Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Supernatural / Paranormal Guild

Back to Guilds

a nexus of all things supernatural and occult. 

Tags: paranormal, supernatural, ghosts, demons, occult 

Reply The Nexus (General Discussion)
Out-of-Body Experiance (OBE)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ally Os

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:11 pm


An OBE according to wiki is "out-of-body experience (OBE or sometimes OOBE), is an experience that typically involves a sensation of floating outside of one's body and, in some cases, perceiving one's physical body from a place outside one's body".

Do you believe this is possible? Has it ever happened to you? Got any stories/experiences to share about OBEs? Etc.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:01 pm


A lot of people will say that OBEs and astral projections are the same things, but I don't really know about that. Astral projections seem to be more like flights of fantasy from what I've read, whereas OBEs seem to take place in real time on this plane of existence, just independently of the body.

I've had a couple of experiences I would term "out of body", but they were all accidental despite my trying to consciously perform an OBE for some years now.

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Ally Os

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:50 pm


I personally think they're different.

Quote from Wiki: "The concept of astral projection assumes the existence of another body, separate from the physical body and capable of traveling to non-physical planes of existence. Commonly such planes are called astral, etheric, or spiritual. Astral projection is often experienced as the spirit or astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the spirit world or astral plane."

To me that sounds slightly different from just your plain old OBE. I too have had a few OBEs. I'm interested in trying to learn to force myself to have them. Perhaps I'll do that for Do Stuff Week.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:23 pm


Two words:
Remote viewing.

Lila Malvae
Captain


Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:41 pm


Lila Malvae
Two words:
Remote viewing.


Everything that I've read seems to say that remote viewing and OBE are different. RV is you seeing things with your mind that you could not possibly physically see, while still remaining in your body. OBE is leaving the body behind and acting independently of it.

At least from what I've read.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:47 pm


I've done some reading, too, and I don't think they are.

Lila Malvae
Captain


Ally Os

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 am


I dunno, they sound pretty different to me
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:29 pm


OBE and AP are different in the sense of life and death and mind and soul

OBEs have been frequently experianced in hospitals when a patient is fading
the patient will then often tell the doctor whats hapening somewhere els and alot of times it has been verified.

Aukusti


Ally Os

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:23 pm


User Image

Yet you don't have to be "fading" to have an OBE I mean I had one when I had a concussion after hitting my head on a cement wall but I also had one when I was healthy. Both times I wasn't dieing or anything. xp


User Image
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:35 pm


I don't know if OBEs' are in fact real. I've never experienced one but scientist have come up with a hypothesis toward why one has these right near death. They are believed to be visions or hallucinations that come from a dying brain.

Full Metal Keyblade

Aged Survivor


Lady_Death

Demonic Nymph

25,175 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:23 am


I've had a few OBEs but mine were always happened when I was in extream pain...like where I tore every ligament in my left ankle weird feeling but its fun actually watching myself. It also for some people I know happens alot when they sleep but that maybe AP I'm not too familar with either of these two but I would have to say they are different from each other by like feel,how it happens, and what its actually like...I know some who can force APs but I don't know anyone thats forced an OBE those seem to happen to like free the spirit or mind from pain or suffering or something like that...AP seems to be something you can do on your own with enough training. feel free to comment me back on this like I said I'm not to familar with either AP or OBE.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:05 am


I've heard of out of body expriances, but I've never really had one.

Mimi-Mako


Gemini-san

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:14 am


Ooh, OoBE... I think I've had one before. I can't really remember most of what happened beforehand, but I remember clearly seeing myself from behind my mother while she carried me, (I was asleep, BTW) to her room. What's more, I also remember waking up the next morning. IN HER BED.

DD:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:11 pm


I believe it, i've never had one, but my mom says she thinks she had one!!!

My_Wolfs_Wings


D0ll_Parts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:55 pm


i never heard of it actually happening without the aid of drugs but it sounds fun in a creepy way.
Reply
The Nexus (General Discussion)

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//