Welcome to Gaia! ::

The OFFICIAL Gears of War Guild [Now Recruiting]

Back to Guilds

 

 

Reply Gears of War Discussion
Funny Thing! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chainsaw?
  IT ROCKS! and requires skill to use it!
  IT'S A NOOBISH WEAPON! and requires NO skill to use it!!!
View Results

Mister Ken Masters
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:35 am


well im not really sure if it's considered funny but
i was playing Gears of War yesterday and i kept going into Annex matches
and all i used was the chainsaw!!
i lost count on how many matches i went because they kept booting me!

and one person sucks(i can't remember GT)
he said that the chainsaw requires no skill to use
if that's true, then we would get kills with the chainsaw EVERY TIME!

what are you're thoughts on the chainsaw?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:20 pm


It's good when used in moderation. But a lot of times you're screwed when you use it. You're vulnerable once you chainsaw someone.
I don't use it though simply because I always die when I try to.

Drevend
Vice Captain


Destante

Hallowed Medic

11,325 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:38 pm


No no no! You can't make me voice my opinion on the chainsaw yet again! I don't care what you do to me! ><
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:25 pm


hmm

xan_308

Distinct Lunatic


Trova
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:44 pm


*reactions from people, post Gears of War* "OMG!! We get to use a chainsaw!?!?!? Kickass!"

*reactions after Gears is released* "OMFG! It's a n00b weapon!"

Well i guess every weapon is a n00b weapon and takes no skill to use.

Boomshot, point and shoot. Same with practically every other weapon, cept you use the trigger.

People just love to b***h and complain about everything how they die. "Host shotgun! OMFG unfair!" Host your own god damn game then.

Anyways, yea. The main frustrating part of the chainsaw, is because it have like a 7 feet "blackhole". It can occasionally suck you in, even if you shoot them. It has its moments.

Frag tagging is cheap. Well s**t, melee is too then, you just hit the B button one more time.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:41 pm


I won't say anything concerning the chainsaw in Gears of War, but I will say there's a rumor about the chainsaw in the next game as having a limited amount of fuel when you use it...Makes sense to me, and it might just stop a few people from bitching...just a few, though.

Destante

Hallowed Medic

11,325 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Mister Ken Masters
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 pm


Destante, if that's true
then only the noobs who can't use a chainsaw will be happy
everyone else will be pissed off because how are you supposed to get the achievement of chainsawing 100 people?
maybe it resets after every round but still, what about Annex
.........damnit, im complaining!
xd xd
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:29 am


Pssst everyone! I`ll let you all on a secret I learned! When you`re chainsawing and I mean EVERY single time you chainsaw someone, hold left or right with the thumb stick so you spin around; spraying blood everywhere! But no, that`s not the reason! When you`re spinning it gives you the chance that a sniper may miss your head rather than you just stay still AND if there`s someone trying to chainsaw you, it gives the chance that you spin just BARELY out of their targeting which PISSES them the ******** off but it works great and you can either run away or chainsaw them! Muwahahahaha, I`m so badass and I don`t even know it, probably just one lucky b*****d<3 Either way, I win! xD
Seeing as the chainsaw is KINDA like a blade in a twisted weird way (lmao) it brings me to say Halo 3`s sword! (or even halo 2's) You can pull the right trigger to to a big swipe (making you lunge) OR press the B button which does a little swipe (quick, dirty, very little recoil time) so you win in a sword-sword battle or when you accidently jump into the ENTIRE ******** TEAM by going up for instance a grav lift! So remember, spin around with the chainsaw and when you have a sword....Big swipe, Little swipe, Big swipe, Little swipe!


I think I had too much fun with that xD I`m having second thoughts about posting this though D: I thought these up myself in random ponders and hell they work xD

Kinky Kondoms
Crew


Sanguine Fox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:57 am


Kinky Kondoms
Pssst everyone! I`ll let you all on a secret I learned! When you`re chainsawing and I mean EVERY single time you chainsaw someone, hold left or right with the thumb stick so you spin around; spraying blood everywhere! But no, that`s not the reason! When you`re spinning it gives you the chance that a sniper may miss your head rather than you just stay still AND if there`s someone trying to chainsaw you, it gives the chance that you spin just BARELY out of their targeting which PISSES them the ******** off but it works great and you can either run away or chainsaw them! Muwahahahaha, I`m so badass and I don`t even know it, probably just one lucky b*****d<3 Either way, I win! xD


Same goes when you pick up a weapon. 'Cause a sniper is usally watching xP

Works like a ******** charm xD

Chainsaw does take skill, and sometimes a bit of luck, to use.

Like, I was trying to get my chainsaw achievement. I was playing Execution on Gridlock. What I would do was hide behind a car in front of the Boomshot, waited until they started to pick it up, shoot him with a Lancer, and then run at them when they're downed. By the time I get there, and rev up my chainsaw, they're getting up. Then, I pick up their Boomshot, and wreak havoc on the rest.

Good strategy, in my opinion, as not only is it the only thing I can do when I get near them, it also comes up as their team picking up the Boomshot, so I have the element of suprise.

And some guy called me a noob for doing it.

General rule of Gears of War: If you kill someone, 90% of the time they will call you a noob.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:22 am


Sanguine Fox
Kinky Kondoms
Pssst everyone! I`ll let you all on a secret I learned! When you`re chainsawing and I mean EVERY single time you chainsaw someone, hold left or right with the thumb stick so you spin around; spraying blood everywhere! But no, that`s not the reason! When you`re spinning it gives you the chance that a sniper may miss your head rather than you just stay still AND if there`s someone trying to chainsaw you, it gives the chance that you spin just BARELY out of their targeting which PISSES them the ******** off but it works great and you can either run away or chainsaw them! Muwahahahaha, I`m so badass and I don`t even know it, probably just one lucky b*****d<3 Either way, I win! xD


Same goes when you pick up a weapon. 'Cause a sniper is usally watching xP

Works like a ******** charm xD

Chainsaw does take skill, and sometimes a bit of luck, to use.

Like, I was trying to get my chainsaw achievement. I was playing Execution on Gridlock. What I would do was hide behind a car in front of the Boomshot, waited until they started to pick it up, shoot him with a Lancer, and then run at them when they're downed. By the time I get there, and rev up my chainsaw, they're getting up. Then, I pick up their Boomshot, and wreak havoc on the rest.

Good strategy, in my opinion, as not only is it the only thing I can do when I get near them, it also comes up as their team picking up the Boomshot, so I have the element of suprise.

And some guy called me a noob for doing it.

General rule of Gears of War: If you kill someone, 90% of the time they will call you a noob.


General rule of ALL games: If you beat someone, 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% will trash talk you D:

Kinky Kondoms
Crew


Sanguine Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 am


xDD

So true
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:40 pm


The chainsaw is really fun... but only when your using it. but yeah it takes some skill to use other wise they can just melee you and, oh say, use a shotgun on your head.

Sergeant CJ


Destante

Hallowed Medic

11,325 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:48 pm


That's not funny. This is funny. =P
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:23 am


Destante
That's not funny. This is funny. =P

Haha! Why the hell did he just sink into the water? User Image

Drevend
Vice Captain


Duckslayer74

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:34 pm


who in their rite flippin mind say the chainsaw is NOOBISH only 1 outta how ever many more there were but it rulez u can slice ppl up with it and then kick there leftovers all over the stage rofl  
Reply
Gears of War Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//