I long to see in all of humanity. She helps me believe in the good in people. =)

|4|Who is your least favorite character from the books? I'm not sure I can answer this question! There are more than a few characters I find unbelievably cruel-hearted and mean, but I always find something that stops me hating them outright, whether it be a small act which makes me slightly reconsider my thoughts on them (like Wormtail or Narcissa), or that I find their characters cleverly written and developed, like Lucius, he's great. xD Curse you Jo Rowling, you write your characters too well!

|5|Describe in your own words the qualities of each house. Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
Gryffindors are sure of themselves, brave, confident, and have the mindset to achieve what they want to achieve.
Ravenclaws think things through, like to challenge their minds, and are clear and clever.
Hufflepuffs are thoughtful and compassionate, and are the kind of people who are always there when you need them.
Slytherins can be deviant, they know how to turn a situation to their advantage and often have hidden motives. (I'm not saying that these are necessarily negative things!).

|6|Which of the twelve classes discussed in the seven Harry Potter books do you find most interesting/enjoyable? I thiiiink... Ancient Runes and History of Magic. I guess those subjects are really the equivalent of what I study at university, Ancient Greek (the language) and History/Classical Studies. I really love the idea of understanding and discovering the past, I think it has a lot to teach us. As well, I would really love to take Arithmancy, mostly for the fact that it's such an ancient and unique form of divination. Numbers are something I get well, I tend to think in numbers too, it sounds weird, but words appear in my head as numbers, and can be put into equations as I speak! (I'm a nerd, ahaha.)

|7|Cats, toads, and owls are the only pets allowed at Hogwarts. Which do you choose to bring? Definitely an owl!! I think they are the most fabulous animals, and I would definitely need one to help me stay caught up with my newspaper and magazine reading; I have lots of subscriptions to history and global news publications! I also adore writing letters, so an owl would be altogether beneficial. =P

|8|Which of the seven Harry Potter books is your favorite? Least favorite? My absolute favourite is OotP; I particularly love how we get to know some of the characters, such as Sirius, a lot better, and on a different level than in the other books. I also, even if Harry thinks quite differently, think this book is where Harry starts to transition from being seen and being treated like a child, to actually being trusted and confided in. I think that journey is what really makes me love the Harry Potter series so much, because I think I've found myself making that same transition along with Harry, having started reading the books when I was 10, and now being 19! Anyway... haha, I'm not sure about least favourite, because I love them all, but if I had to pick one, it would be CoS. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this book that I don't like as much, but nonetheless, it's one I have only re-read a few times.

|9|There are various special power, or special items in he Harry Potter Verse, such as Animagi, Metamorphmagi, The Invisibility Cloak, Polyjuice Potion, etc. Which would you want the most? Hm... just this weekend I spent a nine hour car ride discussing this question! =P=P I think, of all the fantastic abilities and creations in Harry Potter's world I would love to be an Animagus, I think perhaps I would be a... otter, or a quail. I would dearly love a time turner, I could benefit greatly from fitting a little more into my day; university, work, study, friends, family etc. Ooooh, also, a clock like the Weasley's!! That would be fantastic. =)

|10|You find a diary that has been left on a table in your common room. What do you do? I'd first check around to see if anyone near me knew who it belonged to and ask my friends, then I'd pop it in my bag so I could figure out who it belonged to and return it. I'd check to see if there was a name in it, and if not, I would ask through my classes during the day to see if anyone was missing a diary. If I still didn't know who it belonged to, I would put a note up in the common room saying I had found a diary, and that if anyone was missing one they should come to me, and if they could describe it to me accurately I would know it really was there's and then I could return it! That sounds exhausting... xD

|11|You are walking to the Great Hall one morning for a spot of breakfast. As you are walking you see that someone has written a bit of nasty graffiti about a house that is not your own. You know who did it, and no one else does. What do you do? I think in that situation, especially since the graffiti has the potential to upset or offend someone, I would find a trusted professor within the school, maybe my Head of House, and talk to them about it. I would tell them that I wanted it to be discreet, and for it not to be known that I was the one that came to the staff. I wouldn't tell my friends, or spread gossip about it though, I would just want to make sure that a figure of authority was aware of the facts. I hate sitting on information, especially if I'm the only one who knows.

|12|If you were caught in a burning building, and you could only save one friend or 10 strangers, which would you choose? This is such a hard question! I would love to be able to say that I would choose the ten strangers, my head is telling me undoubtedly that is the far more logical choice... but I really don't think I could do it. I don't know if I could look at my friend, or myself again, if I was to leave them behind. I think, perhaps, that I'm only thinking this because I know, and can picture, what my friend would look like, how they would react. It kind of makes the decision easier from this distance (obviously, since this is a hypothetical situation, haha) because I haven't had to actually face up to the possibility of being responsible for the loss of ten peoples' lives. So I'm not sure I could walk away from them either. I think! Well, ideally, I would work the situation so I could save the absolute maximum lives, both of my friend and of the ten strangers. I would make sure we all worked together and had a solid plan, and also make sure that everyone looks out for each other. I'm absolutely certain there would be a way to do it. =)=) Twelve people putting their heads together can produce amazing thoughts and results!

|13|List five personality traits that describe you, good or bad. I over-think things (subsequently, I usually talk for five minutes instead of one), I can be quite shy, I live my life by what I believe in , I love new things, thoughts and experiences, but I also love to keep the past close to me (I never lose touch with friends and, I'm a hoarder!!).

|14|If you looked into the Mirror of Erised right now, what would you see? I think I would see me, travelling, with someone I love very dearly. We would be... traversing the Greek Isles, or... admiring architecture through Europe, or chilling out on a South Pacific beach. Yeahhhh! We'd be somewhere beautiful, somewhere interesting, somewhere where I could learn new things and challenge the way I think.

|15|If you saw a Boggart right now, what would it look like? Haha, my mother, after her opening the door to my room and being appalled by the state of it...! That really sends her spinning! She doesn't appreciate my filing system. SURE, it might look like a whole lot of random piles, but there is method to the madness! =P

|16|Where do you see yourself in five years? In Ten? In five years, I would love to have finished my BA, and being continuing my studies, working for a Masters or something like that. I hope to be doing this overseas, studying at Greek and Italian universities, coming close-up with the histories I love so much. I'd love to start new research and development in the Classical field, I just... that would be the best thing I could ever be doing in five years time! In ten... well, chances are I will still be at university (I love the place!), maybe working on a PhD, maybe lecturing...! =) Or maybe I will have completed my studies, and come back home to New Zealand (I wouldn't want to live anywhere else), and if so, I think I'd like to be working in a early childcare centre. I'd love to be starting a family of my own too. <3

|17|What are your favorite things to do while on Gaia. Honestly? I love to lurk. I love to read things, conversations, stories, and I don't necessarily need to be apart of them to be having a good time on Gaia. I know that sounds kind of odd, and I do love making friends/talking to people, but I also love the process of discovering things about people. It's not being nosey, it's more just... I like to figure out how people think. It's really interesting!

|18| What is/was your favorite thing about school? Your least favorite thing? I don't go to school anymore, I'm at university, but I guess that's kind of like school! When I was at high school, my favourite things were definitely my classes (History/Classics/English/Media) and especially the teachers I had in my last couple years of high school. I went to a very liberal and relaxed high school, but sometimes (ok, lots of the time!) that meant that most of the class had no interest in what was going on; because of this, I managed to create some really cool bonds and friendships with my teachers, which I think is really neat. =) I'm not sure what my least favourite thing was... maybe it having to end?! I miss high school now, as much as I love university, I don't think I'm going to get that kind of closeness between myself and a teacher for awhile. My favourite thing about university is taking classes full of people just as passionate as me about what we are learning. It's amazing! My least favourite thing is not being able to see my friends from high school in all my classes.

|19|List the following five things in order of importance to you: Money, Power, Family, Friends, Love.
Love, Family, Friends, Money, Power.
I put love first, because that's the first thing I couldn't live without. I would love to put it equal with both friends and family, because a love for them is so important to me. Money comes before power, not because I find money important at all, but because power is something I feel corrupts so many. If I think about how cravings for power have affected humanity, it makes me so angry...

|20|Tell us one surprising thing about yourself? I LOVE public speaking! I love sharing my point of view, I love hearing others' point of view. I love it so much. xD At school, I used to pretend to get so nervous like the rest of my friends before we had to do speeches or debates etc. in class, but secretly I was in heaven!

P.S. Please let me know if there are any bits that don't make sense, I wrote this quite fast and I have to head off to university! I will fix them if need be. =)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:16 pm


Nice application! You definetly look like you love to talk a lot biggrin
Anyway, even if I get some Hufflepuff and Gryffindor vibes, I feel a lot more from Ravenclaw. You seem to be smart and like learning, thinking and talking. You choose your pet based on its use, and spend so much time thinking about the burning building that it probably has the time to burn before you escape.

Maeve DragonHeart



angelburrito


PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 pm


Maeve DragonHeart
and spend so much time thinking about the burning building that it probably has the time to burn before you escape.


Hahaha, you are probably right. blaugh I spend an awful amount of time making decisions.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:44 pm


I agree, you seem very much like a Ravenclaw. Your passion for learning and travel seems to be dominant in your life.

pills4breakfast


[ GeeKer ]

6,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 pm


Agreed, ravenclaw, your though process on a lot of the questions and the.. well I'm tired and it just fits you well.

Quote:

|14|If you looked into the Mirror of Erised right now, what would you see? I think I would see me, travelling, with someone I love very dearly. We would be... traversing the Greek Isles, or... admiring architecture through Europe, or chilling out on a South Pacific beach. Yeahhhh! We'd be somewhere beautiful, somewhere interesting, somewhere where I could learn new things and challenge the way I think.

|16|Where do you see yourself in five years? In Ten? In five years, I would love to have finished my BA, and being continuing my studies, working for a Masters or something like that. I hope to be doing this overseas, studying at Greek and Italian universities, coming close-up with the histories I love so much. I'd love to start new research and development in the Classical field, I just... that would be the best thing I could ever be doing in five years time! In ten... well, chances are I will still be at university (I love the place!), maybe working on a PhD, maybe lecturing...! =) Or maybe I will have completed my studies, and come back home to New Zealand (I wouldn't want to live anywhere else), and if so, I think I'd like to be working in a early childcare centre. I'd love to be starting a family of my own too. <3


That's where you got it for me.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 am


We are going to have sooo many Ravenclaws. I can't believe that there are this many Ravenclaws around.

Dragoste Moon
Captain



angelburrito


PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:00 pm


DDD; I want a house so I can postttt, sigh.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:34 am


Ravenclaw most definetly, there were a few splashes of Hufflepuff in there but it was outweighed by all that logic.
Maybe this will help?

r a i n- C R U S H E D

Magnetic Werewolf


Dragoste Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:45 am


Welcome to your new House, Ravenclaw!

Now you can vote on other applications, play games, and participate in classes! Don't forget to answer roll call!

User Image
Reply
The Great Hall (Sorting)

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//