|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:31 pm
Homework submissions go here.
Please write your full name, house and year at the top of your homework.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:07 pm
Lesson 2 DADA Homework: Darcy Lorace, Hufflepuff, Fifth Year
My happiest memory was of when me and my brother got our letters right when we both blew out the candles of our eleventh birthday cakes. My wish was, to get the letter as quickly as it could after I blew out the candles. Once it soared through the window, before I had even regained my breath, I was so happy. It was like magic....that sounds odd as it was magic.
My Patronus animal was a penguin. I think that it was a penguin because they are extraordinary birds that are, unlike their companions, not scared of humans. I am sort of like that. I will talk and help anyone no matter their religion, House, or nationality.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Lesson 2 DADA Homework: Perry Lorace, Hufflepuff, Fifth Year
The happiest memory that I chose was of me getting into Hufflepuff and not Slytherin. No offense to Slytherins, of course! But my father had made me become paranoid when he said that I was sure to get into the Slytherin House. On the Hogwarts Express, I did everything I could to combat whatever bad karma I had built up. I ended up in Hufflepuff, which is the best house for me.
My Patronus's figure was an African Elephant. I believe it was an elephant, because they are big, shy creatures. I am unnormally tall and lanky for my age and I am also very shy. The elephant and I compliment each other almost act by act, way by way.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:22 pm
Lesson 2 DADA homework Steven Takeshi Ravenclaw fourth year.
Personally I believe that a curse should only be used in self defense because there is no reason to otherwise. I know this from personal experience. Last year several Fifth-year students thought that it would be funny to harass me with this same spell
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:50 pm
Lesson 2 DADA homework Alexis Agen 5th year Ravenclaw
My happiest memory was Christmas when i was 12. My mom died the year before, and for some weird reason, my dad thought we should have a christmas dinner the way she used to make it. I can remember my brother Laird and I (still bitter from a fight we had) expecting tragedy. Well, tragedy is what we received in a completely black roast, a few raw potatoes, and lumpy egg nog. My father sat us down and began to serve until he realized just how disastrous his food was. Suddenly it was like all out tension melted away and we laughed together at how crazy the whole situation was. Dad ordered takeout and we spent the rest of the night just having fun like we used to. It was the first time we felt like a family since my mother died, and it felt really nice.
My patronus takes the form of a wolf cub. I think this is because I'm playful and like to joke around, but like the wolf, at times I'm a bit of a loner.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:18 pm
DADA Level 1 - Lesson 2 Sira Wyrdstalker, 1st year Ravenclaw
In regards to the Deprehensio Veneficus spell, I find that it could be useful in the pursuit and aprehension of practitioners of the Dark Arts, or their artifacts. The hiding places and covens of these dark ones have been known to harbour all sorts of concealed magical traps, sometimes taking the most inocuous forms. This proves specially true when these wizards hide in the muggle world, as they may disguise traps or items as mundane items, that would otherwise go unnoticed.
As for the Tripudio Lux Lucis spell, I found it more effective using the four orbs rather than the human-shaped blob. As I practiced and gained more control over them I discovered you could increase their speed and make them draw random patterns in the air. This show of lights, while harmless, can confuse opponents and distract them from your actions or those with you, buying very precious time. The spell can also be used to frighten off light-sensitive harmful creatures that do not posess human-level intelect (which would allow them to realize that the light is harmless).
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:52 pm
Name: Naida Strauss House: Slytherin Year: First
Deprehensio Veneficus can be a helpful spell when looking for something magical. Sometimes a wizard or witch may be in a situation where they need to find a magical item in a room full of non-magical things. This simple spell can make that location easy, leaving the wizard or witch more time to do other things.
Tripudio Lux lucis can be very useful in duels or even magical battles. A distraction can be very advantageous in several situations. In a duel you can draw your opponents attention to something else giving you an opening for another spell to hit them. In other situations you could send the spell around a corner or through an opening and position it to turn your opponents back to you by watching it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:30 pm
Name: Kanita Doyle House: Ravenclaw Year: 6th Assignment: Potion - Immunity
This potion, of increasing the immune system to repel poison effects, is an important one. To be unharmed by poisonous intoxications can save the life of a victim. If a witch or wizard in danger consumed the potion of immunity, they could eliminate most threats upon their life. They would not have to worry about having the correct ingredience that would be needed for one specific poison. This process would rescue their life. So, in learning how to better protect oneself, I feel more ready to handle anything that may happen.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|