Welcome to Gaia! ::

The One and Only Lyme Disease Guild

Back to Guilds

 

Tags: Lyme Disease, Chronic Illness 

Reply General Lyme Disease Disscusion
Did the government make Lyme disease?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Yes!
  Heck No!
  I'm not sure.
View Results

Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:35 pm


There have been theories about whether or not the government made Lyme. And just recently, they confessed to putting it into deer ticks.
But they did not say if they made it or not. I think they did.
About 70% of all people with Lyme are also co-infected with "cytoplasma fermentens," which is patented by the US government.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:25 pm


Oh wow, that would really suck.
Do you really think it could spread that much though?
Hmm...
:[

Spectabulous


Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:48 am


There is an island off the coast of Connecticut called Plum Island. Lab 256 is a government germ lab where they do all kinds of testing. Some people also think that West Nile and Gulf War Ilness came from there.
according to the book "Lab 256" they let deer tick roam free on the island. You think that the ticks can't get to the mainland, but there are birds and deer that travel back and forth between the island and mainland. Therefore spreading the disease to the civilians of the US.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:20 am


Oh dear.
That's... A bummer...?
I can't imagine the government would do something that stupid though.
What made me really angry was a few years ago when my mom told me they used to have a Lyme disease vaccine, but they pulled it off the market because "there wasn't enough of a demand for it"...
So basically, everyone is susceptible, and it's like, come on!! People should definitely be vaccinated for that kind of thing. I'd say that's more important than the flu vaccine. I had the flu a couple of times and I was only sick for a couple of weeks. But I've had Lyme since I was eight (about six years now, but I'm all better presently). (Not that I'm saying the flu vaccine isn't important, not at all.)

Spectabulous


Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:16 am


That's not the real reason they pulled it off the market. It didn't even work right. Instead it GAVE people Lyme Disease.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:09 pm


Ohhh well then, that's a completely different story.
:[
I'm glad they took it off.
Still, I wish there was an easier access to information on things like medication, you know, and if they really made a vaccine that worked... I don't think anyone wants to go through the things you and I and everyone else has... My friend, my friend's mom, they all had Lyme as well, it's all too common in New York. Ugh, when I had it, I was in Florida, so of course they didn't know what the hell they were doing.
DX
Well, whatever, I guess.

Spectabulous


lymelady

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:00 pm


I think it's a good theory that they worked with it, but I'm not so sure they made it. They may have modified an existing bug, because there are reports of things that are just like lyme disease dating back to the 19th century, in Germany.

That could explain why they're doing so much to cover up the extent of this disease, and how many people probably have it without reason. It doesn't make sense for it to be all from the insurance companies, since they'll end up paying to treat all the symptoms over the course of the person's life, it would be cheaper just to pay for lyme treatment.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:52 am


I don't really know, but I think they made it.

Kitty Pryde5
Crew

Reply
General Lyme Disease Disscusion

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//