Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply General Discussions..
The Mirror of Erised

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you look into the mirror?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe so
View Results

Mia de Benedetti
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:30 pm


Recently, out of boredom, I made a list of a few little known facts about myself. One of them was that I don't want to look into the Mirror of Erised, even if I was given the opportunity.

Would you want to look if you could? What do you think you would you see? How would you handle it? Feel free to add anything about the Mirror.

As I mentioned, I would not look. The reason for this is that I'm afraid of what I would see. I have a theory of what I would see in the mirror, and I don't think I'd be able to handle it very well, especially considering current matters in my life that would definitely conflict with what I see. I know that sounds weird, but trust me on this one.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:02 pm


Personally, I think I would take a look. Being a person infatuated and almost obsessed with learning new things about myself and about the world around me, I don't think I'd ever be able to afford not to and forgive myself provided the opportunity presented itself to me.

However, I do accept that there are some people who would certainly be afraid of looking into the Mirror of Erised. The Mirror is said to reveal only the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts and to many I believe that would be frightening depending on one's upbringing or possibly one's predicted destiny, depressing to others who believe that such a desire can never be realized, and frustrating or even maddening to others who believe their heart should desire something better, more righteous, or more humble.

Regardless of what I believe it would show, I would still look, primarily to learn a bit more about myself. As for whether I'd tell anyone about what I saw, that would be another matter entirely.

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300

littlelunalovegood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:35 am


well, i think i would look, because then i might finally see where the nargles keep taking my stuff to. they have stolen my favorite shoe, and being able to maybe see where they have taken it would make me ever-so happy. but at the same point i am also afraid of all the other possible things that i might see. there are many things my father has told me about in the world, that sound very scary. but still, when it comes down to it, i think i would have to look.
Reply
General Discussions..

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//