Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Alliance Halls Left Wing --- Art Gallery & Writer's Forum
The addiction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moran Shetland
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:24 pm


I made this a not so long ago but I hope u all like it! Please if you would like to criticize my work please do so.
I hope there are no copy paste of my work.
If my work is abused I will take it off.
- Anime Fairy! 3nodding

The addiction

When I was little, I used to play outside and ride my bike all around the park. I also played strategy games like board games, card games, some Nintendo 64 and also some computer games like Age of Mythology and Age of Empires. My life changed when I was nine and I started to play on the internet.
Some of my friends from my school told me about a game where you can play online with other people. At first, it seemed boring to me but I gave it a try and it was fun because it was three dimensional, and I could fight monsters. This was often all a kid’s fantasy that I kept playing it, to the point that by time, it became boring.
Some of my other friends played different games, and I started playing the same games they were playing. These games had more graphics and had better child fantasies. The more I got into the games the more I never went out. They were so fun that I stayed at the computer all day. In these games, I was able to choose what kind of characters I wanted to be and the powers I could have like flying, super-strength, and shape-shifting. In these games, I also had missions and quests that I had to complete to achieve a new level or get new power, weapons or money.
I played on the computer because there were people to talk to while in my immediate neighborhood I did not know anyone so I had no one to play outside with. On the computer games, I got to play with my friends and other people in a virtual world and I did not feel as lonely. I also, liked the fact that it was something I was good at and it made me feel empowered, like I could do anything.
After a while my mother and my sister were getting worried about me because I wasn’t going to bed in time, I was not spending any time with my family, and I was not doing anything else than playing on the internet. My sister changed the computer password but I went on another account and changed the password back to normal. She tried taking away my screen plug but I found another one and used it and kept it a secret from her then she found out and took away my internet. I found a way to get back so I kept playing but then one day they brought my computer downstairs. There was no connection down stairs, so I was only able to play computer games bought from stores.
It made me frustrated that I could not play anymore online games. I felt a want to get back at my sister and my mother that I found foolish and mean to me by being unpleasant to them and by refusing to cooperate. My mom brought me to a family psychologist and I hated how he asked so many questions. As I did not want to go back and see him again, I agreed to behave and be more mature.
I know that my family taking away my internet was the best for me. It helped me a lot on my addiction. I spent more time with my family and my friends. I understand now that unfortunately, I wasted most of my last two years on my computer games. Thanks to my family’s reaction and concerns, I have learned that I have a big problem, and that I need to learn how to control it by limiting my time on the internet and making more time for other activities and people.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:00 pm


Well written. It's tough to accept when one has an addiction and to overcome it. Good example of what it means for humans to have free will...

Gedral

Reply
The Alliance Halls Left Wing --- Art Gallery & Writer's Forum

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//