|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:46 pm
What are your thoughts? Do you believe you've had a past life? What do you think about reincarnation?
sorry if this isn't a new topic
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:17 pm
As far as "past lives" I'm not so sure. The stuff that makes up my physical aspect was no doubt something else, possibly part of another person, a long time ago. Go back long enough and everything that is my physical body used to be part of a star. I'm certain that's not what you mean though.
As far as my beliefs on past lives and reincarnation go... Well, I don't really have anything set in stone. I'm not sure I've had past lives in the sense that my soul was incarnated before. Going off of various spiritual traditions and my perceived level of spiritual advancement, it would seem likely that I've undergone many reincarnations, being something of a so-called "old soul".
I think that we get a lifetime to "get it right" and if we don't then we get recycled into the Universe to form something else to try again. The Universe is constantly moving towards perfection; I imagine we are no different even if it takes a very long time.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:04 pm
I'm inclined to believe in reincarnation and such, but I'm a bit stubborn in believing any given explaination seems more true (to me or in general) then any other one I've come across. Mind you, I was raised with a form of hinduism, so reincarnation was something that was apart of my impressionable years, and that may have something to do with my inclination to believe it.
I could mention the things I've been told about my past lives, or length of existence or what-have-you, and anything I've found stands out for me. Though, I've yet to decide what I believe (about me or in general), and more importantly I think theres a fair bit of controversy to be had if we get more then a few beliefs on whats possible going. Hopefully positive, but who knows.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:25 pm
Beliefs are individual, who is to say what is right or wrong?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
You Happened For A Reason
|
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:00 pm
I agree no one has the right to say if it is true or false they just have an opinion!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:31 pm
I agree with a lot of what Dorian Requiem said. However, I think our spirit keeps coming back until it fulfills all that it needs. Then we go onto Heaven
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 am
I believe that memories can be stored in DNA.
It's hard to explain...
For example...
My Great Grandfather was a Pilot [Not really, but still...] His memories were stored in his DNA and passed on through generations.
Now theres me.
Some of his memories, combined with his sons [My Grandfather's] memories are now fragmented and are in my DNA. Sometimes, I believe it is possible that these memories can 'bleed' out. Meaning they can mix with my own memories, giving the feeling of a 'past life'. Now... all this has not happen to me but It's how I see it.
Does that make sense?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:35 pm
Personally, I am unsure as to whether I believe in reincarnation or not and I have no clue how you'd find out about your past lives. Would you consider something you do for the first time and are amazing at/it comes completely natural a sign that it was something you worked really hard on in a past life?

|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:00 pm
If you apply my views of Past Lifes to your question, you will get a pretty good answer. Maybe its not just memories that are passed on through DNA, but talents as well. If my great grandfather was a fantastic artist, maybe I obtained his talent? Make sense?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:28 pm
Ryioke, I like your thoughts with memory and DNA.
As a Buddhist, I am a firm believer in past lives. I dont think that anyone person has only had 'a' past life. Humans have been around for much too long for that. Multiple people have estimated my soul age, most coming around 2500 years. I actually think that I have remembered some. I wont tell you how, since there really is not an art to seeing them. They came to me in a dream.
I believe that this one, however short was one of my most important lives. It taught me empathy.
I was a young girl with black hair and brown eyes. I lived in a small comunity in a mountanous area. Another soul named Sertai was with me in this lifetime. He was three or four years older than me. Sertai's parents and mine were friends, so of course we played all of the time together. The snow was our favorite kind of weather, since you could play with it and jump in it, it was also very pretty and sparkly. When I was 5 or 6, I was playing around a cliff with Sertai and I fell and hit my head on some rocks. I went blind.
The community became very protective of me, and so did Sertai. He became my self proclaimed protector, never letting me leave his sight. I had to learn to listen to people's voices and tone to learn their emotions instead of relying on seeing their expressions. Sertai would still take me into the forest to play, except my body and ears became my eyes as he would guide me through the treacherus landscapes. Soon enough I could navigate parts of the forest better than he could. Winter and snow was still our favorite. We would play games of trust where he would build up giant piles of snow and I would fall backwards into them.
The fall of my thirteenth year I went missing. The entire community was in uproar, even Sertai didnt know where I was. For two months they searched the forrests around our homes. Even the cliff I had fallen down when I was younger had been scaled, to see if it had claimed me later in life. It had been asumed that wolves had gotten me. Sertai didnt stop looking though, he knew I was out there somewhere. He found me in a rundown shack several miles away from the community. A mentily ill man had found me when I was taking a walk one day. He had wanted to prove to his family that he knew how to handle a woman. I was skinny, bruised and cut with ropes holding my arms at odd angles.
Sertai killed the man, knowing what he had done to me. He found rags and dressed me as best as he could before carrying my abused body back to our village. My mother was in tears as she saw me, she had never seen a person so skinny before. That night, as she cared for me, it began to snow. AS she put healing salves on my cuts, she told me that it was snowing. I smiled and told her that I loved the snow, maybe Sertai and I could play in it tomorow. Then I fell asleep.
Then I woke up. That was a lot longer than I intended, I'm sorry!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:54 pm
Thats interesting! I never had any dreams like that, not that I remember anyway.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:08 pm
Past lives... hmm... Well, if you consider the energy from emotions, and the elaborate way our minds attach themselves to memorys, it would make sense if the energy from "released" memorys and emotions found their way to someone, or something else. Perhaps the energy bound to that person or object will react with time, or with an action taking place. Thus a memory that is not your own can be established and used.
Consider psychics and medians. The ability to read minds and see spirits isnt a simple "just happens". But energy being exchanged in their abilities and foresights. Energy must go somewhere so that it can deteriorate and run its course. But if a memory is used and , well i guess you could say perfected in use, the energy will cycle into a new chain of energy. And like all beings, a memory will spread, and become stronger.
I hope that makes since, sorry for the miss-spellings.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:33 pm
Ryioke I like how you described it, however it would fail to explain certain things.
A the creation and/or death of a soul, were all souls created, or born at a certain time, and if not, then they must die.
I like debates like this. this also bring rise to the question of dimensions, could one soul be from a differing dimension and simply drifted to here? also the "breaking of a soul, my mirror theory, whats real, what isn't?
not advertising my thread, no link, but I will provide one if your interested.
anyway I do like how the memories or talents of a person could be brought into a new person through the DNA, it provides an interesting aspect to dreams where you aren't yourself but know are real.
I'm going to stop the post here, peace.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 pm
So you believe that dreams are a way to look back to your old lives? ok, so how do you determine "acid trip" dreams from past reality?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|