Welcome to Gaia! ::

The One and Only Lyme Disease Guild

Back to Guilds

 

Tags: Lyme Disease, Chronic Illness 

Reply General Lyme Disease Disscusion
What are your symptoms?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:43 pm


What symptoms do you have from Lyme?

Mine are joint pain, swelling, tiredness, muscle pain, adrenal fatigue, low thyroid, headaches, and red, itchy, warm feelings on my lower legs when I stand to long.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:17 pm


Hi, this is a really nice guild.
Thanks for the invite by the way.

Well, let's see...
It's been a few months since I've had symptoms from Lyme, after seeing Dr. Horowitz and having my treatment...

My symptoms at the worst part of my lyme experience (in about 2001-2002) were pain in the backs of my calves when I stood for too long, and general hip/joint pain... The worst of them was (at first) pain and inflammation in my right wrist, but then one day I woke up with Bells Palsy... The left side of my face went completely paralyzed, and is still not perfect, but over time has SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

Dr Lyme, it sounds like your symptoms must be really sucky... Sorry...
I know there's not much to do in the way of Lyme treatment...
My parents tried everything for me, from lyme specialists to acupuncture, until my friend's mom gave us the name of a really contraversial but amazing doctor around here (upstate NY)...
Sorry to get off topic...
Just if you know the right doctors to go to, they can change your life.
Maybe I'll save the rest of the story for a future thread/ another time.

:]

Spectabulous


Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:51 am


I'm doing better. Thanks to a doctor that most normal doctors hate. For a couple months I would get 2 vitamin C IVs a week.
And I'm also taking about 30 pills and supplements a day.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:15 am


Oh dear, that's intense.

Well when I was on treatment they had me on:
Doxycycline- 100mg capsules- 4 times a day
Hydroxycholor- 200mg tablets- 2 times a day
Saccharomycin DF Dietary Supplemet- 2 times a day
Ultra Flora Plus DF Probiotic- 2 times a day
Theralac Probiotic- 1 time a day
I think that was at its worst...
Needless to say if I didn't eat a good enough breakfast, I was in the nurse's office for an hour... That was not cool at all. gonk
Then after I came off of the medicine, they gave me herb drops for over the summer, which I really only did a couple times... They didn't exactly taste magical.

Sounds like yours is not that great either, though... I'm glad you're doing better!

Spectabulous


Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:10 am


Were the herb drops called samento?

Most of my medicine are vitamins, but right now I'm taking 400 mg of doxycycline a day.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:21 pm


Hmm, well I was on like 4 different kinds of drops... I don't remember what they're all called, honestly...
><
Yeah, Doxycycline...
Does it make you sick or anything?

Spectabulous


Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:09 am


I only get sick from doxycycline if I don't eat with it.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:10 pm


That must suck a lot...
Blehh.
Lots of days in the nurse's office.
:[

Spectabulous


lymelady

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:53 pm


I'm much better than I was five years ago, when we first started treatment. Back then it was fevers, rash, swelling joints, aching joints, brain fog, double vision, fatigue, stomach aches and nausea, thyroid problems, headaches, and it was to the point where I actually had to drop out of school because I physically could not get through the day anymore; by the time I was done the commute to school, I was ready to drop. Now I'm able to get up in the morning, work, and get done what I need to get done. I wouldn't be here without my doctor, it's worth traveling to CT to see him. Most doctors couldn't pin down what it was because the symptoms were all over the place O.o Come to think of it, I got the same feelings in my legs, and numbness.

It's down to joint problems, fatigue, headaches, sore throats, and nausea now.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:31 am


The nausea could be caused by food allergies. I had that for a while, but then I had allergy testing and found out I was allergic to gluten, sugar, yeast, apples, bananas, chocolate, oats, cottonseed, peanuts, egg whites, soy, and tomato. Since I mostly stopped eating those, the nausea went away.

Dr Lyme
Captain

Dangerous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ellie Ellie Ray Ray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:40 pm


Arthitic like symptoms. evil stomach pain, fatigue....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm


I don't have Lyme, but Dr. Lyme is my brother and I know so many people who have it, that he let me join. I heard that Lyme could possibly be passed by misquotes! If so I better be tested! domokun dramallama

Kitty Pryde5
Crew

Reply
General Lyme Disease Disscusion

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//