Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Great Hall (Sorting)
Morwynn's Application

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morwynn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 pm


|1|Username
Morwynn
|2|Are you male, female, transgenderd, or otherwise? Take a moment to check.
I am female.
|3|Who is your favorite character from the books?
Ooh goodness, that's a hard one. I love Neville, and I actually had a crush on Harry Potter for a short period of time. redface
|4|Who is your least favorite character from the books?
Hmm... maybe Seamus's mother or something, because she believed Rita Skeeter. Pff. Oh, I know! I don't like Peter Pettigrew. Not to mention the fact that I thought his death was very anti-climactic.
|5|Describe in your own words the qualities of each house. Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
The Gryffindors are brave to the point of perhaps bordering stupidity, as well as chivalrous and bold. Ravenclaws are the brains of the operation, and there are probably some philosophers in that house, now that I think about it. They're also witty and clever. Hufflepuffs are loyal and hard-working (is that in my own words? I can't remember anymore), and I think this is perhaps one of the most varied houses. You have people as admirable as Cedric down to those as snobbish and obnoxious as Zachariah. The Slytherins are also clever like the Ravenclaws, but they are cunning and their highest priority is their own safety. HOWEVER: they are NOT all evil!! I cannot stand that misconception. I'm sure that there are plenty of Slytherins who are perfectly fine people! I was so mad that SPOILER at the ending of the seventh book, in the Room of Requirement, there were no Slytherins hiding out with everyone else. That seems so unrealistic to me! I refuse to believe that they are all so anti-Harry, even if Draco and his crowd is!
|6|Which of the twelve classes discussed in the seven Harry Potter books do you find most interesting/enjoyable?
I'm not sure I have an adequate enough description of all the classes for me to make a fair decision, and I also don't know how hard it is for me to actually do magic, because I generally don't enjoy doing things that I'm not good at (the exception would be tap-dancing, because I'm bad at that and yet it is such fun. But other kinds of dancing I don't wish to do because I am so uncoordinated). But assuming that I am good at magic, I think I would enjoy Transfiguration and Charms. The former, at least, seems academic enough that I'd be good at it naturally. I think I'd have fun with Astronomy, too -- I've always loved looking at the stars, although my pupils don't dilate fully so I can't see as well in the dark as most people, so that would be a hindrance. And from what I've heard of Arithmancy, that sounds like it could be close to math? If it is, then I would enjoy that as well. But like I say, I don't really know enough about it to decide.
|7|Cats, toads, and owls are the only pets allowed at Hogwarts. Which do you choose to bring?
I would definitely bring a cat, especially since I could just magic away the litterbox mess. Mwahaha. I love kitties, though. They're my favorite.
|8|Which of the seven Harry Potter books is your favorite? Least favorite? Oh my goodness. I quite like the fifth, especially because the Ministry fight at the end is so intense. And the seventh. But I haven't read the sevenths as many times as I've read the others yet. (I've lost count, but I'm sure it's around the dozens I've read each book. That was a horribly structured sentence but I'm too tired to fix it.) My least favorite is probably the sixth, because of Dumbledore's wounded arm that he never told Harry about and because it was mostly Pensive-watching and it was really getting a lot darker at that point, and because of the cliff-hanger of R.A.B. that drove me crazy for two years. (I immediately thought of Regulus Black of course, but I thought that was much too easy and J.K. Rowling would think of something much cooler than that! But once I actually got the seventh book, I wasn't bothered; it all worked out to my liking. :3 )
|9|There are various special power, or special items in he Harry Potter Verse, such as Animagi, Metamorphmagi, The Invisibility Cloak, Polyjuice Potion, etc. Which would you want the most?
Being a Metamorphagus would rock my world times a million. That would be so cool. Oh my goodness. n__n
|10|You find a diary that has been left on a table in your common room. What do you do?
I'd look to see if there was a name anywhere, like the front or back covers, and give it back, at the most skimming the entries if I was feeling particularly curious.
|11|You are walking to the Great Hall one morning for a spot of breakfast. As you are walking you see that someone has written a bit of nasty graffiti about a house that is not your own. You know who did it, and no one else does. What do you do?
I'd probably tell Filch to go clean it up (well, I wouldn't like order him, it'd be like asking the school janitor to clean some nasty graffiti from the bathroom, which I've had to do before) and I wouldn't mention it to the person who wrote it unless they did it again and then I'd be like 'wtf you suck man stop writing that crap.'
|12|If you were caught in a burning building, and you could only save one friend or 10 strangers, which would you choose?
How would that even be possible? If there's ten people in a room, wouldn't they find a way out themselves by working together, as opposed to the one friend needing help? But for the sake of the question, I would save a friend -- imagine their death on your shoulders. It's different than having the deaths of strangers as your responsibility. I'm very close to my friends, and I would never be able to live with myself if I let one of them die.
|13|List five personality traits that describe you, good or bad. Five of my personality traits, according to me, are: independent, a leader, a perfectionist, caring, and introspective.
|14|If you looked into the Mirror of Erised right now, what would you see?
I'd probably see myself finally with this one guy who I've loved for over a year now.
|15|If you saw a Boggart right now, what would it look like?
My mom, dead. She got back from three weeks in Australia this week, and while she was gone I missed her SO much. I don't know what I would do without her.
|16|Where do you see yourself in five years? In Ten?
In five years I'll be 21, probably in college. Hopefully I'll be in some play, and still playing my clarinet in a band of some sort, and still singing in a choir or something. I don't know what I'd be majoring in, though, or what college I'd like to go to. In ten years, in my most hopeful dreams, I'd love to be in one of those casts that travels around to different theaters across the country, touring some play or musical. And in a relationship with a guy I love. That would be amazing. <3
|17|What are your favorite things to do while on Gaia.
I hang around the GCD and the AT most of the time, occasionally going into the LD and GD. I love dressing my avi (the only real reason I go to the forums is to earn gold. x3 ) but since this stupid item normalization thing happened and the equipped items go to the bottom of the inventory, I try not to change my avi as much because then I have to re-organize it every time I save a new avi and it's so annoying but I hate hate hate having my inventory out of order. Augh.
|18| What is/was your favorite thing about school? Your least favorite thing?
My favorite thing about school was band and chemistry and sometimes math. I was finally in a good band class this year (last year I was in the freshman band, as I was a freshman) and I finally got challenging music and I was second chair in this section full of upper-classmen and I was second only to the musical pridogy of our school and he was so great to learn from and it was just an awesome fun experience. Chemistry is the first science class I have actually not hated with a fiery passion, and that was such a relief to have. I HATED biology so much. And, five of my best friends were in my class the entire semester, so that was a lot of fun too. This year, I got over a hundred percent in honors algebra, which made me very happy. The thing I hate about school is honors English homework. I loved my teacher and I liked the class, but she had us do SO much work. Ack. I also hate all the drama that happens in highschool. It's frustrating.
|19|List the following five things in order of importance to you: Money, Power, Family, Friends, Love.
Love, Friends, Family, Money, Power. Family and Friends are so hard to rank, though. I love them both to death.
|20|Tell us one surprising thing about yourself?
I was born blind! surprised
I was born with cataracts, so I had to have like five surgeries by the time I was two months old or something ridiculous, and I've been wearing thick bifocals ever since. It kind of sucks. And because bifocal contacts are a pain, in eighth grade I got contacts for long distance and then reading glasses for close-up, which is better but still annoying.

So I guess that's it! Have fun reading all that. gonk I get really rambly late at night. xP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:31 am


I am seeing a strong Ravenpuff, actually. I'm going to go with Ravenclaw over Hufflepuff for you, but I actually see both. You seem to be a very hardworker, but not overly loyal or patient. (Or disloyal and impatient). I don't see any of the other two. I wasn't sure about Ravenclaw at first, because of your dilike of trying new things, but the end pulled it through for me.

Oh, and you think 10 people can easily work with each other in a stressful situation? I think you give people more credit than they deserve. xd

Dragoste Moon
Captain


[ GeeKer ]

6,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 am


I'm really split, but I will agree, and say Ravenclaw, more or less because you can over come a very hard situation yourself and prove that you are able to adapt and become a very strong and smart person. One who can play music is a very talented person, in my own book.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:46 pm


Like the others, I think you will be a good Ravenclaw, though you also show some Hufflepuff traits.

Maeve DragonHeart



angelburrito


PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:20 pm


Like everyone else who has voted so far, I do see both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff traits strongly coming through. However, I think I would go with Hufflepuff because from your answers you seem to guide things with your heart, and to me that seems more in tune with Hufflepuff, rather than a drawn-out, logical reasoning from a Ravenclaw? Yeah. I think. =)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:28 pm


I agree that you show both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tendencies. I see more of a Ravenclaw in you than a Hufflepuff, though. Not necessarily the stereotypical Ravenclaw (all logical and brainy and whatnot) but maybe a more quirky fun Ravenclaw, like Luna (but.. less extreme, maybe?).

pills4breakfast


Dragoste Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:47 pm


Welcome to your new House, Ravenclaw.

From here you can vote on other applications, play games, or participate in classes to earn points!

User Image
Reply
The Great Hall (Sorting)

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//