|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:07 am
What kind of doctor do you prefer? I like holistic better. The doctor who found out my sister and I have Lyme is holistic. He is really smart and just by looking at me and my symptoms figured I had Lyme, adrenal fatigue, and a low thyroid. And he was right.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:15 am
My doctor was a holistic doctor. I find that they tend to have a much more open mind about things, and they're willing to do things that other doctors, such as family doctors or even lyme specialists, aren't willing to do. I guess that's what makes them so controversial in the lyme realm.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:34 am
Before I got sick, only my older sister was. And doctor after doctor would tell her, "It's not Lyme disease." Then the first thing the holistic doctor was have her tested for Lyme. And she has it. Also, the normal tests are extremely inacurate. They were made to test how accurate the real tests were. It was never intended to become used for everything. So what my doctor did was, he tested her for Lyme with the Western Blot test and the normal test. And she got a positive on the Western Blot and a negative on the normal test.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:55 pm
I think holistic doctors are 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better that the other doctors! The other doctors are quacks! dramallama
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:05 am
It's kind of sad how holistic doctors are very respectable and (from my experience) knew exactly what to do and made me completely better, yet in the medical field they are shunned and laughed at by normal doctors. My family doctor grew silent when we told her that I was going to a holistic doctor for Lyme disease. Sometimes they even have their medical liscences revoked...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:39 pm
It's ridiculous. There was this one time my mom went to our holistic doctor, and he had to leave early because he had to go to court. The doctors who should be getting sued are the ones that don't do anything to help anyone who has Lyme. Not the ones who go against the rules, risking everything to help people who are sick.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:15 pm
Yeah. A lot of people need to open their minds to these things. People come from all over the country and the world to see these people. I had to make an appointment months in advance with my doctor. After I had been living with my Bell's Palsy for a while, a Lyme specialist at a nearby hospital told me that my face would never go back to normal... But I went to a holistic doctor and what do you know, I'm good as new! It goes to show that people really don't know what they are talking about. I don't like that someone can say that kind of thing to a child with such certainty in an area that is very controversial and gray in the medical field.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:56 am
My sister went to UMASS hospital a few times and it is supposedly a very good one. But the doctor she met pretty much just came in and told her it wasn't Lyme. Then we found a holistic doctor and in one visit he had her an appointment for blood tests for Lyme. He used a Wester Blot (very good accurate test) and a normal Lyme test, just to show how inaccurate the normal test is. She got a positive for Lyme on the Western Blot and a negative on the normal.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|